Chapter 11: Hot and cold

Stuck between two
"Bye Mdm Choi! See you tomorrow!" Eunjae bid her farewell with Mdm Choi as she waved goodbye and walked out of the fast food restaurant.
 
"Hey, Eunjae." Jihoo was waiting outside her work place for her. While holding a brand new bicycle beside him. 
 
"Hey Jihoo oppa." Eunjae greeted, while walking towards him, looking quietly at the bicycle.
 
"This is for you." Jihoo said, smiling. While passing the bicycle to Eunjae.
 
"This is a new bike?" Eunjae asked, looking at the bicycle and then looking at Jihoo.
 
"Yes. The bicycle shop owner told me your bicycle was too old and adviced me to get a new one instead of getting that fixed. And so I did. Sorry I didn't ask for your permission. If you want your old bike back, I can go get it for you." Jihoo said, a little worried since Eunjae's facial expression wasn't really good.
 
"It's okay Jihoo oppa. But how much is this? It seems expensive." Eunjae said, as her eyebrow narrowed.
 
"It's okay Eunjae, I can afford this little money." Jihoo said, comforting Eunjae while passing her the bicycle.
 
"I really can't accept this.." Eunjae said, as she looked down towards the ground.
 
"So you want me to drive you around everyday?" Jihoo teased, jokingly trying to persuade Eunjae into accepting his gift.
 
"Aish Jihoo oppa!" Eunjae hit Jihoo's arm lightly. 
 
"If not then take it!" 
 
"Aish... okay oppa! I will pay you back once I have the money!" Eunjae said brightly, as a huge smile appeared on her face.
 
"It's okay Eunjae, take it as a friendship gift from oppa."
 
"Then I should give you something too, in exchange." Eunjae said, as she went onto her new bicycle happily.
 
"I'll be waiting for your present." 
 
"Haha! Okay oppa! I'll be going then. Thanks for your gift!" Eunjae then bid farewell as she rode off with her new bicycle.
 
"Bye! Ride home safely!" Jihoo stood there as he looked at Eunjae's disappearing backview. He smiled to himself, glad that he had made Eunjae happy, went into his car, and went off.
 
This was all witnessed by Jiwoo who has parked his car somewhere hiding in the dark, to prevent himself from getting noticed. He was a little worried for Eunjae, thus he came over to take a look, thinking that if Jihoo was not here he would send her home. But the two person's happy scenes were caught by him and it made his heart ache. He drove home, a little jealous.
 
---
 
Eunjae reached home, as she quietly walked towards her room, tip toeing. Since there wasn't any lights on in the living room nor kitchen, she assumed that Jiwoo was already asleep and she didn't want to wake him up.
 
As she passed by Jiwoo's room, his room's door swung open.
 
"Ya, Lee Eunjae. Come over here." He walked out towards the living room as he the lights and sat on the sofa.
 
Eunjae was shocked at his sudden appearance. She quietly walked towards the sofa and sat beside him. They sat there for a few moments in silence, as Eunjae finally broke it.
 
"Er, is anything the matter?" Eunjae asked.
 
"You should stop working." 
 
"What are you talking about." 
 
"I said, you should stop working." 
 
Eunjae was shocked that Jiwoo would suddenly say such a thing to her.
 
"Huh?" Eunjae was confused at what he meant.
 
"I said, stop working at that fastfood restaurant. And work for me." Jiwoo said, looking at Eunjae.
 
"Work for you?!" Eunjae was even more confused, and shocked at that moment. Thinking of what he meant, she stood up.
 
"Don't be shocked. I need a new servant, that's all." Jiwoo said, looking up towards Eunjae, who was standing at that moment.
 
"Servant?" 
 
"Yeah. I need someone who can cook for me, and wash my clothes for me at home. And also help me complete my school work." 
 
"But don't you-" 
 
"No buts. I'm hiring you, and I'm going to pay you more than what the fastfood restaurant pays you." 
 
"You must be crazy." Eunjae said, as she ignored him and walked towards her room.
 
"Where are you-" Jiwoo grabbed onto her arms and pulled her, not knowing that she would trip and fall, landing onto him on the sofa.
 
Awkwardness and shyness fills the room as they lay there for a moment and looked into each other's eyes.
 
"I'm sorry-" Eunjae said as she stood up.
 
"It's okay." Jiwoo replied
 
"Er, bed time!" Eunjae, who was blushing madly ran into her room and closed the door.
 
Jiwoo scratched his head as he followed behind her and went to his room too.
 
"Why is my heart beating so fast.... urg." Eunjae thought as she sat behind her room door. Thinking of the scenerio earlier on as she bit her lips.
 
"Oh gosh Lee Eunjae. No stupid thoughts! Go to sleep.. go to sleep.." Eunjae thought to herself as she stood up and went to her bed, covering her face with the blanket.
 
---
 
Morning came as Eunjae woke up and stepped out of bed. But in shock, she saw Jiwoo standing infront of her.
 
"Morning missy." Jiwoo stood infront of her bed, with his arms crossed, while staring at Eunjae.
 
"YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM!" Eunjae's eye widened in shock as she hid herself under her blanket.
 
"I told you, you are to prepare breakfast, look at the time now." 
 
"SINCE WHEN DID YOU!" 
 
"Yesterday night." 
 
Eunjae didn't know what to reply. She didn't thought that Jiwoo would be serious about what he said yesterday.
 
"So get up and prepare breakfast now." 
 
"I didn't agree-" 
 
Before Eunjae could reply, Jiwoo walked out of her room and closed her door.
 
"Urg, stupid guy." Eunjae heard the sound of the closing door and ducked her head out of the blanket.
 
As she went to prepare and get out of bed, and into the kitchen, with Jiwoo sitting at the sofa in the living room waiting for her breakfast.
 
"Hurry up." Jiwoo rushed.
 
"What a pain." Eunjae groaned to herself as she started preparing breakfast.
 
---
 
"I don't agree to being your servant!" Eunjae exclaimed as she passed the plate of breakfast to Jiwoo harshly.
 
Jiwoo took the plate of breakfast from her and continued eating breakfast without bothering about her, checking his iPad.
 
"YAH! I'm not agreeing to you and that's it." Eunjae said angrily as she walked off towards the kitchen.
 
"Then pay up the money you owe me now." Jiwoo said, in a cool tone.
 
"What?" 
 
"Pay up, then you can do whatever you want."
 
"You-"
 
"Yes?" Jiwoo looked up towards Eunjae, who was currently standing infront of him.
 
"Nothing." 
 
"Start work from tomorrow. You can tell your lady boss you're quitting her job today." 
 
"But-" Eunjae then thought about the sum of money that she owes Jiwoo. She kept quiet then. She could only do what Jiwoo instructed her. 
 
Jiwoo then walked out of the house. He wanted to ask if she needed a ride to school, but the sight of the new bicycle that Jihoo bought for her made him change his mind. He then started his car and went off to school without waiting for Eunjae.
 
"Seriously, what is up with him!?" Eunjae thought to herself as she looked at Jiwoo's car going off from the windows.
 
"And I actually thought that he was a good guy. Awhile ago he was such a nice man and now he's being so nasty." Eunjae thought to herself as she pouted and locked the house door, took her bicycle and went off to school.
 
 
So how is this chapter? Sorry I took too long to update. Didn't have any ideas till yesterday night. And school has started for me unfortunately, busy busy. But I will try hard to take out time to update!! And any of you watch kdramas? Omo I am so in love the The Heirs right now. It's still a lovely drama to me, till episode 4 that's out so far. Love it!!