Prank Day

The Wolf Curse

 


 
 
Jungshin stared at the teenage girl who sat on the small stool at the corner with a cardboard full of newly arrived books in front of her with a weird look on his face. For the past half an hour, she had been dusting the cupboards, once in a while smiling and laughing by herself with no clear reason and had continued to do so uptill now. He started guessing around for any possible reasons on why she was acting so differently compared to normal that he didn't realize a line of grumpy customers had queued up infront of the cashier, tapping their shoes impatiently on the floor. It was a strong slap on the back of his head that left him in pain and got him in a terrible shock state that brought him back to his senses.
" Kim Jungshin!!! What are you doing day dreaming in the middle of work, you lazy boy!!!" His father stood behind him with his hands on his hips. He was shooed away in a hurry like a mouse as his father replaced his position behind the cashier machine.
 
"Aishh wasn't that too hard on his only son?!!" he mumbled and dragged his steps towards her, tapping her hard on the shoulder.
"Hey.." he squatted down in front of her, still rubbing the spot at the back of his head.
"Eh? Why?" she asked.
" I've been looking at you and you looked different today.."
She kept quiet, still looking at him then looking down at herself from head to toe, "Different how? I don't think anything changed."
"Not different in how you look. You were smiling and laughing by yourself the whole time!! Are you sick or something?" 
His question was replied with her blushing and a smile that dragged him deeper in confusion.
 
"See!!!! This is what I mean!! Anything good happened today that cause you to behave so differently?" he leaned in, curious of what happened.
She kept quiet. Her meaningful silence triggered his curiousity even more and she shook her head but kept the smile painted on her face. "Nothing.. I just had a blast at school.." 
She smiled as he pouted and she knew she succeded in teasing him. She knew him well enough that this kind of reaction will make him even a hundred times more curious than before and she liked looking at his annoyed expression when she refused to tell him her secret.
He knew she wasn't going to tell him but he was as curious as usual and wouldn't leave her until he find out her reason. Just as he was about to corner her and made her spill it all out there was a thundering shout from across the room. "YAAA!!! KIM JUNGSHIN!!!! Are you just going to hang out here and stay there disturbing her?!!! Wait till I get you!!" The sight of his father getting a broomstick that was kept in the corner and storming after him frightened the guy and he ran out for his life out of the bookshop door.
 
She shook her head as she laughed at the two. When she remembered what happened that day, she couldn't help but smile or hold her laughter in. She would've let Jungshin know what happened if it was something normal but she couldn't - because it was not. Even if she did, he would think she's it making up from her own imagination or trying to fool him- he wouldn't buy her words even if she told him the truth. But Ahra would never tell Jungshin or anyone else- it was a secret she'll never leak.
 
            .....................................................
 
The school bell rang and students hurried back to their own classes after the morning assembly at the hall. Ahra followed the rest back to her own classroom and flunged  herself down on the chair, looking at the empty seat in front of hers. Sora was absent and she texted her the night before. Her grandma had fallen sick and together with her parents, she returned to their hometown to take care of her. It was a lonely morning; lining up alone and returning back alone to her class. 
 
"How was it? You must've had a wonderful  sleepover in school.." Misun sat herself on the empty chair, crossing her legs. Ahra said no words but she was hoping the teacher for the first lesson would come in quickly so she wouldn't have to bear with her mocks and teases. As usual she knew it's better for her to avoid any exchange of words with the girl and kept quiet instead. Especially that she was alone like that day, she felt even weaker against her and her sharp tongue. Her wish came true as their physic teacher walked into the class carrying a glass of coffee in his hand and put it down on the table as students scurried back to their own seats.
 
"Keep your books away and prepare a piece of paper. We'll start the quiz." he said with no expression on his face. There were sighs of dissappointment and complaints from the student but they did as they were told.
"What a better way to start Monday.." Ahra heard a male student behind her grumbled. It was no surprise for her as their teacher had been doing the same routine for the past few weeks and she had reviewed her lesson the day before. The teacher started walking toward the white board and wrote down the questions with his black marker. It was an intense one hour for most students as they struggled with the questions and submitted their work with many blank spaces on it. The teacher flipped through the paper and stopped in one. The whole class saw his frown and disatissfied look before looking around the class.
"Hmph... Many of you are in trouble." He left the class in silence as they started whispering at each other.
 
"He's definitely going to give us punishment."
 
"I'm really in trouble now.."
 
"Man, I really hate physics.."
 
There were grumbles and regrets from many students. Suddenly Misun returned to Sora' seat- here comes trouble again. Ahra sighed and sat uneasily with the girl staring at her. She was growing really tired of these girls but she tried to remain calm. She knew the scarer she got or the more disturbed she looked, the more she's going to disturb her.
 
"So where were we just now? Ah, you didn't answer my question yet. How was it?" she gave her an evil smile.
 
Silence.
 
"You lost your tongue? Why aren't you answering me?" she leaned closer looking at her with her sharp glare.
Ahra remain unmoved and she took out her book preparing for the next lesson. All of a sudden Misun snatched the book on her table and throw it to the floor. She stepped on the cover with one of her shoes and pressed it hard, leaving a shoe mark on the plastic cover.
"I told you you should answer me when I ask you? Are you deaf?" she stood up and banged on her table with one hand.
 
Ahra took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down as her hand reached for the book under her feet but she was much more faster and she dragged it away from her. This time Ahra stood up in front of her, her patience reaching its limit.
"What do you want to hear from me? Can't you stop?" 
The opponent looked shocked as she wasn't expecting this kind of reaction but she wasn't going to give up that easily.
" No I can't and I won't! Since the very first day I saw you I hated you.. You're a filthy attention seeker Ahra!" Ahra couldn't believe her own ears at the mention of an attention seeker- Who is the real attention seeker here? All eyes in the classroom were on them and there was absolute silence. It wasn't a new sight to see Misun bullying others but it was something new for them to hear Ahra talk to someone in such a tone and with such look in her eyes.
 
