Tingling Feels

The Wolf Curse

 


 
 
That Saturday, Ahra decided to go visit the lady again at her house and this time she decided to take with her a different companion.
 
"I see you brought a new friend this time.."
The lady has opened the door after Ahra pressed her fingers lightly on the door bell. She looked at the tall brown haired guy from head to toe as Sehun uncomfortably stood infront of her. Ahra smiled and nodded her head. Her second visit and it was still nerve wrecking for her. The moment her foot stepped into the garden of her house, she could feel adrenaline pumping in her blood and butterflies flying in her stomach. She let them in comfortably as before and left them in the living room.
 
"You want me to accompany you look around or??" Sehun asked with his low voice, not sure on the right action to do. Ahra smiled looking at his awkward side that she found very cute and thought for a few seconds before signalling him to stand up and accompany her look around. Winter had come and the temperature had dropped even further, causing everyone to switch to thicker and warmer jackets and shawls. 
"Your house was pretty nice.." he spoke as he looked around.
"I'm not very sure how it looked like.. She said she redecorated this place and changed the furnitures when she moved in.." 
Sehun replied nothing beside nodding his head and and walked towards an antique china vase standing on a glass table. There were several of it in the house with different sizes, mostly securedly showcased in a clear glass cupboard. The vase had a painting of a dragon with shining scales coiled on the mouth of the vase and golden chinese caliagraphy on it. 
 
"I don't think my mom would've bought something like this." she touched it slightly.
Sehun looked at her, "Why??"
She shrugged, "I don't know.. I think she was just not interested in this kind of huge, fancy, fragile antiques," she paused. "But she might have own a few vases, normal pretty flower vases. Girls normally like flowers. I like flowers and probably my mom liked them too.. Just a guess~"
Just then the house owner passed , carrying a tray in her hands and putting two different china cups on the dining table.
"Thank you but you don't need to make us anything next time.." Ahra walked towards her.
"No problem. It's just tea. You two must've been freezing on the street when you were coming here." she continued as they sat on the dining table and drank the hot tea she made.
"When I walked in, I saw that there are a few plants growing in your garden. By any chance, was there a garden here in the start ?" Sehun carefully asked the woman.
"When we moved in, the garden was already there. Although there were wild plants everywhere but there were traces of flower beds around the place. There were some fences also and lots of dried rose bushes. I guess your mom used to garden alot. There were also a few black plastic pots and a leaking watering can I found in the warehouse."
Ahra didn't realize a beam was formed on her face as she heard her story. She turned her head around at Sehun, "I was right.." Her voice was soft, almost like a whisper but Sehun could sense a spark of hope in it. He gave her an encouraging smile and asked her, "You want to look around the garden? You said you like flowers.." He turned to the woman, "If you don't mind..." 
"Sure, go ahead but as you see there isn't much to see now in winter."
 
Soon the two were out, walking down the steps of the house. Sehun let her lead the way around, poking his head round and bending down to see some flower bed. There weren't very much to look at, the grass was browning and just like the house owner said, there were little blooms in early winter. They walked beside each other now, Sehun slowing down his pace to match her small steps. The wind blew, Ahra felt her long ponytail swaying in the breeze as she walked and tucked her hands deeper into the warm pockets of her jacket. They walked towards the swing and sat beside each other on the cold iron seat, rocking the swing back and forth. The two sat in total silence, the only sound audible was the sound of their heavy breathing, the creaking of the swing and the swooshing sound of the early winter wind.
 
"I'm glad you came.." Ahra spoke, looking at the building that stood in front of her. He was a bit taken aback by her words and didn't really knew what to say. She felt the sense of nervousness in his silence and chuckled. It felt like an achievement for her when she was able to made this dorky guy act like that eventhough she wasn't very sure why. But she wan't just playing around with the words she just said. 
 
