Introduced

The Wolf Curse

 


 
 
The long winter break finally came to an end. Majority of the students were reluctant to say goodbye to the lazy blissful time of hibernating days.
 
Kris shook the guy's shoulder but he burried himself deeper under the cover, unwilling to end his sleep.
"Tao~ Wake up ~" he himself lazily patted his but there was only a rejecting moan as a reply.
 
Kris growned, a low pitched noise expressing his frustration.
If he weren't the leader, Kris wouldn't really care about the guy running late to school and given such rejection would've crawled back to his own comfy bed and sleep- but he couldn't. 
As the last attempt, he pulled the blanket covering the body and the pillow under his head exposing the boy curling his body on the bare, empty bed. 
 
Still, no reaction.
 
Kris was pissed and annoyed but most of all, sleepy. He opened the wooden shutters and pushed the window pane. A blustery wind sneaked in from outside together with sunshine penetrating through the glass.
"There! If you're going to continue sleeping, you might as well sleep without your blanket!!" and he was gone, back to his own bedroom next door, dragging the spotty blanket behind him.
 
It took Suho's patience and Xiumin's continuous lecture on the consequences of coming late to class that forced him out of bed, still too prostrated to prepare himself for school.
 
................................................................
 
 
 
 
 
Class 1C was in a major chaos that morning.
 
As the boys slouched down on their desks, their bagpacks transformed into emergency pillows, the girls were busy squealling and whispering at each other, stealing adoring glances at the new comers.
Sora walked into the classroom to see the elite gang swarming the seats behind hers; Ahra's seat.
Sora clentched her fist and made her way through the crowd of girls.
 
As if two angelic sculptures ,eyes as clear as crytals and smiles as sweet as cotton candy, two boys sat calmly surrounded by the crowd of enthusiastic girls, replying with smiles as the only answer to their abundant of questions.
 
"What's your name?"
 
"May I have your phone number?"
 
"Are you two transfered students?"
 
And much more squeals and histeric responds as they shot smiles at the girls, the corner of their eyes twitches as they did.
 
But Sora wasn't stunned or impressed. She probably would've joined  the army of girls if it was a few months ago. Probably it was because she was now too used to seeing hot boys like Kai and the rest that the girly instinct to swarm near these goddess like males left without any traces. Instead, she was bothered by them.
 
"Excuse me," she cleared , her clear and stern voice caught their attention.
"Sorry but this seat is occupied.." she said, and tapped the desk behind her own seat. The guy with brownish patch of hair on his head who had calmly seated himself looked at her then at Misun.
 
"She said he can take this seat.." the guy next to him said and pointed his finger to the ganf leader.
 
Sora stared at her, just sick and tired of her bullying and playing pranks on her bff and Misun fearlessly stared back, both had no intention to give up.
 
Sound of approaching foot steps into the class and Ahra squeezed her way in through the crowd, totally lost in what was going on.
 Her seat was occupied.
 By a foreign looking boy that she had never seen. She looked at him and he looked back at her, just exchanging look at each other for a moment.
 
 
"Guess I'll have to move somewhere else.." the guy stood up, one side of his mouth pushed up as a friendly smile formed on his face. He didn't took his eyes off her as he said and moved to an empty seat beside her.
 
"Can I take this one?" It was a question that seemed directed towards the crowd but his eyes were asking her. Ahra nodded her head slightly and immediately cut their eye contact by turning her back on him.
 
"New student?",  she asked, putting her bag down and leaning her body closer to her friend who turned her chair around to face her. She didn't want to make the new guy feel uncomfortable so she whispered with the lowest voice she could without looking at him.
"He's not alone.." Sora whispered back signalling her to look to her right.
Another new guy sitting beside her, with dark clear eyes and black hair, drawing her a momentary attraction. He must've sensed her curiousity and she immediately looked away. There was something weird about these two boys but she wasn't sure what.
 
Their mentor walked in, dispersing the student back to their own seats. He leaned against the teacher's desk and folded his hands in his chest.
His presence quietened the class as they wait eagerly in their seats.
 
"Can you two please come to the front?" he said looking at the two seated boys.
The two of them stood up and did as they were told, standing side by side each other in front of the classroom.
"Today we have two new transfer students from America who will be joining our class starting this term onwards. Please introduce yourself to the class boys.." 
 
There was a complete silence as the black haired guy took the innitiative to take a step forward and bowed to the rest.
"My name is Jungkook, it's nice meeting you all.." 
The female students clapped excitedly like seals, noting his name down.
The brownish haired guy stepped forward and bowed like the first one just did.
"Hi, my name is Kim Taehyung. I hope we can get along well.." 
Another round of applause from the female students.
 