"What do you want from me really??" Ahra tried to calm down but she wasn't going to give up either. Giving up now is the same like declaring that she surrendered to Misun and she'll bully her a lot harsher than before.
She smirked and folded her hands, walking closer to her, "I want you to go out.. I don't like seeing or being around you.. You're just getting on my nerves so go out. You have no right to stay here. You're just a shameless orphan who's no more than a filthy beggar and you don't belong here."
Ahra felt like an arrow was shot right into her heart , tearing it apart. Her face was heating up and her fist clenched firmly. She felt all pairs of eyes in the room set on her as the two looked back at each oter.
No. She wasn't going to let her felt like she achieved victory.
 
"Say whatever you want Misun. Your actions just define who you are and not who I am.." and she sat back on her seat, the whole class gasping in shock at her strong comment. Their jaws dropped in amazement an awe but nobody dared say a word. Te only sound in the class was the silent ticking of the clock. There were flames burning in Misun's eyes as she looked back at her.
 
"YOU..!!!!"
 
"What's going on here?"
 
The literature teacher stood by the open class door looking at the class. Misun who had her eyes almost popping out of her head retrned back to her seat after she caught the suspicious look in her teacher's eyes.
 
"I'll make you pay for this." she whispered in a low tone.
 
            .......................................
 
It was soon break time and the news of the intense word fight between the two spread as fast as virus across the school. Soon everyone were whispering at each other, talking about the David and Goliath in the first class as they sat on their lunch tables. The three guys had heard the fast spreading news too and hurried to rescue her from another attack from the ferocious girl. Luckily Ahra had managed to exit the class together with her teacher and hid in the library since the break started.
 
A message from Sehun:
"Where are you?" 
 
Ahra:
"Library.. Why?"
 
Sehun:
"Wait for us there"
 
Soon they came and found her sitting on an empty table with a book open on her lap. 
"You alright? We heard about what happened." Kai pulled a chair. "Everyone in the canteen is talking about you and her." 
"How did it even reach other classes?" she covered her face with her palms.
" I think your classmates must've told the other students. It's even in the student chatting room.." Tao added, showing her phone screen to her. It was a private student blog where only students had access to where news and informations are posted on. It was more like a gossiping blog but sometimed had useful informations like students test schedules and others. Almost every students in the school has a private account - it was no wonder how the news spread to fast.
 
"Wasn't what she did too much?" Kai added.
"It was. Don't you think we should do something about this? Our warnings were useless on her.." Tao grumbled and cracked his knuckles.
Suddenly he clapped his hands together. There was an evil smirk formed on his face that made Ahra cringed.
 
"I've got an idea.. It's payback time.." 
Kai and Sehun weren't very sure on what the boy was planning but followed him out, dragging the confused girl behind them. They walked around and found the gang walking towards the canteen. They quickly sat on an empty table and 
 
"Snap!!" 
 
And everything was still. There were no movement at all except Tao getting up from his seat, followed by Kai and Ahra sat beside Sehun, wondering what the boys were up to. 
"Perfect timing isn't it?" Tao snatched the purse in Misun's hand and took out a tube of pink lipgloss.
"Oh noo..." Ahra knew what he was up to but Sehun gave her a meaningful look that froze her on her seat.
And she was right as soon he started applying the sticky liquid messily on the frozen girl's lips, even spiling a few drops on her clean uniform. He looked at it with pride as if he had done somekind of magnificent artwork before returning to his seat and high-five ing the boys.
"Because she love her lipgloss so much.." he added.
"Is it alright?" she asked worriedly. Kai nodded his head, "Just act as if nothing happened okay? Don't look in her direction either."
 
"Snap!!"
 
They pretended as if they knew nothing and decided to talk about the latest movie they watched together as the victim walked by their table, shooting a deadly glare  at Ahra. She made eye contact with Tao but he quickly looked away, unable to hold his laughter in. 
 
As the gang walked pass the other tables, students started whispering and giggling and some took out their phones and begin to take pictures of her. Misun uneasily looked at them back but decided to keep her pride and continued walking with her head held high. But the giggles and weird stares didn't stop and she was beginning to feel embarrased.
 
"Why are they looking at me as if there's something funny? Do you think they're laughing at me because of the fight with the orphan?" She asked looking back at her two followers, giving them the shock of their life.
 
"Mi-Misuna... I- I don't think that's the reason.." Yumi stammered as she pointed at her face.
 
It was after Suyeon handed her a pocket mirror that Misun got a grip of what was going on.
 
"W-WHAT'S THIS!!!!!!! B-but how can this be?!!!!!" 
 
She freaked out with a mixture of annoyed and puzzled look on her sulking face and soon flee to the bathroom in shame. As she covered her face and quickly ran to the toilet, Ahra felt pity for her especially thinking of how the others would be mocking her after but then she saw her three friends laughing in their seats, Tao looking like he would soon be pissing himself laughing, she covered to hide her giggles.
 
Tao's epic lipgloss prank was indeed a success.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: I find it very hard to create the right feel for you readers.. It would've been easier to see a movie rather than trying to imagine what is actually written with only words.. But this is what reading i basically all about right? Making your own movie inside your head: ) so i'll try my best in keeping you all interested in the story^^ Lately I wasn't in the mood to write, very sorry if i kept you waiting for long T.T thank you for all my subscribers *>.