Remembered

The Wolf Curse

 

 

 
 
Life had been going pretty well for the time being. Because the boys were there with her, there was more time she can save on doing household chores like tidying up or cooking food and allocate her time more to studying and working. It wasn't easy though to concentrate on work as her mind always wander about on what the boys were doing while she was away and what she should do with the chippers once she return. Her days were never boring either. There were always new things that she learn about them, like discovering small pieces of puzzles and slowly putting them together, forming a whole complete picture. Day by day, she grew fonder of them and the more they grew to love her. Her bright smile was infectious, lighting up the house once she return. Sometimes they would fight, taking turn to pick her up from work and accompany her grocery shopping in the nearby market. Looking back a few months ago, it was still hard to believe how her life changed to much in such a short period of time. Everything seems as if it was going well- too well.
 
It was on her third visit to the house that something happened. It was Kai that accompanied her that time and it was a chilly afternoon of a Friday, after the two were dismissed early from school due to the sudden emergency meeting among the teachers and the school's Board of Directors. 
 
She walked with a new spark of hope that she got from her last visit. It was a brand new day and she wanted desperately to go home with a smile and another good news to tell the boys. The lady greeted them as usual, this time excusing herself to the kitchen to prepare lunch for her children. She kept him by her side, thinking that the method will work just like it it did when she was with Sehun last time. But the result was the same just like during her first arrival- nothing. It was a barren visit. She was brooding over the fact that she would have to go home empty handed again. The lady assured her to try again next time, that probably she wasn't feeling well or tried to hard to remember.
 
Suddenly the front door of the house burst open as a seven year old girl ran in, with a red bagpack on her back and a bright smile plastered on her face.
"Mommy!!! I'm home!!!!!" she hurried in and was immediately wrapped in the warm embrace of her mother.
" Our Eunji is home! How's school today?" the mother ask.
"I got good marks today for my spelling test Mommy!! See this.." she took out a small blue notebook from her bag, jubilantly flipping the pages, eagerly showing it to her mother.
"Good job honey, almost perfect score! If you continue to do well, Daddy and I will get you a nice present for Christmas.." 
 
Instantly, Ahra felt pain coming from the back of her head, as if someone just stabbed the spot with a knife. A frown creased her forehead and her head started spinning, a wince of pain formed on her face- she was lost for word. Paralyzed with the terrible pain, she could not command her body to stay upright and toppled backward lossing her balance. Lucky enough, Kai's fast reflex was to hold her arm and supported her before she collapsed backward. Her head angled down to the floor, she couldn't hear as he shouted in her ears, calling her name ,his hands shaking her. No, she wasn't unconcious- it was a mute blackout in her head. As if she was standing there in the room, a film started playing in her head.
 
...................
 
 
A woman stepped towards the door and at the sight of the small girl on the screen, she excitedly pulled it open and enveloped the little girl in her warm hug as she swooped her up, bringing her inside.
" Did uncle left after he dropped you off?" she asked and put her back down after saturating her with hugs and kisses.
The small girl nodded her head, "Yes, he said he has to go back to work." 
"Uncle is very busy." she added as her mom her soft cheeks with her warm hands.
" I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up myself.. There was something I needed to do today.." The woman squatted down, until her eye level met the little girl's.
She shook her head, "It's okay Mommy.. You must've been busy like uncle.." 
It was an understanding grin formed on her chubby face that warmed her heart even more.
"Thank you, for understanding me.. Here, I have something for you.. " she took her hand from inside her dress pocket and hold a small medallion in front of her face. She put it on around her neck and pecked her softly on the cheek.
"Happy birthday Ahra~ Sorry I wasn't home early for your birthday yesterday...  Mommy loves you.." she pulled the tiny figure closer to her.
The small arms encircled itself around her slender neck as the little girl give her mother a kiss back, thanking her for her gift. 
 
"I love you too Mommy~"
 
.....
 
 
"Ahra!!! Are you alright?!" a strong shook from Kai woke her up completely.
Once she opened her eyes what she immediately saw were  his two worried brown eyes, staring back at her as he cupped her face with his warm hand. A haze of confusion surrounded her and she touched the back of her head which was still making her head spin.
"Are you alright?!!" he asked again, panick engulfing him as she only stared blankly back at him.
She nodded her head slightly.
"K- Kai.. I think I just met her....."
 
