Chapter 5

Caged Birds

Hello again! Thank you for those who subscribed a commented! Please comment, telling me whether or not you liked it :) This chapter is going to be a bit long, I hope you can understand. I had to fit a lot in T.T Anyway, read on!! XD

 

 

Kuro’s POV

 

 

Winter sun streaked through the blinds onto my face, waking me up. I was wrapped up in a blanket, warm and comfortable. The ice on my stomach had been removed, and the bruise seemed much better. It still kinda hurt to move, so I rolled to face the other side of the bed. Wait, whose bed is this? I see a Pikachu stuffy and a Pikachu clock, sitting on the desk. Then I saw the sleeping face of Kwangmin. I try to recall last night’s events, and realize that he must have fallen asleep while taking care of me. I blushed when I caught myself staring at his face. I giggled. He looks so angelic when he’s asleep. I nudged him softly. “Wake up.” He stirred slightly. “Wake up!” I pushed him a little harder. “Aigoo… I’m awake, I’m awake.” He grumbled as he sat up. He wasn’t wearing a shirt, so I could see how well defined his abs were. “Did you sleep well?” He asked. I nodded. “Good, cause Youngmin said he wants to take you out or something.” He got up and put a shirt on. I was a little disappointed, cause I wanted to spend time with everybody. Oh well.

 

I got changed and went to the kitchen. Youngmin’s house was like a second home; I came here so often that the maids knew me too. The twins were already there, Youngmin sipping milk and Kwangmin gobbling up some waffles. The maid came and put a peanut butter and honey sandwich in front of me. I nodded my thanks. They already knew what I like to eat. “Kuro, you wanna go out today?” Youngmin asked. “I was planning on going shopping, then going out to eat, and we could go see the Christmas lights and stuff too! I’ve invited Minwoo and his girlfriend, you know the one that he liked for a long time,” he winked, “And Jeongmin and Hyunseong too. Oh and Kwangmin too.” Kwangmin chewing slowed down as he listened to what his brother was saying. “Sure, sounds like fun!” I said happily. Youngmin beamed. “Great! Then I’ll see you at 1!”

 

 

Youngmin’s POV

 

 

I was thinking about how today might go down, and realized that Kwangmin might get in the way. I can tell that he has developed feelings for Kuro as well. “Hey Kwangmin.” I said. He looked at me blankly. “You know I’m going to tell her today right?” He nodded. “Let’s make a deal. Whichever one of us doesn’t get her has to be happy for the other one.” I stated. Kwangmin frowned. “Who says I like her?” I rolled my eyes. “I can tell. You guys were in the same bed this morning.” Kwangmin growled. “Not in that sense. I wouldn’t do something like that to her.” I shrugged and got up from the table. “You better not. I warned you already. If you touch her, I will kill you.” Kwangmin glared at me but didn’t say anything.

 

 

Snow was piled on the sides of the streets and sidewalks, and couples and families were walking up and down the streets happily chatting with each other. I loved Christmas. It was so happy. “Youngmin!” I turned and saw Kuro waving at me. She had white snow boots, black skinny jeans, and a black jacket that reached just above her knees. She wore a hat with big fluffy cat ears and pompoms. A white scarf was wrapped around her neck. “Hey you.” She smiled. She looked so cute I was speechless for a second. “Hey you too. Let’s go meet the others now, shall we?” I took her hand and led her to where we were going to meet the others.

 

The others were in front of the park and dressed like they were going to a winter photo shoot. I guess we all looked like that, since bunches of girls were staring and squealing. Minwoo was flanked by a shy looking girl with long brown hair and big bright eyes. She was Asian, but looked more mixed. “I see you finally got her.” I said to Minwoo. He nodded happily and kissed her on the head. She blushed and tried to turn away. Kwangmin was standing a little behind everyone else. He looked bored. “So where do you guys wanna go first?” I asked them. They all threw out ideas and we decided to do all of them.

 

 

Kuro’s POV

 

 

The day was filled with shopping, snowball fights, and it was amazing. I haven’t felt so free for a long time. Youngmin knew me pretty well, since we went to a lot of the places that I liked. Even Kwangmin tried to get into the spirit and helped the others pick out clothes and choose stuff to eat. At the end of the day, I was laden with happy memories. The rest of the group had already left, and I was about to leave too. “Wait. I need to say something to you.” I walked with Youngmin under the streetlights. “Did you have fun today?” He asked. “Of course!” I said happily. “Anybody would.” He smiled. “Can I ask you some stuff?” He said, a little hesitantly. I frowned. “Sure…” He paused for a second, and then looked at me. “What do you think of Kwangmin?” I thought for a moment. “He’s cool. You know, his personality is kinda closed off, but I think that if he were better at expressing his feelings he would definitely make a really good friend.” Youngmin looked forward and paused again.

“What do you think of me?”

“You’re my best friend.”

“That’s it?”

“Yeah. What else am I supposed to say?”

“Umm… Adjectives?”

“Why are you even asking?”

He led me into the park and stopped in a clearing. There was a thick layer of snow on the ground, and the moon shone brightly, making the scene like a winter wonderland. Youngmin reached into his pocket and pulled out a little box with a bow on it. “Open it.” He held out the box. I took it from him and removed the lid. Inside was a necklace with a metal outline of a heart and a sparkling diamond on the inside. When I looked up, I saw that Kwangmin was holding the key necklace in his hand. “I’ve been wanting to ask you this for a long time,” he began. “Ever since I met you actually, and I think you’re the most beautiful girl in the world. I remember every moment I’m with you, and uh…” He looked down and laughed. “I’m rambling aren’t I? I guess I’ll just get to the point.” He took a deep breath. “Will you be my girlfriend?” 

 

OMG WHAT WILL KURO SAY?!!? I know, but you don't, so if you want to know, you'll have to subscribe and wait for the next chapter teehee XD Thank you for reading so far!!