Chapter 6: Making good friends

Stuck between two
"This is the second girl whom would ignore me and run off when I grabbed her. " Jiwoo thought as he stared at Eun jae's backview until it disappeared. 
 
"She must be really bad in singing to be running away now." Hyuna said as she smirked. But Jiwoo ignored her and continued looking. 
 
"Hi leader, can we start with our practise now?" as he was still doubtfully looking towards the door when Eun jae was last seen at before she disappeared, Wooyoung asked him along with the rest of the performers behind his back staring at Jiwoo.
 
"Sure." Jiwoo said without looking as he picked up his bag. They then all splitted up according to their different segments and started practise.
 
---
 
"DAEBAK!! YOU LOST!" Jihoo said as he laughed and whacked Onew in the arms.
 
"Looks like someone has to treat us dinner tonight!" The rest of the boys, Minho, Taemin and Key grinned.
 
"Sigh, I always loose." Onew said as he threw the cards they were playing with down. 
 
"Time for dinner!!" the rest said, as they packed up and got ready to leave Taemin's dorm.
 
---
 
They finally reached the restaurant that Taemin recommended. As the boys ran in towards the restaurant, Jihoo caught sight of a really familiar girl. 
 
"Omo... Eunjae-sshi!" He approached Eunjae slowly. Jihoo finally recognised who this familiar looking girl was. 
 
As Eunjae caught sight of Jihoo, she felt lost. She didn't want anyone to know that she was working here and so far she had never recognised anyone in school that actually regconised her. And now that things gotten so complexed in school for her, and the more she didn't want anyone to know, it happened.
 
"Er...... er..." Eunjae didn't know how to react. 
 
"Don't worry. I won't tell anyone that you're working here." Jihoo knowing why Eunjae reacted this way, making her feel at ease.
 
"What are you doing here anyway?" Eunjae questioned softly, looking around, feeling still, a little flustered.
 
"Oh, just coming to have dinner with my boys." Jihoo said, smiling brightly.
 
"Your boys?" Eunjae said, feeling more flustered. Nervous at the thought of having more students from school here. 
 
"Yeah! Don't worry, I will let them know not to let anybody know too, besides they don't know you, so I guess it's okay." 
 
Right after Jihoo ended his sentence, Key called out for him, asking what's taking him so long.
 
"COMING." Jihoo said, as he smiled to Eunjae and walked to where the rest of the boys were. 
 
"Who's she?" Key asked.
 
"Some random girl in school that I helped, two times." Jihoo answered casually while looking at the menu. 
 
"Oooooooooo~ something special going on?" The rest of them asked together, teasingly.
 
"Nothing, it's just coincidence." Jihoo answered cooly. They then called for the waitress, ordered and waited for their food.
 
"She's cute." Minho said, as he looked at Jihoo. 
 
"Yeah, really innocent too." Jihoo said, looking towards the direction where Eunjae was.
 
"You like her?" Minho asked, straight forwardly.
 
"No! I already said she's just a girl in school whom I saved, for 2 times coincidentally." Jihoo answered as he punched Minho's arm.
 
"Okay." Minho grinned. 
 
"What?" Jihoo questioned, surprised.
 
"Nothing!" Minho said as he continued grinning.
 
"Yea... ok...." Jihoo said, as he looked at Minho confusely.
 
---
 
"This is the..." Eunjae served the boys. As she was serving halfway, Minho nudged Jihoo, signalling him to do something.
 
Jihoo got the signal as he began trying to say something.
 
"Er, so Eunjae.." Jihoo said, as he looked at Minho and then changed sight to Eunjae.
 
"These are my friends. Minho, Taemin, Key and Onew." As Jihoo introduced, they exchanged greetings to one another.
 
"I was wondering if you would like to join us for dinner?" Jihoo said, awkwardly and then self-smacking himself in the head for asking such a stupid question since Eunjae was working at that moment.
 
"But... I'm working..." Eunjae replied awkwardly then, together with an awkward smile. 
 
But at that moment, Mdm Choi overheard their conversations and pushed Eunjae to the seat beside Jihoo, which was empty.
 
"It's okay Eunjae, have your dinner! I can handle by myself for awhile, since there's not much customers today." Mdm Choi said as she smiled, grabbing away the tray from Eunjae's hand and walked away. 
 
Eunjae then awkwardly sat there, only looking around the restaurant to see if there was anything she could help Mdm Choi, so as an excuse to leave the dining table.
 
Dinner was then served by Mdm Choi, together with Eunjae's. Although Eunjae didn't ordered anything, but according to past years attention, Mdm Choi guessed what Eunjae would like to have and served it without asking her.
 
"So.." Key said, breaking the silence amongst all of them.
 
"Which year are you in now?" 
 
"Oh. I'm in the 2nd last year now..." Eunjae said as she finished chewing her food and looked towards Jihoo, which was sitting beside him.
 
"Oh i see. We are in our last year of school now." Key said as he looked at all the other guys sitting down.
 
