Chapter 10

Caged Birds

Okay, since I haven't updated in a while, I bring you the DOUBLE UPDATE!!!! YEAH!

Sorry I'm strange :S

 

Kuro’s POV

 

 

I dragged Kwangmin to the night market, where people walked about happily, buying food and little knick-knacks. We were still holding hands, which made me blush, but thank goodness the cold winter air covered it up. I saw an accessory store, with couple hoodies, bracelets, necklaces, and headbands. “Let’s go in there!” I exclaimed. Kwangmin didn’t protest, so we went inside. I let go of his hand and began looking at the items. Kwangmin was staring intently at a pikachu hat with a lightning bolt tail. I giggled, making Kwangmin flinch. “What’s so funny?” he pouted. I shook my head and grabbed the hat off the rack. “I’ll buy it for you. Oh, let’s get couple tees and wear them to school tomorrow.” I held out a neon green hoodie with the outline of half a heart in a black puzzle piece. The other shirt was the same, but reversed, so if the couple stood side by side the heart would be complete. Kwangmin laughed took it out of my hand. “The colour looks like puke.” He grabbed a different shirt.

 

We spent 20 minutes trying to figure out which hoodies to get. In the end, we decided to get a black and white paw print hoodie. Kwangmin took the black with white paw and I took the white with black paw. I also took a white leather bracelet with silver studs in the shape of stars. We walked to the cashier to pay for our merchandise when we pulled out our wallets at the same time.

 

“I’m paying, remember?” I stuck out my tongue.

 

“I’m the dude, so I should pay.” Kwangmin smirked.

 

“I said I would pay for the Pikachu hat!”

 

“You said you would pay for the Pikachu hat, but you didn’t say you were paying for the rest.”

 

“But I’m paying for the bracelet, right? Cause I’m the one who wants it?”

 

“I’ll buy it for you, since you’re buying me the hat.”

 

“Then I’m paying for the hoodies.”

 

“No. I am.”

 

The amused cashier interrupted us. “Miss, you won’t win against your boyfriend. How about you pay for the hat and your hoodie, and Mister, you pay for the bracelet and your hoodie? That way, you both are buying something for yourself and the other person.” I blinked. Why didn’t I think of that? Kwangmin nodded and handed his money to the cashier. I handed him mines as well.

 

The night was beginning to darken, so we decided to head home. I had two chicken skewers in my hand, the other holding Kwangmin’s hand. “Hey let’s take a break at the park.” Kwangmin nodded and sat down on a park bench. Kwangmin looked at me and mumbled something. I tilted my head, not quite understanding what he was saying. “Umm… I… had fun today.” He blushed. His shyness made me laugh. “Yes. Let’s do this again some other time.” Kwangmin smiled his award-winning smile. “I’ll take you home, I guess?” he asked. I shook my head. “It’s okay, I have to go meet my brother somewhere.” I checked my phone. My eyes widened when I saw it was 8:30 pm. “Shoot,” I muttered, as I turned to Kwangmin, “I have to go now, I promised I’d meet him at 8:45. Thanks for everything, I had so much fun today.” I smiled apologetically, and grabbed my things. I stood up and was about to leave, but I was suddenly pulled backwards. Kwangmin crashed his lips into mine, causing me to freeze. Warmth spread through my body, as I closed my eyes and enjoyed the kiss. The kiss ended much too soon; I could still feel his touch lingering on my lips. He stared at me with loving eyes. My heart fluttered because an image of Youngmin popped into my head. It made my chest hurt, thinking about the other twin. Those loving eyes turned into sad eyes. I was about to ask him why he looked so sad, but he said, “Wear your shirt tomorrow, I’ll wear mine.” I was still dazed so I just nodded. When my brain finally started working again, Kwangmin was gone.