"Both of you have alot to catch up because you missed out lessons on term one. Whenever you have questions, you can always come to me and to ask for help," the mentor added. 
"As for you all, I hope you can help them so they can catch up on what they've missed.." he directed his look to the rest.
 
"Ahra?" 
 
The mention of her name startled her as she looked back to her teacher.
"I need you especially to help the two of them with their other academic subjects. If you have questions, you can ask her or the other students."
 
It was understandable for him to dellegate the task to her. The teachers trusts her and were always satisfied with her marks and performances in the class. She was reliable and had never let them down.
 
She looked at the two boys but wasn't a hundred percent confortable yet with the eerie glow in their eyes and she looked down at her book once again.
 
 
 
.......................................................
 
 
 
"Hey.." 
 
The soft foreign voice immediately took her attention away from her books. 
 
His quirky deep and slightly husky voice didn't match up with his childish and playful physical appearance that she was seeing. Now that he stood just by the side of her desk, only a few centimeters from where she sat, she could examine his features clearly. His face reminded her of someone she know but she wasn't very sure who. He raised one of his thick brownish eyebrows as she took a few long seconds concentrating hard on his face, thinking to herself.
 
"Oow, sorry.." she stammered.
"I.. I didn't mean to.." she lowered her head down to hide her blushing cheeks, too lost for words.
 
The guy chuckled and remained firm with his position.
"Anything weird with my face?"
 
"No, no!! It's just that ... you look like somebody that I know.."
 
"Oh really? Who?"
 
"Hmm.. I'm not sure myself.." 
 
"Okay.." he chuckled again as Ahra felt her cheeks turning even redder from shame.
 
"Emm... Anything I can do to help ?" she cleared and tried to veer away to another topic to avoid more awkwardness.
 
"Sorry, I almost forgot.." he scratched his head.
"I'm just wondering if I can borrow your notes from last term.. Did I missed alot?" 
 
"Emm.. For all subjects?"
 
"If you don't mind.." he added.
 
"Sure.. but I don't have all of them with me right now.. Only these.." she pulled out two notebooks from her bag and pushed it towards him.
 
He took the two books on her table and briefly flipped through the neatly written pages, "Nice handwriting.. " he smiled, sneaking a glimpse at her. 
"For the other books, can I come to your house after school to pick them up? If that's okay with you.."
 
His direct and composed nature when talking surprised her.
They've only met for a few hours and had only talked once and he wanted to come to her house?
She sat strained on her chair, unsure on what to reply back to him.
Should she turn him down? Should she offer bringing them for him tomorrow instead?
But he is just going to pick up some note books, nothing more.
But once again, Ahra was never used to having a male friend over, especially one that she just met. 
 
She took a glimpse at him again but he remained unpurturbed.
"Maybe it is something common from where he came from." she thought.
 Ahra knew she shouldn't overthink about things which might not really be necessary to worry about so she nodded her head. 
 
"He will come, I'll pass him the books and that's it. There will be nothing to worry about." she talked to herself.
 
"Great! Thanks alot.." He smiled and securedly kept her books in his bag. As he ran out to catch up with his other friend who had exit the class a few moments before, he bumped into someone standing by the classroom door.
 
A few long seconds of exchanging look with Sehun who just entered to pick her up for break time. Both of them froze, looking at one another right in the eyes before cutting their eye contact by walking pass each other.
 
"Who's the guy talking to you just now?" he asked.
 
"A new student from the U.S.." she answered.
 
Sehun was demanding more explanation and he was far from satisfied with her short answer but decided to ask no more.
 
"Should we go meet the others now?" he asked.
 
"Let's go."
 
 
.......................................................
 
 
 
 
Kai scribbled the chemistry notes on his book, a hand on his chin to support his head. The endless power point presentation on electrolysis almost drove him to sleep. He turned his head to the side, afraid that continuing to stare at the projector screen might make his eyes heavier. Just as he did, he saw a figure walking past his classroom through the clear glass window.
 
His hand shot up immediately.
 
"Yes?" the teacher turned to him.
 
"Sir, I need to go to the toilet.." he replied.
 
The stern looking teacher hesitated, annoyed that his lecture was disturbed but nod his head and signalled him to go out.
 
Kai jumped up from his seat, trying to walk as normal as possible but quickly speed up in excitement once he was out of sight.
 
"Ahra!!!" 
 
At the mention of her name she turned around and he approached her, dragging the confused girl with him, far enough from his classroom to hide from his teacher's suspicious hawk eyes.
 
"Kai? Are you done with your lesson? I thought you still have an hour until your classes end.." 
 
"Yep.. I was in chem class and saw you walk past.. It was so boring that I escaped to the toilet.. Are you free today? Your work only start next week right?" he asked, leaning his back on a wall. 
"Can't you wait for me in the library?"
 
"Yes. but... today I can't.. There's something that I've got to do.." she replied, anxious that he had been waiting too long for her at the gate.
 
