Trapped

The Wolf Curse

 


 
 
The bazaar was soon over and the classes started cleaning up their stuff preparing to go home. As the treasurer, Ahra had to stay behind to do all the accounting for what they earned that day. There were a few students left in the class packing their bags. Sora had left earlier as SoHyuk and her mom visited them.
Suddenly one of the student, Ahreum came to her desk. "Ahra, can you help me to return the oven we borrowed back to the store room? We promised the Home Art Club that we'll return it back after the event. I need to hurry because my mom is waiting for me outside.."
Ahra agreed to help before putting her pen down and storing the money in the money box and locked it. She staggered towards the store room with the oven box in her hands. It was a room located in the right wing of the school building where the music room, librabry and art room was located at. The box wasn't too heavy but it was big and covered her vision. Ahra needed to keep leaning her head to the side just incase she bumped into someone or something. After a few minutes of walking she stoped in front of the door at the end of the coridor of the third floor and pushed the handle down with one hand. The door creaked as she stepped in and she put down the large box at the corner of the room together with a few other cooking utensils owned by the Home Art Club. Suddely the door behind her slammed shut.
 
"CLICK!" 
 
"Who's there?!" Ahra hurried towards the door and turned the handle, trying to pull the door open. But it didn't budge. She heard the sound of running feet along the corridor. 
"Anyone outside?!! This is not funny! Open the door!!" she banged her hands on the door but there was no reply. Ahra turned her body around, her back on the door and sat down. The room only had the one door and no other access from inside except a small window which was small enough just to let some light through.
 
Meanwhile Yumi and Suyeon returned back to class and high-fived each other. Misun was sitting with her feet crossed and her arms folded. There was a smile full of victory painted on her face.
"Mission success captain!" Suyeon salluted her as they giggled together.
Misun said no words and took the bag laying on the table.
 
               .................................
 
As his phone vibrated Kai took it out from his pocket and slide to unlock it. He checked the inbox on his phone and opened the new message.
"Sorry I left first. I'm going somewhere because I have something important to do so I'll be a little late." 
"Okay then~ see you.." he texted back and packed his belongings into his bag. 
He went to Sehun's class and saw him standing by the front door.
"Ahra said she has to leave first.. Let's go.." Kai told him. The three walked toward the stairs. As they passed the 1C class Sehun stopped in front of the door and peeked in. The class was empty with all the chairs pushed in neatly.
"What are you doing? Let's go!" Tao shouted as he told Sehun to hurry down the stairs.
 
               ....................................
 
Ahra sat on the ground and folded her feet. Her hands wrapped around her knees as she stared around the room. There were some old tables stacked on top of each other in two rows and some old chairs. This is where all of the old and broken school properties are stored like an old dusty fan and a few blackboards on the ground that are no longer used since they swapped to white boards and markers. Just if she have her phone with her at that moment she would have called Sora or one of the boys to help but she didn't. By six the guards will turn off the power and the whole school building will be dark except for a few lights in the corridor. Ahra can only cross her fingers and hope when they're going home they will realize she's missing in class and search around the school for area. She sat there for another hour waiting for them but the corridor was just empty. 
"They must've left.." she thought to herself.
The classes were located in the left wing and this part of the building is rarely visited unless for CCA and club activities during school period. Suddenly everything became pitch dark, the power was turned off. Ahra felt she could hear her own heartbeat speeding up and her body became tense. Her hands felt in the darkness and she slowly crept away to a corner.
 
"Someone please help me..." She whispered hot tears flowing down her cheeks.
 
               ...................................
 
Dinner time was over but Aha hadn't return. Sehun walked back and forth in the living room holding his phone. He was thorn between calling her to make sure she was okay or to do nothing to not disturb her.
"Sehuna, what are you doing? You're making me dizzy walking around and around like that." Xiumin who had been following his movements touched his forehead.
Just then Kai appeared as he was about to return back to his room. Sehun ran to him an grabbed his arm, holding him back. 
"When Ahra messaged you did she say where she was going to?" he asked.
Kai thought for a few seconds and shook his head, "No she didn't. She only said she'll leave first because she needed to do something important. Why are you so worried? She already said she'll return late." 
Sehun let go of his hold and returned to the living room sitting beside Xiumin and Lay who was watching a tv programme.
"So it was Ahra that made you walk around looking retarded like that." Xiumin put his arm around Sehun's neck. 
"If she already said she'll return late, I guess you don't need to worry about her. Don't you have anything else to do?" Chen sat beside Lay on the carpet.
Sehun stayed quiet and rejected the potato chips Lay offered to him. He couldn't concentrate on the tv programme so he decided to return back to his room. 
He found Baekhyun and Luhan beside each other on the bed playing with their   psp. 
"Sehun come here this is so fun!!" Baekhyun couldn't take his eyes off the screen as Luhan patted the side beside him. Sehun ignored them and threw himself on his own bed. He finally decided to send her a text message.
"You missed dinner. When are you coming back?"
He waited, checking his phone every few minutes but there was no reply. An hour passed and the time showed nine at night. Sehun rose up from his bed as the group was going to leave. He went to Kai's room and found him playing with the laptop on his lap.
"Has Ahra return?" he took off one of his headset.
Sehun shook his head, "I texted her too but there's nothing. Don't you think it's time to check it out?" 
Kai looked back at his friend, "I think so.. This is already past her working hour too.. Do you think I should go ask the others first?" Sehun went with him to the balcony where Kris and Suho was sitting.
"Ahra hadn't return home and there is no response when I texted her. Do you think Kai can check it out? Just to make sure she's alright." Sehun stood in front of Kris.
"But it's almost time..." Kris replied.
"I'll make it quick don't worry.. Just to check her out and make sure she's alright." Kai assured him.
Kris stood, "We can't risk it Kai.. How if  you can't make it on time? It's going to be a big trouble.." 
"But what if she really is in trouble?Sehun took another step forward. Kris looked at him in the eye, "Fine.. Make sure you're not late and meet us directly there."
 
