Cha: 007

[DISCONTINUED] That Corner Hides a Pair of Eyes

I  woke up to the feeling of breathlessness

 

I looked to my left to see woohyun sleeping next to me.
 
"It was all just a dream . . Thank goodness" i mumbled.
I dont think i can bear to see Sungyeol-hyung without his eyes. It feels wrong.
I really need to see him now, i feel worried.
 
"Yah" i heard someone said, it was woohyun.
"Why are you awake? Arent you supposed to be sleeping?" He asked while scrunching his eyes. "Are you having a nightmare?" 
 
Aishh . . He knows me too well.
"No" i lied." I just want to see what time it is, you should go back to sleep." I said.
"Okay" he answered. 
He went back to sleep and suddenly hugged me tight. 
I felt my cheeks hot and sat there with no words to say.
He looks peaceful when he sleep, he looks like someone else actually.
Someone . . Happy.
 
I finally decided to go back to sleep while hugging Woohyun back. When i glanced at him, he smiled. He must be having a nice dream. 
________________________________________________________
 
I woke up with the familiar gentle tap in my shoulders. Woohyun.
He was wearing a school uniform and is currently carrying his bag.
 
"Nee, i'll go to school now" he said. I just nodded and immediately went back to sleep. I felt him smile and he ruffled my hair before leaving. 
I heard the door close and remembered something, i need to see Sungyeol.
I immediately sat up and threw the duvet off of me. I sat in the edge of the bed, and even though i know the consequences, i stood up but immediately fell down. Just like in the dream. I stood up and leaned at the wall for support and breathe heavily. I yanked the dextrose out and covered my mouth to muffle the sound of my scream. I grabbed the first aid kit that Dr. Kang left and went to the balcony to feel the salty wind. My wound stung because of the salt in the wind, but either way, i dressed my wound perfectly. I turned around to see Noel carrying a tray of food.  
 
' i must have done all this too early, he was suppose to come here before i did all of this.' I thought.
 
He laid down the tray at the oak table and crossed his arms.
"Sir? Aren't you suppose to be in bed?" He asked.
I dont want to lie again, he'll just catch me doing it again.
"Noel-ah."  I called out.
"Yes sir?" 
"Can you do me a favor? I need to see someone." I said. 
"Why sir? You do know you're not allowed to go out, you need rest."
"But . . I just want to know if he's fine." 
"Then i'll just send someone to see him then" 
"No" i firmly said. "I need to see him myself." 
He sternly looked at me, and i held my gaze.
I need to see hyung no matter-what. 
 
He sighed. "Fine, i'll take you to that person"
I smiled at him and said "thankyou" 
 
We rode the car that Noel fetched, and i told him the same things 
"Lets go to my house, i think i'll remember it if i go back" 
Of course Noel was worried, but i assured him everything will be fine.
 
We arrived at my torture house and took the key where i hid it and opened the door. The place looked the same just like in my dream. 
I walked upstairs to my room, to find it with the familiar blood spatters and stains. I laid my head against the wall and just as expected, Noel came.
 
"Sir, are you alright?" He asked. I nodded.
"If you say so . . Anyway, i'll go pick up your clothes since you'll be staying at the Nam mansion from now on anyway." 
'I will?!' I yelled at myself.
 
Noel went to my closet and started taking my clothes out. I snuck past him and the smoking driver outside and ran as fast as i could to Sungyeol-hyung.
I went to that alley again and saw the beautiful sight of the sea. Without stopping, i turned to my left and went to Sungyeol-hyung's shop. I stoped when i was by the shop's door. I peered my ears through the door but heard nothing.
I waited and waited and still nothing. I was worried and i hastily opened the door to see Seungyeol . . Cooking.
 
He's fine.
 
"Oh" he said when he noticed me. "Sunggyu-ah, its been awhile. Why did you visit my shop just now?" He asked. I was just stunned. 
 
"Yah, why are you silent? Is there something wrong?" 
 
"HYUNG!!" I screamed and ran towards him and hugged him tightly. 
 
"Yah . . What's wrong? Its like you thought i was dead or something."
 
"H-hyung . . " i stuttered. "I t-thought h-he did s-something b-bad to you" 
 
I can feel his warm smile and he patted my back.
 
"Well . . He did tried to slice my eyes off, but its a good thing i covered my face with my right arm."
I pulled away from my hug and looked at his right arm. Almost his entire arm's bandaged. 
 
"H-hyung . . I'm sorry." I said.
 
He ruffled my hair and said "its alright, it was just a scratch."
 
"I'm sorry . . "  
 
"Yah . . Its really fine, as long as i can still cook, then its alright." He said "anyway, what happened to you? You look better than the last time i saw you. It seems you've been taking care of yourself now. Nee~ why dont we talk over a bowl of ramen?" He said, i see he's still talkative as ever, i'm glad to see he's fine.
 
He made me sit in the counter chairs and served me a bowl of ramen.
I smiled at the delicious smell, Sungyeol-hyung sure knows how to cook.
 
