Chapter 9: Unknowing battle

Stuck between two
Eunjae sleepily raised her hands up in the air to stretch herself while walking out of her room door. But at that moment, Jiwoo was already in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for himself.
 
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" Eunjae asked in shocked. She still haven't awaken completely.
 
Jiwoo looked up and stared at her, with messy hair, and a sleepy face.
 
"Wow." Jiwoo said, while looking at her up and down.
 
"AHHHH." Eunjae shouted as she ran into her room again to get her looks fixed.
 
After getting herself looking neater, she walked out of the room again.
 
"What are you doing?" Eunjae questioned, curious of what Jiwoo was doing in the kitchen.
 
"Preparing breakfast." Jiwoo said, as he carried two plates of delicious looking breakfast filled with sausages, scrambled eggs, and a pancake and gave one to Eunjae.
 
"You should get a dining table soon." Jiwoo said, as he then walked towards the living room to sit on the sofa and he started eating.
 
Eunjae followed him behind and sat beside him awkwardly on the sofa.
 
"Where did you get these ingredients?" Eunjae asked. She was sure there was nothing except Ramen left in her apartment. 
 
"I got them, at the supermarket." Jiwoo said, while eating his breakfast deliciously. 
 
There wasn't even TV in her apartment, thus it was kind of weird sitting at the sofa and facing the wall.
 
"Oh."
 
"You should really get a TV here." Jiwoo said, while looking at the plain piece of wall infront of them.
 
Eunjae looked at the wall then looked back down on her breakfast.
 
"How much does this cause? I'll pay you back." 
 
"It's okay. I just got a little more ingredients to prepare a second set." 
 
---
 
"Don't you think you have been a little tough on Jiwoo?" Mrs Kim asked Mr Kim, while sitting on the dining table, enjoying their breakfast.
 
Mr Kim ignored what Mrs Kim said as he continued eating his breakfast. Jiwoo's attitude was exactly like his father. They were both hot tempered, quiet, and cool. This was why they always had disagreements or argument between them. It wasn't the first time. But it was the first time Jiwoo moved out like that.
 
"Aren't you worried? Where can a 18 year old high school student go?" Mrs Kim said again, noticing that Mr Kim had purposefully ignored what she said.
 
"MR KIM. Can you answer please?" Mrs Kim, a little annoyed.
 
"As long as he has his credit cards, he will be fine." Mr Kim said, while finishing up his breakfast and walking towards their room.
 
---
 
"Are you ready?" Jiwoo said, knocking Eunjae's room door.
 
"Soon! You can leave first! I'll cycle!" Eunjae shouted behind the door.
 
Jiwoo walked off towards the sofa then to take a sit, scanning through the house. This apartment needed a lot of work to be done. While he was looking through the house, Eunjae's room door slammed opened as she rushed out.
 
"Why didn't you leave yet?" Eunjae asked, widened eye at Jiwoo who was still sitting at the living room.
 
"I'll send you." 
 
"It's really no need. I can cycle." 
 
"Did you forget your bicycle is still in school?" Jiwoo smirked.
 
Eunjae recalled that her bicycle was still parked at the school from yesterday, she then quietly followed after Jiwoo into his car.
 
The ride to school was in silent. They then reached the school, as both of them got down from the car. 
 
Students started whispering to one another, noticing that Jiwoo, the popular kid, was with a girl that has a bad reputation, currently, in the school.
 
"Why are they together? Oh my god I need to report this to Hyuna!" one of Hyuna's girls said to another, as they dashed off to class to look for Hyuna.
 
"Is it a bad idea to send me to school? Look at how the people are reacting." Eunjae whispered to Jiwoo, as they were walking side by side towards the school hall.
 
"It's okay. There isn't a need to bother about them." Jiwoo replied without bothering, as they continued walking towards class.
 
"Why were they together?" Jihoo, whom has also caught side of them alighting Jiwoo's car together, was shocked, and disappointed at the same time.
 
---
 
Lunch time soon reached and like the past few days, Jihoo and SHINee came over to look for Eunjae for lunch. But something was weird today. Jihoo wasn't as cheerful as how he was. He looked a little sad, and in deep thoughts most of the time.
 
"Jihoo, is anything wrong?" Eunjae asked politely upon noticing the slight different in him.
 
"Oh, nothing's wrong." Jihoo comforted Eunjae and told her not to worried, faking a smile.
 
"I wonder what's going on between her and Jiwoo." Jihoo thought to himself, worried that something might be going on between the both of them.
 
As they finished lunch, they headed back to class and like most other days, Jihoo sent Eunjae back to her class.
 
"Erm. Eunjae ahh, do you need me to send you to work after school?"
 
"It's okay Jihoo-oppa. I'll go by myself." 
 
"Okay then, see you tomorrow!" Jihoo waved goodbye, faking a smile yet again while watching Eunjae walk into class and to the seat next to Jiwoo.
 
"Maybe they're just classmates." Jihoo comforted himself to think towards the positive side.
 
---
 
"QUICK, BEFORE ANYBODY SEES US." Hyuna hurried the girls while she looked around to see if there was anyone passing by.
 
"Hahaha, Lee Eunjae, you are going to regret offending me." Hyuna smirked.
 
She didn't realize that Jihoo saw what she was doing.
 
---
 
As class ended, Eunjae, like any other days, ran off to get her bike, and off to work. But of course, today was slightly different. Before she rushed off, she waved
to Jiwoo.
 
Eunjae then cycled towards her cafe like any other day. As there was a downslope from the road to her work place, she tried to brake her bicycle, but she couldn't.
 
"AHHHHHHHHHH-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." she screamed. She couldn't break her bicycle, and it kept going faster and faster.
 
As it was about to crash the tree infront, Jihoo grabbed onto her waist and pulled her off the bicycle. As they both landed on the pavement with a thud, with Eunjae on top of Jihoo.
 
"Phew." Jihoo heaved a sigh of relief. He had already seen what Hyuna and the girls did, but he wasn't sure what. Soon he got a little suspicious thus he followed behind Eunjae's bicycle to make sure everything was fine, and to notice what was happening, he immediately stopped his car somewhere in front of her so that he would be able to lift her up on time.
 
Traumatised and in shock, Eunjae laid on top of Jihoo for a little while.
 
"Are you okay Eunjae?" Jihoo worriedly asked, still in that position.
 
"I- i-" Eunjae stuttered, still in shock. 
 
"There there.. it's over now, it's ok." Jihoo patted her head, noting her that everything is going to okay now.
 
---
 
"I'll send your bicycle for repairment today. I'll be here to fetch you home tonight." Jihoo waved goodbye while carrying Eunjae's bicycle towards his car.
 
"Sigh. What am I to do if he wasn't here." Eunjae thought to herself, and she started work.
 
---
 
"Thank you for dining with us tonight, see you again soon." she greeted their last customer before closing up the shop. As she was greeting them at the door, she caught sight of Jiwoo's car, and him, sitting inside.
 
After getting everything done, she walked out from the restaurant, waving goodbye to Mdm Choi, Jiwoo walked up to her.
 
"Hey, ready to go home?" 
 
"But-" before she could answer him, she heard Jihoo calling her.
 
"Eunjae ah! I'm h-" Jihoo was surprised to see Jiwoo, standing there directly infront of her.
 
"Why does this seem so awkward..." Eunjae thought to herself as she looked at the two boys standing infront of her.
 
So who do you want her to go with? First battle/awkward scene! Omo oktokkae?! *winks* Haha I hope you like this chapter! Please leave your comments so that I know what you think!