Revealed

The Wolf Curse

 


 
 
Kai took a few step backwards and Ahra started to lose sight of him as he disappeared in the darkness. He didn't took his eyes off her as the countdown began. 
The clock struck ten at night.
 
"It is time.."
 
Ahra couldn't see anything happening apart from his sight fading in her eyes then it was complete darkness. There was silence and everything was still.
"Kai.... What is going on?" she stepped forward.
Suddenly two pairs of blue green eyes appeared in the dark. The two clear water blue eyes that she had seen months ago. Ahra stopped moving and her feet froze on the spot. The pair of eyes started moving closer and closer to her but she couldn't hear the sound of shoes tapping against the floor as the mezmerizing eyes moved towards her. There was a tapping sound but it was nothing like she've heard before. They were soft and calm she could hardly hear it. They were unsure little steps on the cold ceramic floor that she was stepping on and Ahra felt as if a ghust of wind blew the behind of her neck sending chills running in her veins.
The figure emerged from the shadow and stood still under the light that entered through the small window on the wall.
 
Ahra gasped and quickly covered with both of her hands to prevent any sound coming out of it. She wanted to scream but felt like was drying up and she felt like she lost her tongue. Her feet were shaking and she managed to take a small step back before she felt her legs weaken and she sank down on the floor.  All this time she couldn't even blink and eventhough was open she didn't manage to even say a word. The creature decided to take a few steps forward towards her and as he did she crept backwards until her back hit the locked door behind her. He stopped a few metres away from her to give her some space. Ahra still couldn't breathe and she just couldn't believe her eyes. She was together in the room with Kai. But not Kai that she saw everyday and rode the bus to school with or talk to or share the house with.
 
"You're a wolf..."
 
She managed to let the words slip out of . There was no reply but Ahra  could feel him talking back at her with his eyes. He didn't took his sight off her. Her fingers were trembling and she grabbed the end of her skirt to try and calm herself down. Ahra took a deep breath in. It was too much for her to handle all at once. The guys she had been living with for the past few months were not guys, they were wolves. And now she is stuck inside a locked room in the school with one of them. She didn't quite know how to reach or decide on what else to say. 
 
He took a few gentle steps forward before pausing to check her reaction. She wasn't trying to run away or look more threatened so he continued at a slow pace before he was only a metre away from her. Ahra timidly raise her hand and approached him forward. Her hand were still shaking madly like never before but she didn't pull them back. As her palm was only a few inches away from his snout she could feel the heat from his body that warmed her freezing hand. Ahra closed her eyes and pushed her hand forward. His fur was soft and silky as they pressed against her skin. She could feel the heat more now than before and she opened her eyes as he was rubbing his head affectionately on her hand.
 
"It's really you..."
 
He looked back at her as the frowns on her forehead started to disappear and he felt her hands on his wet nose started to relax. Ahra decided to make a step forward and after looking at him in the eyes touched his thick brown coat. Her fingers sank in this thick coat and she felt the delicate fur brushing against her skin. She withdrew her hand and looked at him as he stood strong and unmoved, staring back into her eyes. He then lowered his two front paws and then the rest of his body before placing his head on the floor close to her feet and his paw with his tongue. Ahra once again wrapped her arms around herself and closed her eyes, trying to digest all that just happened in front of her.
 
            ....................................
 
"CLICK!"
 
She raised her head as the door to the room was pushed open from outside. It was still dark outside and her watch showed twelve thirty five in the morning but her watch seemed like it wasn't working as the hands weren't moving at all. She saw Kai who sat across the room looking at her. He wasn't the hairy and beastly looking Kai anymore, he was just Kai. Luhan broke into the room followed by Sehun, Kris, Baekhyun and the rest of the group. Ahra looked at each of their faces but it wasn't like how she used to see them anymore. None of them said a word. Their mouths seemed shut and they could only interchange gazes at one another. Kai stood up and walked up to her ,offering his hand to help her up but Ahra stood up from her seat by herself, turning the offer down. 
"We need to hurry, this won't last very long.." Tao said as Kris nodded his head in agreement and stepped out followed by the others. Their foot steps echoed in the corridor as they stepped down the stairs to the second floor.
"Wait.." Ahra stopped the them. They paused and the twelve pair of eyes looked at her,  "I need to take my bag."
Luhan signalled the others to go down as he headed towards the left wing on the second floor led by Ahra. 
They stopped by the front door and Ahra tried to turn the handle while pushing it open but it was locked.
"Wait..." Luhan pulled her back and direct his hand forward. He swiftly moved his fingers and suddenly the door was unlocked and it opened by itself. Ahra stood in her position, stupefied and didn't dare to enter but his smile encouraged her to do so. She walked to her table and managed to find her bag inside her locker together with the money box. Soon they joined the others on the first floor.
 
