Reconciliation

The Wolf Curse

 


 
 
 
When she was awake Ahra found herself on her own bed, in her own room not in the place Misun left her in. Her head was spinning and she tried to sit on her bed. She tried recalling what had happened with her and she remembered being in the horrible place and Kai suddenly appearing there to help her. Ahra folded her legs under the blanket and rested her head on the wall. She felt exhausted and drained for no reason.
Suddenly Kai appeared behind the door carrying a glass in his hands. He was surprised to see her awake and smiled at her. "You okay? Why are you awake at this kind of time?" he sat on the bed beside her and she instinctively moved away from him. Kai froze on his seat but he understand her action.
"You haven't eaten anything since the afternoon. You want me to ask D.O to cook you something?" He handed her the glass of warm water he was holding but she showed no reaction. He slowly put the glass on the table beside the bed.
"Don't, you guys are leaving for your work soon." she spoke with her soft voice.
"I know you're trying to keep a distance away from us. I'm sorry that I changed in the past two days. I just had a lot of things in mind. Sorry." His fingers grabbed the edge of the blanket as he wouldn't dare touching her hands. "I don't want the gap between us to get bigger and bigger. I realized I became a little weird and quiet after the trip but it wasn't because you did anything wrong." 
Ahra who had kept her stare fixed on the teddy bear she was holding couldn't bear but look at him. His voice was fainting and she just couldn't bare to hear him speak in such a tone.
" You're a human too. I understand why you changed. It was me who kept on butting into your business and bothered you all, I must've crossed the line." she paused. "I think it's best for me to stay away and give you privacy." she played with the paws of the bear not daring to look at him in the eyes.
"Ahra, I know you did it because you care. Don't close yourself up, I like it when someone care for me.. Don't misunderstand." he smiled and saw her slowly looking him in the eye. His hand moved up the blanket and touched hers.
"From now on we'll always protect you. We'll always be there when you need help, I'll always be there for you." he squeezed her soft hand as she gave him a thankful smile. 
"Thanks Kai. I also want to thank you for your help today. You've save me twice. But how did you find out where I was?" she asked.
He smirked and whispered in a low tone, "I put a detector on you when you sleep so I can always track out where you are." he smirked as Ahra laughed at his joke.
 
              .....................................
 
Two weeks passed as everything returned back to normal. It was the first Monday after the incident that the three guys decided to teach the three girls a lesson. 
Kai was the first to stop them as they were going to go for their PE lesson. Misun who couldn't notice the storm-signals started flirting with him again like usual.
"Oww hey Oppa! You look so handsome like always. It's not often that you talk to me.. Are you going to take me out somewhere?" she stepped closer to him but Kai took a step backward and cringed.
"What? Asking you on a date? I'm here to warn you. You dare mess up with her again like yesterday I'm really going to teach you a lesson." His curt words seemed to have an impact on her. She was frozen on the spot and then she saw Sehun and Tao coming towards her. 
" We are going to teach you a lesson to be more exact. Now give us back her bag and phone." Sehun crossed his arms on his chest.
Misun and her friends couldn't run away or escape as the three tall bigger boys were surrounding them. It was Suyeon who decided to speak after Misun elbowed her hard, "B..But we threw it away.." she stammered.
"You threw it away? Where?" Kai demanded.
"Ourside the building we left her in." Yumi said.
Kai blew a strand of hair on his forehead with his mouth, pissed. "How if I make you three search around in the garbage bins until you return it to her?" 
"What? We can't possibly find it. It happened three days ago. They must've thrown it away." Misun stomped her foot on the ground.
"You shouldn't have messed up since the start. You have to return them to her by tomorrow, dried clean also. Meanwhile, I'll take these as a collateral until you return her bags and all the things inside in the exact condition as when you took it." he snatched the phone in her hand.
"What?! She was the one who left it in my car!! My phone is ten times as expensive as her junk!! Give it back!!!" Misun shrieked as she tried to take her phone back but this guy was over 180cm tall and he lifted his hand high.
"Don't worry I won't do anything to your phone as long as you are able to return her back her 'junk' by tomorrow." he put the phone in his pocket and walked away. Misun stamped her feet. She was very pissed and nothing can calm her down, "I'll get her back!"
 
Ahra managed to get her bag and belongings back the next day eventhough her bag was a bit thorn and smelled bad. Kai had refused to give back the phone but Ahra had forced him. She disn't want to risk anything. Ahra knew Misun won't stay still and will do anything for revenge. But she didn't want to bother about it now. The school bazaar will be held that Friday. Her class had been preparing hard for 'Autumn Food Sale'. They made colorful posters and decorations for their class' stand in the basketball field with a few other booths from different classes. There will be games booths and some class even made a cafe and movie theatre.
 
