Chapter 13

Caged Birds

Kwangmin’s POV

 

 

Helping out with the school festival was becoming a tiring job, especially since the other student’s needed so much stuff. At least I got to spend time with Kuro. I checked my locker calendar. February 14th… FEBRUARY 14th!!! Aish, I forgot; I didn’t even get Kuro anything! Let’s see what do girls like… chocolate? Jewelry? Someone tapped me on the shoulder.  I turned around to see Kuro, a piece of bread in . “Ee haf to go bfy some shtuf fu de costomf pepfle.” She mumbled around the bread. I took the bread out of . “Say that again.” I laughed. “We have to go buy some stuff for the costume people!” She waved some papers in my face. I stuck the bread back in and read over the list. “Should we go today after school then?” An annoyed Kuro twitched her eyebrow. “Okay. Meet me at my locker. And don’t be late!” The bell rang and she ran off.

 

During lunch, I sped off to the nearby mall and walked into a gift shop. There were stuffies hanging off walls, on shelves, and piled in corners, plus cute folders, pencils, and other random stuff. This was like a treasure trove of gifts that a guy could choose for a girl. The question was, which one to choose…

 

A girl who looked about 20 walked up to me. “Hi, are you looking for a gift?” I blinked, then nodded. “What kind of gift are you looking for?” I thought for a moment. Kuro was the type of girl who likes things that usually someone wouldn’t like… Then again, she also likes stuffies… “A stuffed animal of some sort.” Suddenly, light bulb! “Do you have angry birds? The black one?” The lady smiled. “Of course. Right this way.” She led me to the back of the store, where many Angry Birds were kept. “Which one would you like? I recommend this one, it’s just the right size, and it just got shipped in.” She picked up a medium sized red bird and tossed it around. I ignored her and scanned the shelves. Most of them were red… Finally, I found a big black one sitting in the shadows, concealed by other brightly coloured birds. I picked it up. “I’ll take this one.” I said. The sales lady looked at me funny for a second, then brought me over to the cashier to pay for it. After I was finished, I rushed back to school.

 

 

Kuro’s POV

 

 

We were just dismissed from another boring class full of lectures; Youngmin, Minwoo and I went our separate ways to our lockers. I was bumped hard in the shoulder, causing me to fall and drop all my books. I picked up my books, hearing laughter from behind me. I stood up to face the girls who pushed me down. “I’m sorry, but could you please watch where you’re going next time? I would appreciate it.” I smiled sweetly. The leader girl scoffed. She was the queen bee of this school, and she stated that she “called” Youngmin. “Why should I?” She smirked. “You keep stealing MY man.” I kept my poker face. “He isn’t YOUR man. He’ll choose who’s man he wants to be.” Ms. Queen Bee, Clara stepped forward and smiled sweetly. “He will choose me, not you. Because you broke his heart.” My smiled disappeared. “How did you know about that?” “I know everything, bug.” She attempted to push me down, but I stood my ground and smirked. “There’s no way that Youngmin will love dirt like you. He doesn’t give out his love that easily.” I pushed back, making Clarafall. She shrieked angrily. He little posse helped her up, and I was about to take my leave, when she screamed, “If you don’t hand Youngmin over, I’m going to expose your relationship with Kwangmin!” I stopped and chuckled. “There must be some misund-” “That’s okay, because we are in a relationship.”

 

 

Kwangmin’s POV

 

 

 

“That’s okay, because we are in a relationship.” I said. Did I just say that? Anyway, Ms. Queen Bee whipped around to see who it was. “Oh, haha, its you.” Clara said nervously. Even the almighty was scared of me. I guess I had some satisfaction in this. Kuro opened , but I shot her a glance that said, “Shush, I’ll take care of things.” I looked back at Clara with a death glare. “No one will ever truly love a girl like you, especially guys. Leave my brother, me, and Kuro alone, and don’t ever come back.” Clara gulped and backed away, her steps getting faster. As she passed Kuro, she hissed, “You’ll regret this. Everyone will know you’re a cheater!” “Sure, but I’m not as low as you.” Kuro sneered. As she turned the corner I heard her shriek in frustration. Kuro walked up to me with a confused look in her face. “Why did you say that?” I sighed. Here goes nothing. “Want this? Er.. I mean… Happy, uhh… Valentine’s Day!” I the gift bag into Kuro and hoped for the best. Her eyes widened and stretched out into a grin as she took out what was inside. “Oh my gosh I was looking for one of these!!” She wrapped her arms around my neck, surprising me so much that I just froze. My arms slowly wandered to her waist, hugging her back. I had my line ready, but it was like going on stage and performing. It was nothing like rehearsal. “I… I love you.”

 

Gehehehehe~~~ How's this for yas? You like? Or not? Answer the poll please!!! I want to know your opinion on it :)

Kwangmin: Geez, I can't belive I just said those things O.O

Youngming: HOLY IS SHE GOING TO SAY YES OR NO???? Damn.... *buries face in pillow*

Hyunmin: Reichi unnie must have guts to say no to Youngmin. Oh well, hope everything goes well :3

Author: Oh, my... you twins *giggle*