Chapter 6

Caged Birds

Hey there its the author again :) Do you like my story so far? Leave a message saying whether you did or not and constuctive critism would be cool too :) Note: In the texting thing, the - nya I used after Kuro's name means meow. The -kun is an honorific used to adress boys that are close to you.

 

Kuro’s POV

 

 

I had a feeling this would happen. I somehow knew that he would say this to me one day. I have been preparing, but I was afraid that our friendship would crumble if this happened. I had words ready, but they didn’t come. I opened my mouth, but the words won’t come out. “I… The necklace… There’s something…” I stuttered. Youngmin chuckled and looked down. “I knew you would say that. You don’t feel the same do you?” His voice cracked a bit at the end, and I stood there gaping like an idiot. “No, it’s not that! I do love you, but…” I sighed. “I couldn’t ask for more from my best friend. You’re one of the only people who didn’t shun me after the incident with my father.” Youngmin looked at me with pleading eyes. “But I want to be more than friends! There’s so much I want to do with you, and I want to spend forever with you! I know it may sound silly, but you mean the world to me. If you didn’t come into my life, I think I may have ended up worse than Kwangmin.” I bit my lip, then took a deep breath. “I love you. I really do, but my feelings are all jumbled up right now. I wish I could fall in love with you, but there’s something stopping me. I know you will make some girl very happy, but I’m not that girl. Sorry.” I managed to say with a straight face. Youngmin suddenly grabbed me by the waist and kissed me. It was a sad goodbye kiss, and I could feel heat from tears. His lips were soft and sweet, with sadness and lost hope mixed in. I gently kissed him back, but my kiss was also a goodbye kiss. He pulled away and smiled sadly. “I promise to be happy for you no matter where you go,” he whispered softly, tears streaming down his face. “Whether it is with Kwangmin or someone else. I’ll love you until the end of time.” He gave me one last hug. Youngmin painfully let go and walked off into the night. I watched his back get smaller and smaller until it was no more.

 

Tears rolled down my face silently as I walked home in a daze. I still had the necklace in my hand, looking at it every few minutes. I felt like punching myself. There were so many girls out there who want Youngmin more I do. I should have just said yes. Something was stopping me. I don’t even know what it is. I clenched my fist in frustration. What am I supposed to do now? How am I going to face him again? More tears fell but I wasn’t actually crying. I haven’t cried since I the incident happened; this was just one of the times where tears came but I didn’t sob. I looked around me and saw Donghyun sitting outside a café with a girl. Probably a new love interest. I took out my phone and texted him.

 

I see you over there ;)  -   Kuro-nya

 

Where are you? O.o   -   Hyunnie-kun

 

Across the street from the café. That girl’s a real head turner, from my angle at least. >:D  -  Kuro-nya

 

Aigooo~ Spying on your big bro now are you? ;)  -  Hyunnie-kun

 

Naw, just passing by JHave fun bro, don’t get carried away ;)   -   Kuro-nya

 

What do you mean by carried away? D:<  -  Hyunnie-kun

 

Nothing. See you at home :) -  Kuro- nya

 

I closed my phone and continued walking. Lucky bastard, finding love so easily. Suddenly, I bumped into someone. It was Kwangmin.

 

 

Kwangmin’s POV

 

 

“Are you okay? You look like you’ve been crying.” I wiped the tears of her face with my thumb. She took my hand off.

“No. I was… cold.” I smirked. “That’s the worst excuse ever.” I remembered something. Youngmin was with her just now, so it must have something to do with him. “Did Youngmin hurt you?” I asked. My brother is an idiot, always making girls cry. Kuro shook her head. “No, I hurt him.” I frowned, confused for a moment. Youngmin probably confessed and Kuro said no. I sighed patted her on the back awkwardly. “Don’t worry about it. He’ll be fine.” Kuro still looked kinda empty, which made me blush. This was awkward. “To make it up to you, I’ll- I’ll… umm…” I stuttered. Kuro giggled. “No its fine.” She hesitated then asked, “Do you want to… walk home… together?” Surprised, I blushed and turned away. “Sure.” I held out my hand and Kuro took it with a little smile. She has really soft hands and elegant fingers. “Thanks.” We walked home holding hands. I don’t know why, but I liked it.

 

 

Kuro’s POV

 

 

“Thanks for walking me home.” I smiled. Kwangmin scratched his neck. “Its no big deal…” “Oh, wait, I need to give you something.” I took out the necklace that Youngmin gave me. “Can you return this to Youngmin please? I can’t keep it if I’m not his… girlfriend.” I stumbled on the word ‘girlfriend’ because I didn’t know if it was appropriate. Kwangmin took the necklace from me and nodded. His face was a little red, since we were standing so close together. I blushed. “Okay, I’m goi-” I was cut off by Kwangmin’s hand on my jaw line. I was so surprised I couldn’t say anything. His hands were so gentle. He lowered his face so it was about an inch from mine. My heart was beating so fast and I was frozen to the spot. He pulled my face forward and began to close the gap…

 

OMG WHAT"S GOING TO HAPPEN? Teehee subscribe to find out!!!