"We have been good friends since like childhood you know! And Jihoo is just back reuniting with us recently since he had been gone for 2 years and so, we are all really happy! And now that Jihoo had introduced you to us, we are even more happy to have a new friend now. If you don't mind you can really just join us for lunch in school from next time onwards!" Key said really brightly as he laughed.
 
"Wow, he's really friendly." Eunjae thought to herself as she stared at Key, in a lost of how to react to what he had said in a blast.
 
"Sorry, he's abit of a chatterbox." Jihoo said as he nudged Key to shut up.
 
"It's okay. It's really cute." Eunjae said as she laughed.
 
As Key heard what Eunjae said, he got even more excited and started to blabber non-stop throughout the whole dinner. The rest of the boys then joined in and they started to get less awkward, becoming much more friendlier towards each other. As they finally finished dinner, it was about time the fast food restaurant closed too.
 
"It's closing. Do you wanna go off together?" Jihoo asked as he looked at Eunjae, picking up their plates from the table as the rest of the boys sat there, finishing up their drinks.
 
"It's okay. I still have to help the lady boss clean up the shop. You guys can go off first." Eunjae said as she smiled.
 
"Okay then." Jihoo said, somewhat feeling a little disappointed. 
 
"I will go then." Eunjae said as she said goodbye to the boys, including Jihoo, and walked off to the kitchen while holding the plates.
 
"Bye!" Jihoo said as he stared at Eunjae's disappearing backview.
 
"You like her don't you!" Minho smacked his back as he noticed Jihoo staring.
 
"No I don't!" Jihoo refused, as they walked out of the shop together and went home.
 
"It's been awhile since I felt this happy. Thank you boys." Eunjae thought, smiling as she stared at the boys disappearing backview.
 
---
 
"Where did she go yesterday." Jiwoo thought in class as he stared at the seat beside him, which belonged to Eunjae.
 
At that moment, Eunjae walked into the class. 
 
"Coward Lee is here!" Hyuna shouted as she stared at Eunjae who was walking in, while the rest of the class laughed.
 
Eunjae pretended not to hear what Hyuna said and continued walking towards her seat with her eyes looking towards the ground.  
 
As Eunjae unpacked her bag and placed the books and materials that she needed for lessons that day on the table, Jiwoo asked.
 
"Where did you go yesterday?" Jiwoo asked, staring at Eunjae, whom promised him yesterday that she would explain.
 
"I-" before Eunjae could say anything, Hyuna started shouting.
 
"Why would you ask her that Jiwoo? Obviously it's because she in singing and is trying to run away!" Hyuna continued teasing.
 
"Shut up Hyuna." Jiwoo said seriously with frowned eyebrows as he stared at Hyuna.
 
"So, tell me." Jiwoo asked again, staring at Eunjae.
 
"Just take that what Hyuna said is true." Eunjae replied emotionless, as she started flipping her textbook to the page that lessons were going to cover today.
 
"But- forget it." 
 
Lessons begun.
 
---
 
Lunch break came, and like always, Eunjae had already prepared sandwich for herself, which was much cheaper than all the other food in school. Before going home after ending work, she would always go to this bread shop that would clear their breads at a really cheap price after 9pm, and she would always buy her next day breakfast, and lunch there. And of course, ramen was her dinner. This was the reason why she was so skinny and pale looking all the time.
 
As she unpacked her lunch, Jihoo and the boys walked by her class.
 
"Hey Eunjae!" Key called out as he smiled towards Eunjae sitting inside the class.
 
Eunjae looked wide eye confusedly, wondering why the boys were here. 
 
"You must be wondering why we are here right? Let's go eat lunch together." Key said as he walked towards Eunjae and started packing up her sandwich and bag, and then grabbing her by hooking onto her arm and then walking towards the cafeteria together.
 
"Kyaaaa, looked at Minho-sshi! He's so handsome." some random girl said as he saw Minho walking towards their usual spot in school together with the boys.
 
The boys, together with Eunjae, walked towards their usual spot in the cafeteria. And as always, placing down their things, they would walk  towards the counter to get their lunch.
 
"Whose that girl?" the girls started asking when they say Eunjae there, with them, unusual to the normal days.
 
"Isn't she Lee Eunjae?! The girl that fought with Hyuna the other day?" 
 
"Who does she think she is to be with the popular ones in school, and with 5 boys alone?"
 
"What a ..." 
 
Comments started pouring in, and more bad impressions of Eunjae started. As Eunjae started noticing that the surrounding people were all gossiping about them, she started feeling uncomfortable. But she was the only one noticing all this, the boys didn't, since attention was always given, they haven't felt it any special. Hence Eunjae decided not to let the boys know, preventing unwanted drama from occuring.
 
She didn't want another day of Hyuna's incident to occur, hence she kept quiet.
 
 
 
Jihoo is starting to fall. I think you guys can tell. But what about Eunjae? And how about Jiwoo?! Let's wait and see. I hope you guys liked this chapter, a little more on friendship than other stuffs.