"It's weird.." Ahra thought to herself. Everything was still. And when she said still, this means absolutely no movements at all. The cold autumn wind didn't blew like normal, the trees weren't swaying in the wind and everything seemed like it stopped. Ahra felt herself walking in a two dimensional world like in story books.  The others seemed like they didn't really notice anything as they stepped out of the open school gate. Ahra glanced at the postguards stations and gasped as she saw the school guard frozen like a statue on his chair. She turned around to see the boys but they were still calm and Chanyeol quickly locked back the gate behind them. Time still showed twelve thirty five. 
"What is this? Why does the time stopped moving?" she started asking herself as she followed the others back. They were around a few metres away from the school when suddenly everything returned back to normal. Ahra could feel the wind brushing against her skin and a few cars or motorcycle scarcely passing on the road. She slowed down her speed and walked a bit behind everyone else. 
" Don't tell me they can control time too. How am I going to look at them now? They are not only werewolves, they've also got superpowers?" Ahra thought to herself as she tucked her freezing hands into her school blazer. Kai who was walking in the last row together with Tao and D.O looked back at her. He decided to slow down and stopped at her speed as he walked beside her.
"Did you freak out?" he asked.
Ahra bit her bottom lip, "Kind of."
Her short answer made him scratch his head not knowing what else to say.
Lucky enough they soon reached their home. Ahra said nothing and climbed the stairs back to her room. She has got lots of things to think about and she need time for herself.
"How did it went?" Suho put his hand on Kai's shoulder who couldn't took his eyes off her until her bedroom door was shut closed.
"I don't know," he sighed and scratched his head, "She was surprised but I think she wasn't as scared or startled as we predicted her to be.. Let's just see..." 
They couldn't really figure out how she felt from her unscrutable look. They knew she'll need some time for herself to think about everything and calm herself down. Imagine finding out you've been living with twelve super powered werewolves under one roof for the past few months inside a locked room in your school at night. Some of them decided to went to sleep but Sehun felt uneasy as he had been turning around on his bed for the past hour and couldn't get a bit of rest. He decided to walk out of his room and watch tv but his feet stopped in front of her bedroom door. He moved closer and touched the knob but quickly withdrew his hand. Sehun couldn't find confidence in himself to just knock and ask her whether she's okay. His mind told his to just leave her alone but his heart wouldn't let his feet budge even an inch away.
Suddenly the door was opened wide and her sight appeared in front of his eyes. Both of them didn't expect seeing ecah other and were astounded. Sehun felt his face turning red of embarrassement as she looked back at him standing awkwardly in front of her door.
" You're still awake?" he asked awkwardly.
Ahra wasn't sure what to say but nodded her head, "I'm just going to take water downstairs." She saw how nervous he looked so she decided not to question him on what he was doing in front of her door at that time of the night. 
"Do you want tea?" she asked.
He nodded his head ,relieved she didn't ask him what he was up to in front of her room.
Ahra boiled hot water in a kettle and spoon some dried processed tea leaves and sugar into two empy mugs she took from the cupboard. Soon the fragrance of breweed jasmine tea filled the kitchen and she took them out on a tray to the balcony. Sehun followed her obidiently like a dog following his master and sat himself down beside her on the long bench. He took one of the mug by the handle carefully blowing the tea to cool it down.
 
Ahra decided to take the initiative to start the conversation, "So is that why every night you all will leave the house?"
"Yes, we wouldn't want to transform inside the house and give you a heart attack." he tapped his index finger on the mug handle.
"But I don't understand why you all have to change to wolves every single night, can  you not transform?" she asked again.
"It's a long story. If I can, I will choose not to.. It's kind of tiring." he put the mug down on the table. 
Ahra remained quiet before saying, "Can't you tell me what happened??"
Sehun lifted his head and looked back at her, "Are you sure you want to hear it now? Wasn't what happened today too much to absorb already? I can always tell you tomorrow.." 
Ahra shook her head, "I have to know or else I wouldn't be able to sleep."
 
Sehun took a deep breath after seeing the burning curiousity in her eyes.
"You asked me why we always change to wolves every night." he paused. " It's a curse that had passed down in my family for the past a hundred years." he paused again.
"We had it in our blood even on the first day we were born and even when we were still in our mothers' wombs. We thought we would have to just deal with it for the rest of our lifes but then we learn to know that there is a way to break the curse. And the only clue given was you, Ahra.. They said you are the key to break the curse and stop all this. We were clueless and we don't know what to do but we knew to solve this problem, we will have to be as close with you as possible.."
"So, you all and I sharing the house together was never a coincidence? It was all planned?" Ahra couldn't believe her own eyes as Sehun nodded his head, "Yes. Did you remember that first night when you met me and Kai? We didn't happen to pass by, we were told to watch over you and we weren't allowed to show ourselves to you but we had to." he added. The memory returned as she started recalling and picturing what happened on their first encounter.
 
"But Sehun, I can't help you all. I know nothing about the curse. This is the first time I heard about it. It can't possibly be me.." she stammered looking at him.
Sehun turned his body to face her, "No Ahra. It is you and not anyone else. Did you remember when we went to visit your uncle a few weeks ago? He gave us a clue to help us. It was a piece of paper with symbols on it but none of us can read it. The only person who learnt about these symbols is your mother and she taught you about it.."
Ahra stood up from her seat, her gaze wandered into the empty air, "She did? I don't remember anything.."
Sehun stood beside her, "But you can try to remember them Ahra and we'll help you." 
"No Sehun, no matter how much I want to help you all,  I don't think I can remember anything related to my mother, I just can't.." she started loosing control of her speech. Thinking about anything related to her mother or the car accident that killed her always made Ahra nervous and worried. She felt cold sweat forming on her forehead and on the surface of her palms. Suddenly Sehun took her hand, "Ahra, remember what you told me that day? You're just not brave enough to start. You are the only one in power and you can only do this if you trust yourself. You have us now, I won't let you go through all this alone.."
She took a deep breath and look at him. She had never seen Sehun who looked tough and strong in the outside look so soft and kind like that before. She knew that she's their only hope and they had sacrifised alot of things- Ahra knew she can't let them down.
 
" I'll try my best ..." she gave him a smile although her heart was still unsure and she was still doubting her ability to face her biggest fear.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: New chapter updated!!!!!! The internet connection was off for around three days so sorry to keep you waiting. T T happy reading^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^