Something is Wrong

The Wolf Curse

 

 

 
The morning sun tickled her face and the sweet morning air crept into the van through the slightly opened window. Ahra stretched her hands and yawned. She stood up and accidentally hit her head on the ceiling of the van. She fell back on the seat and the van shook. Her hand rubbed the spot and moaned in pain. Ahra had forgotten that she wasn't sleeping in a room but inside the van outside her uncle's house. As she was about to open the door, a head popped from the chair in front of hers.
"What time is it now?" Tao scratched  his hair which was messy and rose up.
"Tao! Watch out for.."
"Ouchh" he fell back on his chair.
"your head....." Ahra finished her sentence as she cringed.
"It hurts." he moaned in pain squatting on the seat both hands on his head.
The van door opened and Luhan peeked in, "What's going on? I heard noises from outside." 
"We both accidentally hit our head against the ceiling."Ahra smiled embarassed.
He shook his head, "Two clumsy little kids. Come out and let's have breakfast." 
At the mention of breakfast, Tao seemed to forgot all about his pain and happily skipped out of the van, following Luhan who has entered the house. Ahra shook her head. It is just so hard to believe that Tao is someone who's older than her. She treated him like a friend and sometimes even like a younger brother. As she stepped out of the door she saw Sehun sitting on the ground. He had a small twig on his hand and he was scratching the earth with it.
"Hey what're you doing?" she laughed and squat down beside him.
Sehun threw the twig away and stammered, "Ah... eum.. Nothing really." and he wiped away the scribbles he made with his shoes. Ahra laughed to herself. Sehun might seem cool and quiet from the outside and even look more matured than the two other boys who are the same age with him but he has a soft hard and is still young after all. Ahra like discovering the different sides in him. One second he'll be matured and thoughtfull and the next he just seems childish and plain.
"You're weird and funny."she smiled as he glanced at her.
"What? Weird? I'm not weird. And I'm not funny either." he looked at her with a poker face and serious tone. Ahra could only laugh making him stare at her strangely.
"See? You are." and she pointed to the stick and the traces of pictures on the ground.
"So scribbling with a twig on the ground make someone a weird and funny person?" he asked taking the twig spinning it around.
"Not really, it only apply to you." she took another twig laying on the grounf and drew a face on the earth.
"That's you." she dusted her hands after completing her work.
"You're pretty good in drawing but I think I look better than that." he pointed to the face of the drawing.
"My mother taught me to draw. I can't remember what and when she did though, but my uncle said so. He said that she taught me to write well also. She said girls are supposed to have beautiful and neat handwriting." she said as her hand turned the twig around and around in a circular motion forming a gole in the ground.
Sehun looked at her staring blankly into the distance. 
" Have you ever thought if you can remember everything again?" he asked carefully before pausing, "If there is a way to regain your memory back will you do it?"
She looked back at him, " I did several times, but I never had the courage to even try. I guess I'm just scared of what will happen if I suddenly remember everything again. I wish I could. I really want to get it back but like I said, I'm just a scaredy cat after all." she gave a dry laugh.
He didn't know what to say. He's not a warm and friendly person like Baekhyun or innocent and pure type like Tao who can make her laugh. Sehun started scratching the ground with the twig. "My eyes are not this big. You weren't drawing D.O were you?" 
Ahra looked at him and smiled. Isn't it so cute how he was trying to make her feel better by doing that? 
"Are you two going to join us for breakfast or not?" Luhan appeared by the door his hands on his hips. The two stood up and hurried in as they were welcomed by grumbles from the other starving boys.
 
                 ...............................
 
Ahra gave her uncle a last hug before started lecturing him on taking care of his health, eating the right food and not  draining himself from work. He only gave her nods and understanding smiles. The twelve boys excused themselves and jumped on to the van. Ahra didn't stop waving and looking out of the window until the van turned a corner and she couldn't see him nor the house anymore. Ahra noticed the ride wasn't as noisy or chaotic like when they left the house. The boys were either looking out of the window or listening to music from their phones. She glanced at Kai who was sitting on her right and Baekhyun sitting on her left. She hadn't talk to Kai the whole morning because he seemed to disappear when she was around. 
 
