Finally~ A Clue

The Wolf Curse

 


 
The van stopped in front a house in a small neighbourhood. There were children running around the road with a few dogs barking as if welcoming them. Ahra stepped out o the van, the place that she missed so much. Suddenly all the memories flashed back in front of her eyes. The memories of her childhood, the trauma she had and the beginning of a new chapter of her life. She walked slowly and knocked on the door. The door clicked open and a 50 year old man appeared. 
"Ahra?" He couldn't believe his eyes. 
She hugged him. The warm hug she missed so much after three long years.
"What are you doing here?" he asked and got a shock of his life. The twelve boys bowed down at him politely, "And who are those..." Suddenly he paused.
"Those are the other  tenants I'm sharing a house with. Don't misunderstand they're  not like any other boys, they..."
"I can see that. You don't need to explain anything." he chuckled and welcomed them all in. Suddenly the small house was cramped with so many people. Ahra bowed down politely in front of her uncle followed by the others and greeted him Happy Chuseok. She handed him a box filled with their hand-made songpyeon. 
"Luckily we were able to save some of them from Tao." Chen joked as the others laughed.
"I'm sorry I hadn't visited you since I left." Ahra apologized as his uncle nodded his head understandingly.
"You've grown alot. I couldn't recognize you but then I saw Chorong's eyes and I knew you've came back." 
Her uncle had always seen her mother inside her. He said that she had inherited her beautiful clear eyes that he missed so much.
"And where are you planning to spend the night? My small house is not that spacious to hold fourteen people in." he switched his gaze to the twelve boys
"Please don't worry about us, we can camp outside. We're just here to accompany Ahra." Kris bowed down politely showing his respect.
Her uncle nodded his head, "Ahra, you might want to take the others around. I bet you must have missed this place." The twelve boys stood up and followed her outside. But Kris stopped by the door, "Suho and I will stay. We've got to unpack and set the tents. You guys go." 
Ahra looked at him then Suho, "Sure? You guys don't want to look around??" He stood firm and shook his head, "No, we will just go tomorrow." 
 
The eleven of them left the house walking on the stony road going uphill. The air was cool and fresh. They could hear chirping of birds between the trees. The yellowing trees stood alongside the road as they walk in a group. There were no cars or trucks, no honking and smell of gas from vehicles. Soon they reached a small waterfall with a stream. They carefully stepped down the stone steps and started taking off their shoes and rolling their sleeves. Ahra sat on a stone and carefully dipped her feet into the running water. The evening sunlight shone over their head and the water sparkled. The boys started jumping into the stream chasing each other around. Suddenly Ahra felt droplets of water hit her cheeks. Baekhyun laughed at her shocked face and sprayed her with more water using his fingers.
"I bet you came here often." he sat beside her on the rock.
"Don't you like it too?" she dipped her fingers into the water, feeling the running water brushing against her skin.
"Sitting here brings back all the happy memories right? I like it here." Baekhyun placed his hands on the rock and played with the water with his feet. 
"Sometimes you can spot small fishes or tadpoles swimming near the bank." Ahra bent down as Baekhyun followed her. 
"Ow! I see one there!!" she pointed in the clear water as Baekhyun squat down trying to spot the object she was pointing at.
Quickly Ahra dipped her hand in and splashed him with the cold water.
"Got you.." she laughed as Baekhyun admitted his defeat with a laugh.
"Wait I saw a fish! Catch it!!!" Kai shouted as the others started crowding him. They let their hands sumberged in the water and groping around trying to block the path of the fish but it swiftly swam between their fingers and their feet, escaping away.
Suddenly Xiumin started pulling one of his foot out of the water, "Eeeeek!! There's something slimy under there!!" he pulled the other one and putting back the other one in. His movements made him lost his balance and fell into the cold water. Water splashed everywhere as the others tried to escape. Xiumin sat on the moss lined stones water dripping from his hair and chin.
"What the?! It was only the moss !!" Tao laughed at him. 
"I thought I was stepping on a snail or something. Don't tease me." he tried to stand up pouting.
"Hi hi~ Xiumin hyung is scared of the moss!" Tao wouldn't left him alone.
Xiumin started frowning.
"Why is the water colder around my feet? Ouch it stings!" Tao leaped out of the water jumping to dry land.
"Did he just....! That's not fair!!" Tao frowned back at him but Luhan hold his hand shaking his head while Xiumin stucked his tongue out. Soon they were cool and started splashing water at each other again. Almost everyone of them were soaked wet from head to toe and were freezing. The autumn mountain  wind was blowind hard as the sun started setting. The sky around the run was red but faded to beautiful cotton candy pink. They decided to head back home with towels wrapped around their body. Luckily the house was not very far away. 
 