                ...............................
 
Ahra had been exhausted crying. Her body was trembling. She couldn't see clearly because there was no light except for the dim moon light that crept in through the small window. She felt cold and had been shivering for the past half an hour or so. 
"I thought they'll come and search for me.. " she thought as she burried her face in her palms. She was becoming used to the darkness but it didn't help take away her fear. She felt she could hear cocroaches creeping in a corner and  the total darkness made the hair on her body stood up. Adrenaline was pumping in her blood and her heartbeat would speed up again if she hear even the slightest noise. Ahra closed her eyes tight trying to avoid thingking of weird and scary things.
"Ahra?"
There was someone calling her name. Ahra shut her eyes even thighter as she  squezeed herself further back into the corner. Who was it talking? Was she hearing herself? Was it real? Who just called her name?
She closed her ears with her hands as she started to tremble again. If a ghost appear in front of her ,she will really pass out on the spot. There is no place to escape to as she was trapped inside the room with the doors locked and no one within a distance of fifty metres from her.
"Ahra? Where are you?" Ahra opened her eyes and tried to look in the darkness as she heard unsure foot steps coming from behind the rows of tables. There was someone else inside the locked room with her and she knew his voice.
"Kai?!!" she stood up.
As light from outside shone in and lighten his face, Ahra was able to see him.
"Ahra?!! " he walked towards her and put his hands on her shoulder. He felt her body trembled and he hold her hands to comfort her.
"I thought I wouldn't be able to see you until tomorrow atleast." she wiped the tear in her eyes.
"What are you doing here? In this kind of place?" he looked around the room.
"I thought you said you were going somewhere."
"When did I ever tell you that?" she looked back at him.
"In the text you sent me earlier this evening.You said...." Kai paused.
"I was returning the oven back then someone locked the door from outside.." she explained.
"Misun...." Kai whispered in a low tone.
"When is she ever going to stop doing this to you?" he clenced his fist hard. 
"Do you think I should break the door so we can go out?" he asked her.
"What? Break the door? We can't do that.." she was shocked at what he said.
"But... How did you get in? You didn't come in through the door did you?" 
Kai froze. He hadn't thought she'll be in a place like that and had never expected her question.
He looked at the watch on his hand, ten minutes to ten.
"Oh ! Let me call Kris for a while." he picked up his phone and dialled his number.
"Hyung, I found her but I don't think I'll be able to make it on time.."
There was silence on the other end of the phone.
A crazy idea entered his mind, "Hyung... Do you think I should do it?"  
There was no reply from Kris.
"Can't you leave her? We can't possibly go there now."
"I can't. I should do it.." Kai said.
There was along silence from the other end of the phone.
"Okay.." and Kai hung up.
 
"Kai, what is wrong? You didn't answer my question yet. How can you possibly come here if the only entrance is this door and it's still locked till now?" she demanded an explanation.
Kai insinuatingly placed his hands on her shoulders. " There is something that I must tell you" he paused, "But promise me you won't freak out.." 
"What is going on? I'm already freaking out now seriously.." she stared back at him.
Kai took a deep breath, "There is something that we had wanted to tell you.. We were waiting for the right timing but I guess I alone will have to explain to you now.." he paused, 
" Ahra, we are not fully normal men like who you think we are. We might seem like so but only a part of us is..."
Ahra shook her head, "Kai please don't confuse me like this.. If you all are not human what are you? You all seems perfectly normal to in my eyes.." 
"We are not who we really are from the outside Ahra. We are not normal like you or anyone else.. You promise me you won't freak out?" he assured her once again. The last thing he wanted was to make her cry or got scared. He took a last look on his watch..
Nine fifty nine......
Ahra took a deep breath and nodded her head. He let go and took a few steps backward..
 
"You'll see . . ."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: i lost the internet connection for the past two days ㅠㅠ thank you for those who are still reading and without realizing we're now on the tenth chapter!!! O.O!!!!! The story still has a long way to go and I hope you guys aren't bored yet kkk EXO is going to walk down the blue carpet today (in korean time) but I'm not sure what event lol sharing a bit of my exo feels.....
OhmyGod what did they do to Sehun's hair on G6 today TTTTT TTTTT i was just speechless ......... i'm still speechless
.
.
.
.
Anyway~ not going to drag you down with me further kk happy reading guys!!!!! XOXO !!!!! Almost three in the morningT.T 안녕~