His presence gave a different color of comfort compared to when she was with Baekhyun. Both accompanied her and both made her felt comfortable around them but only one was able to keep away the feeling of being alone in her. 
"Want to grab something for dinner?" he suddenly asked.
When he felt cornered or nervous, Sehun just shot out random sentences or statements which he normally regret after the first few seconds and he, himself find very embarassing- but not for Ahra. She gave him a bright smile just like always.
 
"Sure.. It's on me for tonight."
 
       .............................................................
 
 
He walked back and forth in his room, the four blue walls made him felt trapped, caged like an animal and added up to the bundle of chaotic thoughts in his mind. He thought it would be best to get himself some fresh air outside of the house so he went out. Sitting on the bench they normally sat on, he pulled his legs up and rested his chin on one of his knee.
 
"What is wrong with me?"
 
In the silence of the wintry evening, he fought with himself, his heart and mind wouldn't come to an agreement with each other. There was a worry inside him- a big worry about himself. He thought isolating himself would help him organize and clear his mind but the stupefying silence made him even more confused.
 
"Ahra!!! You're home!!!!" Tao ran down the stairs, almost galloping like an excited little ponny. 
He turned his head at the mention of her name but there was no joice in his eyes as he glared at the guy walking beside her. His presence out powered her return.
 
"Join us for dinner, it will be ready soon." D.O said as he spoon out the steaming rice into bowls.
Ahra put her bag down on a chair and shook her head, "I grabbed dinner with Sehun on our way home, I'm not very hungry. Do you need any help?" She rolled up her sleeves and washed her hands.
"Really? It's okay, everything is almost done. You can help call the boys now..." he answered as she helped him move the rice bowls to the dining table. 
She flitted from rooms to rooms, calling all the idly boys who were busy with their own stuff.
 
"Thanks for the meal!!!" Tao raised his chopsticks and started digging into his dinner.
"Wait, there's only nine of us eating. Someone is missing.." Lay stopped as he looked at the empty, unoccupied chair in the dining room.
"Kai's not here. Did he went out?" Ahra turned her head around but everyone shook their head.
"Just continue first, I'll look for him." 
 
    ................................................................
 
"Kai!! There you are.. I was looking around for you." she popped her head out of the open glass door of the balcony. He didn't look at her in the eyes and his look was inscrutable- she knew something wasn't right.
"Something wrong? Why aren't you eating?" she carefully sat beside him.
 
Once she was just a few centimeters away from her, his heart started tingling and he had the urge to raise his head and look at her with his smile like how he always do but somehow, it was hard this time. He felt her growing worry as she tried to lean closer and look at his face which remained motionless and completely sunken in silence.
 
"I don't feel like eating, I had snack earlier. Don't worry and go eat with the others." he forced a smile and put a hand on her back.
 
"I ate dinner with Sehun earlier after we went to my house." 
 
He felt his fingers stiffened and his heart stopped beating for a second.
"R-Really? Must've been fun." 
It wasn't something that he wanted to hear from .
"Kai, are you not feeling well? Does it hurt somewhere?" she asked.
It was clear to her the person sitting beside her was Kai but it wasn't the Kai that she knew.The person that she know will have a bright smile and playful look in his eyes and will talk to her in a joyfull tone. Now he wouldn't even look at her.
"You know you can always talk to me if you have any problems.." 
 
He felt his heart breaking apart at the sound of her worried voice but he tried to pick himself up, "No, there's no problem at all. You're right, I should eat and stop waking D.O hyung in the middle of the night to cook me food." he smiled to calm her down and put an arm around her as they both left for the dining room.
"Let's go!!!!"
 
Everything went as been normal during dinner. It was no longer a surprising sight to see the boys fight for the food, pointing fingers at each other, accusing one another on who was the culprit that took the last piece of meat on the plate. Yes it was always chaotic and noisy but Ahra wouldn't want them to get rid of this unique habit of theirs. It was always fun to watch them eagle eyed each other as they eat and gobble up their meal in order to take as much as they can. 
 