The long awaited day came where students from each class started preparing their own booths at ten. The school bazaar will be opened at one and will last until five in the evening. As it was an event open for public, the rest of the boy had promised her they'll come to visit. Ahra could imagine the crowd they're going to attract once they step into the school. Ahra started helping the other girls set the food and posters up. There were caramel apples, chicken pies, fruit crepes and berry crumble slices. As these are light snacks that people can eat without knife and spoons her class had come up with the idea of selling their food aroud the bazaar area instead of only selling in one location. This can help expose them to more people and can lead to higher opportunity for more sales and profit. They will be selling them in groups of three; one carrying the money box, one carrying the container and the last will help serve. Their class mentor thought it was a very good idea as they will position themselves in different locations in the school. Other classes were also busy setting their booths, setting up the games, writing the rules on small black boards and aranging the prizes. Ahra could see Sehun helping his class set up their own booth across hers. He noticed her as she smiled at him before continuing to help the others. Kai and Tao's class had decide to set a movie theatre in the hall so they were not seen in the field area. Soon the event started  with the principal cutting off the red ribbon set from one end of the front gate to the other  and people started streaming in. Each classes were soon busy with their own work, promoting their goods and serving the customers. There was a class playing live music on the stage set up under the basketball ring. Not only there were teenage girls and boys, there were also younger students and even some parents.
 
Suddenly there were screams of girls as teenage students started running towards the gate. Ahra was too busy that she didn't notice the boys coming in. 
"Ahra!!!" Chanyeol waved at her. Hearing her name called, she looked up from her work and a smile formed on her face. The group walled towards er booth with the groups of girls still crowding them.
"So what are you selling today Little Miss?" Luhan put his hand on the counter.
"As you can see here, we sell some autumn snacks that you can choose from. Autumn is all about the fresh fruits and good harvest so we have some berry crumbles , fruit crepes and caramel apples. If you want something more fulfilling we also have home-made chicken pies in the oven that will only take a few minutes to heat. So, what's your order??"
"Wew~ You're as good as the workers in the department stores. I see you got some talent there." Chen joked as the others laughed.
"We'll get three for each.." Luhan put his hands in his pocket taking out his wallet. "So how much do I owe you young miss??"
Ahra chuckled as she helped Sora did her calculation. "It's 35 000won." Sora gave him the receipt. Luhan took out two 20 000 won bills from his wallet and Ahra quickly return his change. They decided to look around while eating their snacks.
 
News of the group of handsome boys spread amongst the visitors and this invited more teenage girls coming to see the bazaar while checking out the boys. But the words spread even faster amongst the school students including Misun and her gang who doesn't want to be left out. They hurried and made their way through the crowd. 
"Oh my God....... Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she freaked out.
"That guy in black is even hotter and cooler than Kai !!!!" her finger pointed at Kris who seemed uneasy being watched like antique, rare animals in the zoo. She ran back to the toilet followed by Yumi and Suyeon before starting to fix their hair and reapply their makeup, dusting their skirts and spraying perfume. 
"If I knew someone that gorgeous is coming I wouldn't dirty my hands to help with the sale." she powdered her face. They met Kai on the way out who received the text message from D.O. Misun who'll normally jump at him and flirt with him threw her face away when he saw her. Kai took no notice and walked past them.
"He'll be regretting his actions when he see me walk with that handsome guys later. That's what he'll get being ignorant all this time." she told the other girls as they nodded their head in agreement.
 
Kris stood by the rubbish bin throwing away the wrappings and sticks from the caramel apples. He turned around and saw a red haired girl standing in front of him. She had red wavy hair and very short skirt which was way above her knees. "Hi~ I'm Misun." she put her hand forward. He looked at her hand then at her face.
"What?" he said with  the poker face look on his face. Misun raised her eyebrow confused, " My name is Misun. What's yours?"
He didn't move, "I don't think I have any business with you so there's no need for me to introduce myself." He was going to walk away but Misun hold his hand. Kris glared at her with his sharp eyes.
" I know but I just want to know your name. Are you here with your friends?" 
Kris pulled his hand away from her grip and stared at her, "Sorry but I don't have any interest in knowing who you are or making friends with you." 
Suddenly Kai appeared, "Hyung! You're here too? I thought you wouldn't come." he tapped him on the shoulder and spotted the three girls beside him. 
"Wait! You two know each other?" Misun stammered looking at how the two guys seemsed so close to one another.
"Why? He's my brother.." Kai smirked as he finally knew the reason why she had ignored him unlike usual.
"Ow, Hyung do you know who she is? She's the girl who poured juice on her head and dropped her off in the bar a few days ago." Kai pointed at her as Kris fixed an inscrutable look on her while he talked. Misun felt her cheeks burning and she left in shame followed by her two followers.
"I can't believe this!! They are all related to her? That poor filthy girl?!!" Misun touched her forehead in stress.
"Isn't it awesome Ahra got to be close to so many handsome guys?" Yumi hold her hands in front of her chest.
"Shut up!!! Don't mention that beggar's name in front of me!!! It makes me sick!!" she snapped while glaring at her friend.
"What are you gonna do with her now?" Suyeon sat beside Misun who felt like her head was about to explode. She remained still thinking hard and an idea instantly popped in her mind.
"She crossed the line and she don't know who she's messing with. I've got a plan."
 