"Really? What?" 
With her unusual refusal, Kai wasn't going to let her go just like that until he finds out her reason.
 
"There's a friend who needs to borrow my notebooks at home.." she replied. "He's a new transfered student in my class." she added knowing his highly skeptical nature.
 
Kai now stood straight  with eyes popping, half believing her words,"He? A boy?" 
 
"Yes.. He's just going to pick up my notebooks to copy them .. That's all.." 
Ahra wasn't sure why she actually need to add "that's all"to her sentence. Probably because she saw the strong disagreement in his eyes as he remained speechless.
 
"But.. He's new right? I mean, you don't know him very well yet! What if.." he said while she remained quiet.
"Okay. How about I walk you home now? Just incase.." he added.
 
"What? No!! You still have a class! I'll just return home directly and pass him the books." she interjected his offer.
 
Kai wasn't giving up that easily. Letting the girl walk home with a man she just met? No way. He was worried for her safety, moreover because he never saw the guy himself.
 
"Where's he? I need to see him myself before I let you go." He stretched his long slender neck looking around for any sign of the new foreigner.
 
"I think he's outside the school gate.." she replied.
"Kai, can you just return to your class? You're going to get yourself into trouble.." she tried her hardest to push him back towards the direction of his classroom but the determined muscle packed guy remained rooted on the ground.
 
"I won't. I just need to see him for a while.. No worries, I will make it fast." he assured her, grabbing her wrist and without waiting for her reply led her down the steps.
 
 
.......................................................
 
 
Taehyung kicked some small pebbles on the ground with his black Converse out of boredom and checked the clock on his handphone for the third time.
 
"Why is it taking her such a long time to clean her locker?" 
He corrected his bangs as the winter wind blew causing a few strands of hair to enter his eyes.
"I thought she said she was going to make it quick.." he grumbled.
 
Just then he heard faint sounds of approaching footsteps that was growing louder with every passing second and he turned around eagerly to see her.
 
But she wasn't alone.
She was with a tanned skin guy with black hair and nicely built up body that was holding her hand and he was making his way up to him.
 
"Sorry, I'm a bit late.."
 
"Ehm.. It's okay. I didn't wait that long.." he lied.
"So...." he added looking at Kai who stood near them..
 
"Oww, this is Kai, my ..." 
 
Ahra couldn't find the right word to describe her relationship with him beside 'a friend that I'm sharing a house with'.
She wasn't very fond of the idea of having to tell people about their condition because she hated rumors and gossips. Being stared at by other jealous girls during break every single day have been burdonsome enough.
 
"Close friend." Kai rescued her just in time but still couldn't take his cold stare off the guy.
 
"Hi..  It's nice meeting you.." He replied with his calm tone once again. Kai's sharp eyes and his dangerous glare didn't seem to scare him even a bit.
"Are we going now?" he asked.
 
"Yep, let's go.." Ahra gave him an awkward smile but Kai wouldn't let go of her hand.
 
She excused herself and dragged him away. 
"What else now? You've met him.. Now let me go.." she whispered.
 
"I don't like him.. Just tell him you'll bring the books tomorrow.. Is he desperately in need of them today? Like right now?" he insisted.
 
"He waited for me for so long Kai. I can't break the promise that I made.." Ahra took his hand off her wrist and free her own.
"Look, I'll call you right away once I reach home, okay?" 
 
It was hard to assure him that she will be alright but finally he gave up although he still didn't like the idea of letting her walk home with a stranger.
 
"Fine.. Just be careful okay? Call me if something happen.." he added. Her warm smile and encouraging words are his weak spots and there was nothing else he could've done.
He switched his doting look to a deadly glare at the guy. Kai had no intention to try and hide his mingle of disatissfaction and dislike and act all sweet and friendly. Infact he wanted the guy to know that he didn't like him one bit.
 
It was very awkward for Ahra to walk away with Kai keeping his careful and attentive eyes on her with every step she took. 
He remained in his position even a few seconds until the blue bus that took them disappeared from sight.
 
 
.......................................................
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Hey there!:D it's been quite some time since I last updated the story.. 
I finally managed to finish this chapter that I hope you guys will have a great time reading :)
Not making an excuse but english isn't my first language 
Please be a bit understanding if there are tenses and other mistakes in the chapters (sometimes mistyped words too)
idk if this story is lame to you i even thought of stopping to write at one point but it's a pity to leave it hanging just like tht
besides it will make me feel shameful to disappoint some of you who might be waiting for the continuation
i'll try to work harder guys
 
 
 
(fangirl): Has any of you started preordering Miracles in December? And watched the performance today ? 
I got goosebumps when I watched the mv xD the song is really really good!!!! 
but whtsup with nature republic =_=* sm.......