But that night Ahra couldn't take her eyes off Kai who was just not behaving like himself. She stole glances when he wasn't looking but he must've felt he was being watched through her steady gazes that he looked back at her once. 
" There is something wrong with him, but what is it? If he wouldn't tell me himself, I shouldn't try to force him to say anything. But I really hope he would share his problems with me, maybe I can do something to help..." she thought and chanelled her sight to the bear phone plug attached to her phone. 
 
.......................................................
 
 
"Hey.. I'm going to go out for a walk .. You want to come with me?" Kai stood beside the girl who was busy washing the dishes.
"R-Really? Just wait till I finish this.." she stammered. Walking after dinner in the midts of winter rather than enjoying his time to play games with the others- she was a 100% sure there was something really wrong with the guy.
 
Kai was guilty. No, he hadn't made any fatal mistake. The feeling came with no realistic reason but he just felt it somehow. He was remorseful that he behaved that way and dragged the girl to confusion and worry about the sudden change in his behaviour. He can bear the hurt and lost feeling inside him for the time being but not when she started to feel the same way. The two walked to for some time, both unsure on what to say first.
 
"Ice cream?" Kai stopped in front of a mini market, awkwardly pointing to the  freezer outside the building.
"Ice cream? Aren't you cold?" she chuckled and felt her tongue feeling numb just at the thought of the surface of the frozen solid.
"Aren't you a Korean? We fight heat with heat by eating hot samgyetang during summer and now we should eat ice cream on winter," he pushed her shoulder lightly as she stumbled and almost loses her balance.
She brushed her nose with her hands and clicked her tongue. "Fine, fine.. "
 
Hearing her agreement, he clapped his hands with excitement. " Let's compete for the fastest to finish the ice cream. The loser has to carry the winner on his or her back on the way home. Deal?" 
Ahra was sure the deal wasn't putting herself on the benefiting point. Imagining having to carry a man who's definitely heavier than she is on her back all the way back home didn't seem like a very good idea. This boy may seem thin but she was sure there were muscles packed into his arms and sand sacks strapped to his thighs- but she wasn't going to give up just like that. Rather than feeling challenged by his daring smile, she was doing it for him. If betting can help him feel better, she will do it with no second thoughts.
"CALL!!!"
 
Ahra couldn't feel her fingers as she took one of the ice cream wrapper from his hand as they sat beside each other on the steps of the mini market. Her fingers trembled as she reluctantly pulled them out of her pockets- saying goodbye to the warmth of a hotpacks they were cuddling around inside.
"I'll count to three and then we'll start.. Ah, I've never ride on a girl's back before.. I'm really looking forward todo it. Do you want me to go easy on you?" he smirked.
"Forget it! Let's do this!" she tore the wrapper exposing the long cylindrical orange solid, her eyes fizzling up.
 
"One, Two , THREE!!!" 
 
Once her teeth bite into the ice, Ahra felt them aching right to the roots, just like when she had one drilled. It was far worse this time, as if all the bones in her body was aching. She struggled to swallow the small lump of solid as it wouldn't melt. She on the orange juice, hoping the warmth of her breath will help speed up the melting down process. Meanwhile her opponent didn't seem to have any problem with his and finished it up in a few minutes.
 
" I win !!!!!!"
 
Kai raised the wooden stick into the air after he all the left over juice dripping down the stick. Ahra pouted, holding the half finished orange ice cream in her hand. As she did, Kai felt he lost a small part of himself to her pout- as always. 
"Alright... You won." She threw the stick with the left over into a rubbish bin and knelt down on one foot.
"Ever know how it feels to have a fully grown up men on your back before?" he .
"No, but I'm about to find out soon. Let's do this fast," she grumbled.
"You sure you can manage? I'm not as light as I may look." he added.
She clicked her tongue again, " I know it.. You don't even look thin anyway.."  He chuckled and instead of getting on, he grasped her hand and pulled her up. Kai bent a knee until it touched the ground, "Get on.." 
 
