Chapter 16

Caged Birds

Kuro’s POV

 

 

Crap. I bit my lip nervously, wondering what the hell happened. Donghyun poke me in the shoulder. “Everything okay?” He asked. I showed him the message and looked at him with scared eyes. Donghyun pulled me into a hug that made me feel like a little girl again. “Go. I understand.” I gave him a grateful nod and jumped out the window.

 

Youngmin’s hair wasn’t hard to spot, especially with the half moon. When he said there, I knew he meant behind the abandoned clock tower. “What’s wrong?” I asked. Youngmin was still a bit stiff from the incident that happened today. “Those guys, they want revenge. Kwangmin has been in fights with them a lot lately. He’s in big trouble this time.” My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. Youngmin ran into the forest and I followed.

 

My heart was beating like crazy. I skidded to a stop when I saw Kwangmin being cornered by Minho, Key, Jonghyun and Onew. Taemin was standing to the side, watching the scene unfold. I snuck up behind Taemin and pulled her behind a tree. “What’s going on?” I hissed. Taemin looked sad. “They said they’re going to hurt Kwangmin really badly. Minho told me he doesn’t want to hurt Kwangmin, but he’s under their orders.” I bit my lip nervously. “Why doesn’t Minho just leave their group then?” Taemin smiled sadly. “I’ll keep it short. Onew loves me, but I love Minho. They got into a fight and Onew tried to kill us both. He said that Minho has to join them for my safety. He agreed.” Tears welled up in her eyes. “Please, can you help me?” I sighed. I had my own problem here, but I wasn’t the one to say no to someone in need. “Alright, we’ll form a plan that can save both Kwangmin and Minho.”

 

Taemin ran out and punched Onew in the face. “Leave me and my boyfriend alone!” she yelled. He grabbed her wrist. “You don’t want to do that.” Minho pushed Onew hard enough to make him fall down. “Don’t touch her.” He growled, his eyes glistening with anger. I signaled to Taemin to run away with Minho. She whispered something in Minho’s ear and they ran off.

 

I jumped out of a tree and landed on Jonghyun, pushing him into the ground. Youngmin was fighting the other one, dodging and landing blows. Jonghyun writhed under me, struggling to free himself. I made a mistake by letting his arms free, so punched me from underneath. I dodged by jumping off him, then doing a roundhouse kick to his head as soon as he got up. Jonghyun lay on the ground, dizzy. Youngmin had taken care Key and Onew, with help from Kwangmin. “Lets go before they get up!” Youngmin shouted. I started to run, but the sound of a gun clicking made me freeze. Youngmin was taken by surprise from Onew, who got up behind him and grabbed his wrists, immobilizing him. I looked around and saw that Jonghyun was the one with the gun. He pointed it at Kwangmin. “Where’s my money?” He demanded. Kwangmin growled. “I don’t owe you any money.” Jonghyun laughed, then his face got serious. “Yes, you do. I said I forgive you for all those times you fought and won against us if you give me your money.”

 

“He doesn’t owe anyone anything!” I screamed. “Leave us alone!” Jonghyun glanced at me, his eyes gleaming wickedly. “You know, you shouldn’t get into other people’s fights.” He looked back at Kwangmin. “I’m going to shoot you in 3…” My trembling legs began to run. They ran as fast as they could.

 

“2…” Every thing seemed to be in slow motion. I vaguely heard someone screaming my name. Youngmin maybe?

 

“1…” Jonghyun pressed the trigger, and the bullet sped towards Kwangmin.

 

Blood was spilled on the grass below. 

 

Thank you for staying with me for so long!! I've started up a new story about super junior and its a fic, its kinda sad and horror like but if you like that kind of stuff check it out!!

Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/68503/living-or-just-existing-angst-drama-eunhae-kihae-kyumin-superjunior-