He was resting his chin on his hand as he placed one of his elbow on the lower window frame. She touched his shoulder with her hand, "Are you alright? You didn't eat that much during breakfast." Her touch woke him up from his daydream, "I didn't feel like eating." His lips forced a smile and he turned his back on her. 
She turned around to face Baekhyun but he was closing his eyes ,his ears plucked with the headset connected to his ipod. Once a while he sighed and finally turned around facing the window.
"Did I do something wrong? Why does everyone seemed so quiet today?"Ahra asked herself. She tapped Tao's shoulder who was sitting in front of her, "Tao, why is everyone so quiet today? Did I missed anything or probably I did something wrong?" she whispered in his ears trying to not seek attention from the others. Tao turned and face her, his hands holing onto the seat, "Don't worry Ahra. They're just grumpy because they lacked sleep yesterday night." Ahra decided to trust his words but the situation didn't get any better when they returned home. Everyone decided to return to their own room and Ahra was left sitting alone in the kitchen. Her school will start tomorrow and it was supposed to be fun and exciting as they prepare for the school bazaar but she was not excited even a bit. If Baekhyun wouldn't even talk to her how about the others like Kris? She bit her lower lip hard trying to think of what probably went wrong yesterday. But she couldn't think of anything until her head hurts. Was it because she had asked them too much when they were leaving the night before? Maybe without her really realizing it she had in into their matter too often.
"Maybe it will be better if I keep some distance away from them. Atleast for the mean time." That night she hadn't talked to any of them and she left the dining room early after cleaning up the table. She didn't even come out of her room to ask them when they'll be returning and send them off as usual.
 
The next day she decided to enter the bus the latest. The three sat themselves in the last row but she immediately sat on an empty seat in the front row to avoid them. She left the bus in a hurry once they stopped in front of the school.  Sora greeted her with a grin in front of their class, "Hi!! How's your Chuseok? Excited for today? We'll be making banners today. I bought the paper and coloring materials." Ahra smiled, "It was okay. I enjoyed it." she sat down on her seat placing her bag under her chin.
"What's wrong? You can tell me ." Sora hold her hand worriedly.
"I don't know. They all seems to be avoiding me. I must've done something wrong but I just don't know what." she covered her face with her hands. 
Sora squezeed her hand, "You want me to talk to them? There could've been a misunderstanding?" 
Ahra shook her head. She knew she had to solve her own problems herself. They walked side by side towards the hall.
 
It was recess time but Ahra had refused Tao's request to spend the break together with him. "I'm not hungry." that was her excuse. She hated looking at him walking away with his head down like that but she would've hated it more if he started feeling bad for her because of the others. She decided to read a book eventhough nothing could enter her head. There was a tap on her shoulder. She looked up wishing it will be Kai or Sehun but it wasn't, it was Misun and her gang. 
"Hi." she said moving her fingers.
Ahra straighten her back and sat upright. That was unusual. After the accident there hadn't been any exchange of words anymore but they were shooting her dirty looks everytime. They wouldn't dare to do anything to her as Kai or Tao or Sehun would always be by her side. Sitting alone in the class during a break like this made her an easy target for them.
"You're the class treasurer for the bazaar right?" 
"Yes, why?" she looked back at Misun.
"We're going to go shopping for a few things for the class. We're missing some important things in the list. How about come with us tomorrow evening?" it was Yumi.
"Because you're the treasurer I guess we'll need your permission." Suyeon added.
"But you guys won't need me there when you shop. You can just tell me what you're going to buy and I'll write them down and pass you the money." She explained to them.
"But I thought we should ask your opinion on some things. Besides what is so hard in helping us?" Misun glanced at her before flipping her hair back, "We'll pick you up at five. You help us with the work and we won't disturb you. Deal?" she smiled and left with the two without waiting for her answer. Ahra couldn't really care about that. She blew her bangs and rest her head on her book.
 
                .................................
 
Saturday came and Ahra had left for her temporary afternoon shift in the bookshop. They had found a replacement and she was no longer needed in the dogs cafe. For extra earning she had asked Jungshin for the afternoon shift and he had agreed. Ahra was busy watering the plants when Jungshin exit the door with his backpack on his back. "Working hard on your weekend?" he asked and she returned it with a weak smile.
"I'm going out for a while. Do you want to join me for dinner later?" he asked squatting beside the plants.
"Sorry, I need to go somewhere with some friends today." she continued pouring water into the pots.
"Sora? Where?" Jungshin just wouldn't leave until she told him everything.
"No, not Sora. But I'll meet her later at six to continue working on the posters for the school bazaar. I need to accompany Misun and her friends to shop for a few things." she lifted the watering can after she finished the last pot. Jungshin nodded his head, "Okay then. Maybe next time?" And he waved as she nodded at him.
 