Ahra was left in a state of annoyance and confusion, "What are you doing?! This wasn't our deal.."
He turned his head to look at her, "But I won.. Besides I was the one suggesting this game so it's my game and I can change the rules however I want it to be."
" Tsk! You didn't mention anything about you having the power to change the rules anytime you like.." she folded her arms.
"You think I'll let you really carry me all the way back? No way.." he chuckled again.
"If you're going to end up doing this, why didn't you give in since the start?" she sat on the steps, refusing his command.
"Didn't I asked you if I should go easy on you before the game? Just get on, will you?" 
Ahra smiled as she looked at his impatient look in his eyes like he always do when he wants her to do something.
 
She get on his back just like what he told her to do. As she rested her chin on his sturdy shoulder, she felt his warmth as her chest touched his back. It was a piece of cake for him to hold the girl while he stood up and he walked easily on the empty road, as if carrying nothing on his back. His steps were usually long and wide but that moment, he wanted desperately to spend more time with her that he slowed down his pace, taking small easy steps once at a time. As her feet dangled by his sides, she kicked them softly back and forth, her cheek rubbing against the nape of his neck, sending tingling feels all over him.
 
"Kai~ Do you mind if I ask you something?" she broke the silence, asking in her timid, careful voice. The guy nodded his head slightly in reply.
" Is there something wrong? You didn't look like yourself during dinner.." 
" Eung.. Yes.." he said. She was silently demanding for an explanation but his short answer and unruffled look stopped her from asking futher more. 
" I've been having this weird feeling but I am still not sure what exactly it is that I'm feeling." he said. He bite his lower lip, unsure of what to say.
" What is this feeling when you long to be close to a person more than anything else? When you know you're willing to sacrifise anything and even your self to make her smile~ When you'd rather act as if nothing is wrong just to erase her worries eventhough your heart is deeply wounded inside~"he asked. "There's a weird tingling feels in me when I see her."
"The desire to be close and the longing to protect a person that you'll even sacrifise your life ? isn't it love?" Hearing her words, his feet froze on the spot and he turned his head to see her, " R-Really? Then I must've been right."
 
"Kai, do you have someone you like?" she carefully asked him again. 
He replied nothing but a smile, "There is, but she didn't know yet...."
" It's still a secret crush huh?" she smiled, teasing him but he lowered his head and chuckled.
" Ahra, do you think love is a figment?" he asked and paused, "Do you think it's wrong to fall in love?"
" Why are you asking something like that?" she asked as she saw the  dim in his eyes as he angled his head down to the concrete pavement. 
"It's just that... My love for her felt so wrong. Not only for her but also for people around her, it has trouble written all over it. She has always been such a good friend and I'm not sure.." he paused again, his voice shrinking with his courage , "If it's right to look at her more than that..." 
It took her a few seconds to think of what he just said. "There's nothing wrong to love someone Kai.. It's just an emotion you can't help but feel..."
He looked down at his feet, looking at the tips of his sneakers, kicking small rocks a he draged his step back home.
"Do you think.. She'll like me too?" he spoke, his voice trembling as he opened his mouth.
" You're a great guy Kai.. Make her feels the same tingling feels when she see you too~"
 
The words weren't exactly the answer he secretly hope to hear from her but they had a soothing effect on him as a warm smile appeared on his face- a sincere one this time.
 
"I'm glad I talked to you about this.." he turned to look at the face resting on his shoulder for another time. 
 
"Thank you for giving me hope.."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: It's here!! Another chapter added and something new revealed!!!! |(^,^)/  I hope the story is still enjoyable and interesting uptill now!!! I'll continue updating because I'm in the heat to write!!!! It's already the 15th chapter but BTS hasn't come out yet8-, i'm so sorry to BTS fans because the story apparently has very slow progress ㅠㅠ hope you guys are still hanging there until the BTS members come on the scene!!!!! 
If you enjoyed reading and are still excited for more don't forget to subscribe and comment !! :>> Thank you for your support!!!!!!!