When they reached home Ahra noticed Kris' facial expression changed and so was Suho's. It was an unexplainable expression, "Maybe they were tired from unpacking." They had shower with warm water before started preparing dinner. After she helped Lay with all the dish washing Ahra started looking around the house. The house only has  a few rooms, a living room which is also the dining room, a kitchen a small bathroom and two bedrooms. She opened the door to her old bedroom. It was dark and dusty. There were boxes everywhere and the power line was cut, the wires probably chewed by mouse. There were cobwebs on the corners and dust lining the floor. 
"If I knew you'll be coming I would have cleaned this up. You can sleep in my room and i'll sleep on the sofa." her uncle tapped her shoulder with his warm hand.
"No, I'll just sleep in the van. You should sleep inside you can catch a cold. Uncle why don't you repair the heater? Winter is coming soon and it will be very cold." 
He gave a weak smile, "Don't worry about me. I'm old enough to die. I've seen enough of this world and now that I know you'll be safe I can leave in peace."
"Don't joke around like that. What did you mean? I cannot lose you, you're the only family member I have left." she scolded him with worries.
"No I'm not. You have a family now." he looked at the twelve boys seating in the living room laughing, "They are noisy aren't they?" Ahra nodded her head, "Very noisy. But whenever they're not home it was so quiet and lonely. Everything seemed like it's back to a few months ago, when it was just me and the world." 
"Nobody can live alone Ahra, you need to start trusting other people so you can have someone to rely on." 
"I know.." she replied.
 
"We need to leave for a while." Kris broke the conversation as they started standing up. The old man nodded his head.
"Wait, where are you guys going to?" Ahra stopped him. 
"Somewhere.." he replied shortly.
" Your part time job? " she asked.
Luhan hit her lightly on the head," Traveling back for another three hours for the part time job? Kidding me. We're just going to accompany Kris and Suho looking around."
She rubbed the spot on her head, "Can't I join? This is late at night, what if you guys get lost?"
"Not a girl's thing. We can protect each other. No worries." Kai smirked looking at her pouting and they left after excusing themselves to her uncle. Ahra sat on the doorstep waiting for them but it was past midnight and they haven't return as usual. She crept on the van and slept eventhough she kept on worrying about them.
 
                ................................
 
Baekhyun peeped inside the van.
"There she is." 
He climbed slowly on to the van and covered her with the blanket he was holding. "How could she sleep in a weather like this without her blanket?" he sat on the seat in the row in front of hers. He stook off his jacket folding it into a pillow and slide it under her head. He sat with his chin resting on the chair looking at her sleeping.
 
                .................................
 
"Her uncle know about us." Kris started " and he gave us this." he raised a piece of yellowing paper in his hand.
There were symbols written on the paper. None of them could figure out what it was. They were not alphabets nor were they korean. 
"This is what we need and I believe what is written here is what we have been searching for. " Kris paused, "But the problem now is that none of us nor her uncle can read what is written here. There is only one person who learned about these symbols."
"Then let's go to him or her and not waste our time anymore." Chanyeol who was impatient said.
Kris stared back at them."Only Ahra's mother can." There was silence as everyone were taken aback by what he just said,
"But I thought her mother is dead." Luhan spoke.
Kris fixed his gaze on them,"She is."
There was a complete silence. They felt like they were given a new hope just to be dragged down again. Their feelings were mixed, angry, hopeless and confused.
"So are you saying we'll have to go back empty handed and just accept it like that?" Kai rose up. He just couldn't hide his emotions. He was angry but he felt realy weak inside. Is it going to be the end?
"I haven't finished what I need to say. When she was young Ahra's mother taught her about this symbols because she knew what will be coming. But the accident left her traumatized and she lost most of her memories including everything her mother ever told her."  
"So what is the use of all this then? We are going to end up in the same place as when we first started all this." Chen glared his anger shooting up.
"What did you mean by that? Do you think she want to lost all her memories? Of the short time she had to be with her mother? Do you think she can choose her fate?" Kai rose up as the others tried to hold him back.
"Sit back you two. Don't you remember what we were told? To keep staying as one. Division between us and that will really be the end of everything!" Luhan pushed them apart.
"Is there anything we can do?" Sehun who had been sitting in a corner broke the rising tension.
"We can help her to gain her memory back. But if we do it we'll risk putting her in danger. There is no other way out." Kris finished what he had to say. As the leader, it is just frustating to not know how to calm s because he himself couldn't find any other possible solutions beside this.
"That means if we help Ahra get her memories back we are endangering her?" Tao spoke in his timid voice. He was not shouting like usual. Kris took a deep breath,
 
"That's the only way." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Hi there!! Thank you for still reading my ff~ The previous chapters only showed how Ahra is getting closer to the boys but from here onward I'm going to try and make it more interesting. I hope it'll turn out well>.< I'm not going to be able to update the next chapters soon because I have to start reviewing my econs.. Thank you for those subscribing and reading ^^ you don't know how much this means to me because this is my first time writing.. If you feel like fangirling over exo, you can always comment and let's fangirl together!!! ~^.^~ BTS' fans ARMY! They will be coming soon so be patient for a bit more:p Thank you^^ Happy reading!!