Ahra waited in the bus stop close to the bookshop. They were supposed to meeta at five but it was already five twenty and there was no sign of Misun nor her gang.
"She was probably just fooling around with me." Ahra stood up and was about to leave when a fancy car stopped beside her and Misun opened the window.
"Sorry we're a bit late. Come in." Suyeon opened the back door and she stepped in not very sure with herself. The car zoomed away at top speed. After ten minutes of chaotic car ride with Misun and her gang shouting and laughing like drunk, the car parked in the basement of an unfamiliar building to Ahra. 
"I thought we will be going shopping for things. This is not a stationary shop." Ahra stammered frozen on her seat.
"Don't worry, we will. I just need to take some things and talk to some friends. Spare me ten minutes. We'll return to the car soon." Misun locked the car door and led the group into an elevator.
 
The elevator stopped on the second floor and Ahra followed her out. The whole corridor was brightened up with bright colorful light bulbs and there was strong smell of cigaratte. Ahra knew it was no ordinary place , it was somekind of a bar. There were girls walking around in tight leather dresses with their face covered in thick make up. Misun stopped in front of the door and whispered to one of the bodyguards guarding by door. She stopped when she saw Ahra stopping behind her.
"I'll just wait here for you guys." she leaned on the wall. 
"Do come in for a while it won't take long. I just need to meet someone." Misun encouraged  her and Aha felt herself being dragged in by Suyeon and Yumi. It was bright with lights flashing on and off and it was very noisy inside, there was lound music from the speakers. They sat around the rectangular table where a few boys were sitting. Ahra wanted to go out of that place but she was trapped between the wall and Misun. The three girls started pouring each other alcohol. Misun handed a small glass to Ahra, "It's on me."
Ahra shook her head trying to reject it politely. She has poor toleration for alcohol. A few glass can send her drunk and that's the least she would want to happen to her at that moment. Ahra checked te time on her watch. She had left her bag in Misun's car and her phone was inside. It showed six thirty. Sora would be really worried because she hardly ever come late to any of their meetings. And she was right.
 
Sora walked around the house in confusion and worry. Ahra had always been on time. She tried texting and there were no repplies. She tried calling but she didn't pick it up. Sora decided to call Jungshin as Ahra said she will have a part time job in the bookshop that afternoon.
"Sora? It's very rare for you to call me. What's the matter?" 
"Did Ahra came to work today?" she asked worriedly.
"Yes she did. I thought you two are meeting up to do something related to your school bazaar or something."
"She was supposed to be here an hour ago. I tried calling and texting but there was no response." Sora felt she was about to cry. There was silence.
"Her shift ended at five. But she told me she'll be going with a few friends to but some stuff. What was her name?? Mi.. Misun! I think that was it. Why don't you try calling her?" Sora couldn't believe her ears. She threw her phone and hurried outside.
 
Sehun was sitting alone in his room when someone barged in. He was hoping it will be Ahra. After the trip he could feel they are drifting apart from each other. The distance between them grew as she wouldn't even sit beside them or talk to them. She would always find an excuse to flee to her room and stay there. It was Luhan. "I think you better come down now. There is something wrong going on." Everyone had gathered in the living room and Sehun noticed a familiar face. "Sora?"
The girl had wet eyes as she tried to hold herself together.
"Ahra.." she wept.
"What's with her?" Baekhyun touched her shoulder.
"We were supposed to meet up but she didn't came. She wasn't responding to my texts and messages and Jungshin oppa said she left with Misun.. Something must've happened to her." she wiped the tears flowing down her cheeks.
"You have to help her. Misun must be planning something."
"Where is she? We can't help her if we don't know where she is." Kris rose up from his seat.
Sora shook her head, "I don't know.... All I know was that she went with Misun and her gang." There were no replies from the boys when Kai rose up from his seat. 
"Don't worry we'll find her."
 
                .........................................
 
Ahra gathered her courage and rose up from her seat, "Misun, I need to leave now. I promised to meet Sora an hour ago." 
Misun smiled at her and it was an evil smile, "You think you can escape out that easily?" she stood up and gave a signal to the guy who had been sitting in front of them all the time.
"Teach her a lesson ." and she left the place followed by her two friends. Ahra rose up and tried to follow them out but the guy had grabbed hold of her hand as and he pushed her back until she fell on the long seat.
"I've been setting my eyes on you. Not close to my type but I was too attracted to your pretty face." he sat beside her blocking her way out. Ahra felt herself trapped like the fish in the stream. Just if her body can move as swiftly as the fish she would've been able to escape. She was completely trapped between the wall and this man in a completely strange place where she couldn't possibly seek forany help. Suddenly she felt his hands wrapped around her waist and one hand on her thigh. She tried pushing him off but he remained unmoved. He became even stronger as he leaned in trying to kiss her.  She felt weak against this guy. Her hands were shaking as she tried pushing him back. The memories of Sehun and Kai helping her that night flashed back in front of her eyes. Tears started forming in her eyes and flowing down her cheeks.
 