Her words confused him. His immediate response was to hold her shoulders, "Ahra, are you really alright?" he asked again to assure himself.
"I saw her Kai... I saw my mom.." she stammered, tears welling up in her eyes.
"I saw her......."
He immediately got what she meant and pulled her closer to him. She was on the brink of tears and he tried to calm her down. She was loss for words at the moment so he excused themselves from the lady, apologizing that they troubled her and brought her back home.
 
Everyone was shocked to see the lost look in her face, her lips pale and her eyes blank when the two returned  but they said nothing as Kai gave them a meaningful look and signalled them to give her some space. He brought her to her room before returning with a glass of water for her.
She hadn't said a single word and had contemplative look in her eyes so he decided to creep out quietly, leaving her alone, giving her some personal space to think- he knew she needed it.
 
Once he went down the stairs, everyone immediately started attacking him with worried questions.
"Did something went wrong?" Luhan asked.
"Why was she like that?!!" Tao shook his shoulders, the sight of her eerie eyes still stuck in his head, terrifying him.
Kai scratched his head, "She said she saw her mother.."
There was silence.
"What did you mean Kai?" Kris stood from his seat. It was confusing for everyone and they were demanding a complete explanation from him.
"I think she had a vision of her mother.." he paused, "I didn't asked her anything yet, let her rest for a while." And they agreed that it was best to do so, to give her some time for herself.
 
That night, Kris went to see her in her room, Luhan following him with Suho walking in front of him. She was still in bed, though her face had brightened up a bit, it was still pale and she still looked weak.
Luhan smiled at her and sat beside her on her bed, handing her a glass of warm tea to drink. "Feeling better?" he asked. 
She nodded her head letargically, the terrible pain coming back once in a while. She knew they were there to find about about what she saw and she was more than really to tell them about what happened.
 
"I saw my mother.." she began. "It was a very short encounter but I saw her." Her voice trembled less and her eyes were clearer than before.
"She greeted me when I returned from school and gave me this.." she wrapped her hand around the medallion around her neck. It wasn't a fancy jewellry, it was a a round,bronze thing, the size of a thumb, with a scultured letter 'H' on it. She wasn't sure what the letter 'H' stands for - surely not the initial of her name nor her mother's. Ahra had found it lying  in an old box she found in her new room when she moved to her uncle's house, together with all her clothes and toys and had worn it ever since.
Luhan's warm hand patted her head, ruffling her hair a bit, a calming smile on his face as always, "That's a good sign, you're doing well. You shouldn't force yourself though, we wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you." 
"Rest well Ahra.. Your health and safety is our main priority." Suho added.
The three people left the room, Kris not saying a word like usual but stopped in front of her door to turn off the bedroom light for her.
 
Ahra curled on her bed, closing her eyes tightly as she cuddled her pillow under her warm blanket. Faintly she could hear foot steps coming down the stairs and noises from the living room. 
 
"I don't care about this pain... I would go through this a thousand times to see her again..." she mumbled and shut herself down.
 
............................................................
 
 
"Hyung, I'm scared.." Tao wrapped his arms around himself as he crept next to Baekhyun on the sofa. The sight of the merry and cheerful girl he knew wasn't there when Ahra returned and was instead replaced with a horror and paralyzed look on her face. It was still vivid in his mind- her tiny pale lips and cold face and it scared him terribly.
"She just remembered something about her mother, don't be scared Tao. She's alright now.." Luhan put his arm around the poor guy and patted his shoulder.
 
"B-But, is this going to happen again if she remember something? She looked terribly in pain to me.." he murmured, trying to reject the horrible thought of seeing her in such a state again- he hated it when she look so sick and just so different from the person he used to see.
 
Silence filled the room, each and everyone of them thinking of exactly the same thing. There is no denying that the possibility is there, the possibility that she'll have to suffer again when she recalled another memory of her mom.
Sehun who kept himself isolated, sitting on one of the stair steps bite his bottom lip. It was hard for everyone to see the girl that they adore and love has to go through so much pain to help them attain a normal human life.
 
"Can she handle this? This is really just the beginning..." he murmured and climbed up the stairs back to his room.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: A pretty short chapter right compared to the previous ones?
I was just worried you all will dooze off while reading my long chapters lol jkjkjk
I'm not sure how amnesiacs feel when they're trying to recall their memories but I know it's not easy to do.. I started with a very faint and simple plan on how the story will go and how it will end; i got lost and confused after the first few chapter, managed to find a way out, got confused again but now I'm starting to get the hang of  this. 
I hope I didn't let you all down by posting craps and I hope you guys are still excited for more!! ^.^