"So, what happened to you?" He asked while leaning at the counter.
"An angel saved me hyung." I simply said while slurping on some noodles.
Sungyeol-hyung ruffled my hair."aigoo . . Gyu is so metaphoric!!" 
I smiled at him. 
"Tell me more" he said.
 
I told him everything. From woohyun to my 5 week chemical induced coma and my bad dream about him. He looked worried when he found out about my state before, but i assured him that i'm fine. 
 
"Ahh . .so that's why you didnt come here for so long, and i thought you hated my ramen." He said.
 
"I can never hate your ramen hyung, its too good." I said. 
"Aishh . . Gyu-ah, you're lying to hyung, thats bad."
"But i'm not lying hyung, it delicious." And i smiled at him.
He painfully pinched my cheeks and said "Gyuuuuuu . . You're toooo cuuuttteee"
"Yah!" I said and slapped his hands away. "I'm not cute!" I told him. 
"Sure . . Sure . . Deny deny." 
"But its true!" 
 
We spent the day talking and eating ramen. Every time a costumer arrives, Sungyeol-hyung would cut our chat and serve the costumer. But ultimately, as time flew by, more and more costumers came and i was forced to help Sungyeol-hyung with his work. At first he said no, but i'm a stubborn person so he eventually said yes. If i may say, Sungyeol-hyung and i work great with each other. We were in perfect sync when it comes to handling out and giving in orders. There were alot of people that day, and i felt myself getting dizzy and tired, but it was worth it. 
 
We served costumers until it got late. I cleaned the tables while Sungyeol-hyung clean the kitchen. I slump down on a chair when i was done. 
 
"Gyu-ah, you sure did worked hard today. We surprisingly made alot of money." He said.
"Oh really? Thats good to hear." 
"Yeah, i feel really ashamed now for making you work until this late at night I'm sorry." 
'Late at night?' I thought.
"Hyung what time is it?" I asked.
"Almost midnight." He answerd "i'm sorry gyu-ah." 
 
Midnight  . . Oh no, i made Noel wait this long?!! 
I immediately stood up despite feeling dizzy and said "hyung i'm sorry but i need to go now." 
"Oh, yeah. You should, i'm sorry." 
I immediately ran out from the shop and ran towards my long-forgotten hell.
 
The car isn't there anymore and the house was dark. 
I guess they went out to look for me.
I decided to go inside the house because it was getting cold, when suddenly, i heard the sound of something breaking. 
 
I gathered up all my courage and opened the door with trembling hands.
It was dark, but you can see that someone's inside holding something sharp. 
I froze. I've had enough of those sharp things, and i don't want to see one now.
Those sharp things remind me of my torturous days in this house with him. 
 
The figure looked at me and ran towards me. I stumbled down but the figure ran past me.  I thought he was going to kill me. Thank goodness he didn't.
 
I breathe heavily when i suddenly feel someone touching my shoulders.
 
Hoya.
 
This cant be good.
 
"Nee~ its been awhile, where have you been?" He mockingly asked.
I didnt answer.
He crouched down beside me and poked my forehead "YAH!! ARE YOU DEAF?!! YOU'RE NOT LISTENING AGAIN!!!" 
 
I only looked at him, he looks drunk.
He grabbed my collar and put our faces closer, he has that scary gaze.
 
"You know, Sunggyu-ah . . I hate you. I hate you very much."
"I know . . I'm sorry" i said.
"Do you think your sorry will bring her back? No, it wont. Do you know what day it is today? Its our anniversary . . OUR ANNIVERSARY!!! "
"I'm sorry . . " 
"You deserve to die gyu-ah. You deserve to disappear." 
He let go his grip with his left hand and grabbed something from his pocket.
 
A knife.
 
My eyes widen with the thing he's holding. He put the knife close to my face and ran the dull part of the knife against my skin. It felt cold. I shudder.
 
"Gyu-ah, you need to die like she did . . "
I gasp with what he said. 
 
Will i really die tonight? 
When i thought i can finally be free? 
When someone finally cares? 
When i found someone to care for? 
When i'm starting to be happy?
Does the world hate me that much? To the point that it'd take me away when i'm already near paradise?
Why? 
 
Hoya pushed me down the ground and started tearing my clothes off.
I was about to stop him when he suddenly grabbed both of my wrists and pinned me down. He then started to kiss my neck harshly, biting my skin in the process. 
 
Die like she did . . 
She was before dad stabbed her.
 
. .
 
Oh no.
 
His kisses and touches were painful. I wanted him to stop but he was stronger. 
I tried to pull away, but his grip only got stronger.
 
"S-stop!" I yelled. 
 
He looked at me and shot me a death glare. He wanted me to shut up.
I can only look back in horror.
He immediately stood up and grabbed me by my hair and pulled me inside the house. He locked the door and threw me at the wall. I cant fight back, i feel weak. I slump down the floor, he grabbed my wrists again and continued his rough touches. I shake my head when he kisses my neck. 
But, there's something unexpected that he did. 
He kissed me.
 