"Where are you guys.."
 
"Get the off her now!!!"
Someone grabbed the guy by his shoulder and threw him with force to the table across the room. Bottles and glasses fell from the table and broke down to pieces on the floor. Everyone started running out of the room. A few other guy attempted to throw punches at him but he dogded easily, avoiding all of them and with force hit them back with his fists.The first guy moaned in pain and tried getting up, "Who the hell are you!! I'll get you for this!!" he spit blood on the floor and attacked him back but he jumped on a table as support before kicking his face hard with his foot. His body was slammed hard on to the ground. The guy stepped closer to him and put his foot on top of his head pressing his face down. "I'll crush down your head and broke your bones with my own hands if you dare touch her again. I'm not playing around with my words." he put his foot back down on the floor and kicked him hard on the stomatch before he left him bleeding and wounded up on the ground.
 
Ahra covered her wet face with her palms as she felt someone pulling her into him embrace. It was Kai. Her cry broke as she hold on to his shirt. He wrapped his strong arms around her and her hair, "Stop crying, I'm here now." The sound of his soft voice made her cry became louder. She wasn't sure what to say. She was thankful that he came but she was still terrified and shocked . She couldn't feel her own fingers and her body felt so weak if Kai hadn't hold her she swear she would've collapsed to the floor. His warm hug and his soft on her back started to calm her down. She felt she found a support when just a few moments ago she was so helpless and alone in a foreign world where she knew no one to help her. She was no longer alone.
 
The other people in the bar decided not to mess up with the 18 year old kid. They learnt from the bleeding guy that it is best to stay away from him. His strength definitely was no joke and they wouldn't dare challenge him or ignite his anger. They took a few steps backward as he took the girl on his back out of the room. 
 
Ahra rested her head on his shoulder, her two hands around his neck. He turned his head and glanced at her. Her eyes was puffed up and there were traces of tears on her cheeks. He stopped as he secured his grip making sure his two hands can support her body safely and comfortably. He checked her once again. She didn't seem like the strong and determined Ahra that he know. She looked weak and helpless now in front of him and he was glad he was able to save her before it was too late once again. The eleven pairs of eyes turned towards the door as the was a click sound. They saw Kai with Ahra on his back, sleeping. None of them said a word just incase they'll wake her up. Kai carried her to her room, laid her on her bed and covered her with her blanket. His fingers brushed away her bangs to the side before he exit the room and returned downstairs.
 
The others had worried looks on their faces. Baekhyun rose up when he saw Kai stepped down the stairs, "How's she?"
Kai combed back his hair with his fingers, "It wasn't too late when I arrived. But she was very scared, I saw it in her eyes."
Luhan gave a relieved sigh, "We should let her rest first." and they were dismissing themselves when Sehun stopped them.
"Wait, there's something that I need to say." he got their attention as everyone sat back on their seats.
"Didn't you all feel something different? After we return home two days ago, after the talk we had." he paused "I think she had been avoiding us since then. I know we are worried and confused on what to do but we can't show it to her. I think she's suspecting something is going wrong and she's trying to avoid us. I guess she think we are mad at her or something.."  He stopped as their expression changed. "I can feel it. There is a growing distance between Ahra and us. Can't you all feel it too?" They didn't say anything but silently agreed to what the youngest had said. "We've cone this far and this close with her, are we going to let all of this go to waste? We might not notice it but she can feel it from the change in our behaviour and speech." Everyone was silence.
"I think Sehun just made an important point. If we are growing apart we might really lose her. We need to stay by her side and protect her. I know you are all worried of hurting her if we help her to regain her memories but if we can stand by her side and protect her, everything will be alright." Luhan added.
"So are we going to reveal it to her?" Chanyeol spoke. "Are we going to let her know who we really are?"
"We'll wait for the right time." Kris answered.
"How if she won't help us? Is everything going to be over? We have no idea on how she'll react to us.." Chen said.
"I know she will help us. I just know she will." Sehun patted his shoulder assuring him.
 
 
A/N: i just got kai's feels today hehe omg kim jongin ㅜㅅㅜ i noticed some fans call him '니니' which is read as nini\^,^/ isn't it cute??? I'm sorry for the lame fighting action but i have to admit i'm not very familiar with vocabs about fighting.. I knew kill, stab, scratch*if this is even a fighting word lol, slay, skin and some others.. But i don't think you would want to read about exo skinning a human beingㅋㅋ how can the babies do something like that?? They're too pure and innocent!!!! NOOOO >.< sorry i always get carried away with my exo feels~^,^~ thank you for reading lovee❤❤❤