Meanwhile Ahra was walking around the bazaar checking the other booths with Sora. Their shift at the booth was over. Although their class was  determined to work hard for the event, they also didn't want to miss out the fun and they worked  in shifts so they can still enjoy the school event. They were strolling in front of the booths when Ahra saw Sehun and Luhan walking in their direction.
"Finished your shift too?" she asked Sehun who only nodded his head.
Luhan put a thumb up, "Your food was great especially the crumbles but I didn't even get to taste the chicken pie because Tao finished everything up." He pouted in such a cute way Ahra couldn't help smilling at him. Suddenly Luhan pointed at a game booth, "That looks fun! Let's try it out!" They walked towards the game booth where there were small balloons pinned on the wall. 
"Try shooting the balloons and get the chance to win some of these couple stuff." The boy on the counter pointed to a row of prizes ranging from couple t-shirts to bracelets and mugs. Ahra bent down to look at the couple prizes and her eyes caught the sight of two teddy bear phone plugs in a box. She picked it up and positioned the two bears together until their paws formed a heartshape together.
 
"Sehun you play for Ahra and I'll play for Sora. Let's compete!!" Luhan challenged and paid for them without waiting for his reply. They each got three chances to shot using small pins with sharp arrow head at the end. Sehun tried his luck, carefully aiming for  a blue ballon in the centre. He tried to shot but missed on his first attempt.  He focussed hard, closing an eye and threw the second pin which hit the blue balloon. He tried again and managed to pop the second balloon using his last pin. Luhan seemed like a better player compared to him as he managed to pop all three ballons and win a pair of couple slippers.
"Is it okay?" Sora asked his carefully as he handed her one of the couple slippers.
Luhan laughed, "Why not? I'm still single~" he offered it again as he encoraged her to take it.
Sehun's two shots managaged to get them a couple phone casings. Ahra smiled but couldn't hide her disappoinment as she saw another couple who managed to pop only a balloon took the bear plugs. Sehun stayed quiet looking at her before taking the couple cassings and walking towards the couple.
"Hi, if you don't mind can we exchange this phone cassings to yours? We managed to pop two but we wanted the phone plugs you got.." 
The girl seemed to be awed by his smile and exchanged her prizes with his without any agreement from her boyfriend. "Thanks.." 
Sehun handed the female bear plug to Ahra, "I knew you wanted this.." he put it on her palm.
"Thank you~" Her finger rolled the teddy on her palm. He smiled as he saw her carefully playing with the teddy plug. Ahra was surprised when she saw his smile. She hardly ever saw him like that and when he does it is impossible to deny that he look handsome. And when he said 'we' she could feel herself turning pink. She glanced as he inserted the  male bear plug on his phone . Although they were cute, it can be shameful for a guy to use it and Sehun still exchanged his prize for her. Ahra carefully fixed the bear on her phone and smiled a satisfied smile. 
 
From the second floor of the school building, Misun looked down at them, 
"You can smile all you want for now and feel like you have won but that smile is going to fade away soon. This is not over yet."
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Got some problems with my internet connection yesterday so I couldn't post this chapter earlier -___-  I've wrote another two chapters and still rechecking on them^^ I wanted to post video links but I'm not sure whether you can just click it directly and open it..T T hope you guys enjoyed the story so far>_<ㅎㅎㅎ when there' different events going on, i'm not really sure on what to put as the title so..... (._.) sorry if you find it didn't match with the overall story..
I'm sorry but I think BTS is going to come a bit later in the story than I've expected sorry army!!! I just saw the 'tearing accident' on MuBank last week O.O blushes~>\\\< ~lol if you know what I mean