My eyes widen. As he hungrily devour my lips, i can feel tears forming in my eyes. 
I want him to stop. I want him to stop so bad. 
I tried to move my wrists to push him away but he grabbed it tighter and kissed harder. He pulled away, and catch his breath.
 
"I didn't know you tasted so sweet Gyu-ah." He said, with lust in his eyes.
"P-please . . S-stop. Hoya . . I'm sorry . . Please stop." 
He evilly smiled "why should i? When you taste so good Gyu-ah." He said.
I hit my head against the wall and let the tears fall. I want to forget. 
This is not real. Its just a dream. 
He kissed my lips again and devoured them, despite it being red and swollen.
His kisses trailed down to my neck and to my chest. I moan.
"S-stop!!!" I yelled, but he didn't.
 
He then looked at me with such evil eyes. His eyes says 'I'll do more . . ' 
He started to unbuckle my belt but I tried to pull his hands away. 
I ended up getting punched. I feel very tired and weak. I couldnt do anything in the end.
 
It hurts. It hurts everywhere.
________________________________________________________
 
Hoya let me go when he was done. 
"you were delicious Gyu-ah." He said while his lips.
Those words made me feel disgusting. I'm filthy.
My clothes are now thorned and  bloody. 
My back hurts and i limp when i walk. He was too rough and unforgiving. 
I walked away from my house, but he stayed with his evil smile.
Now, i walk aimlessly along the quiet neighborhood, crying to myself. 
I sniff and wipe my tears while feeling weak and stupid. 
My chest hurts, i cant take this much longer. 
 
I walked and walked until i bumped into someone.
 
Dr. Kang
 
He immediately pulled me into a hug and caressed my head.
He pulled away and stared at me. "Sunggyu-ah, what happened to you?" He worriedly asked. I didn't answer.
"You're clothes are all tattered, and theres blood . . Dont tell me you've been . . "
I just nodded and cried harder. 
Dr. Kang pulled me into a tight hug again. 
Its really painful. I cant take it anymore. 
 
I started breathing heavily, my heart is overworking. 
I felt myself getting weak and i fell on my knees, but Dr. Kang caught me. 
He sighed, carried me bridal style and carried me into his car and we drove home.
"I'm sorry." I said.
"For what?" He asked.
"For b-burdening y-you" i said.
"You're not a burden to me Sunggyu. I do this because i want to help."
"I'm really sorry"
He ruffled my hair "now, think of something else. We dont want you overworking your heart again. Think happy thoughts."
 
And i did. I thought of the times when i still had friends and a happy family. 
The time when she was alive. When all is good. 
 
I feel my eyes getting heavy and i slept on the car because i was feeling tired. 
I woke up after later in a familiar room in different clothes.
 
Woohyun's room.  
 
I looked to my left to see Woohyun hugging my waist with swollen eyes. 
He must have been crying.  
I removed woohyun's arm, carefull not to wake him up. 
I suddenly had the urge to roam around, and so I carefully stood up despite feeling dizzy and somehow, managed to make my way to the mansion library. 
I miss reading books. I thought maybe reading something might take my mind off of awful things.
 
But Dr. Kang was there, surrounded with stacks of thick books and is currently copying something from a book.
I just stood there quiet. I don't know what to say.
Dr. Kang looked at the door and saw me standing by it. He smiled, stood up, and gestured me to come inside. 
But i couldn't, i was ashamed.
 
He stood up and ushered me in inside the library. I only followed him with my head down. He made me sit in a chair and he sat across me.
 
"Sunggyu, what happened?" He asked in a calm voice.
I didn't answer. 
"Sunggyu-ah, you have to tell someone to feel better. You need to let it out." He said.
I grabbed the hem of my shirt, i have the sudden feeling to grab something because i feel like i'll disappear if i don't. I remember everything so clearly. His touches, and rough kisses. I hate it. I want to forget it. Why am i so weak? 
 
He patted my shoulders and sighed. 
 
"Please? You need to help yourself." 
I hung my head trying to find the perfect words to say. 
 
"Alright, i'll tell you." I finally said after much debate. "I'll tell you everything, from where the bruises started to what happened a while ago. Its going to be a long night i hope you don't mind "
 
"I wont, as long as it would make you better."
 
"Thankyou" 
________________________________________________________
 
I woke up to see a pillow in my arms, not Sunggyu, but a pillow.
 
I started to panic.
 
Earlier today, I over heard Hoya that he'd hunt Sunggyu down today and 'punish' him. But i didn't really care because i know Sunggyu would be safe because he's with me, but when i got home, I saw Noel looking like he was hiding something, something i shouldn't know. I became suspicious.
 
"He disappeared sir"
"What?!!"
"He wanted to see someone, so we went to his house because he said he'd remember if he goes back. I took his clothes while we were there, but then he disappeared when I turned around." 
"We need to find him" i said "i overheard Hoya saying that he'd do something bad"
We rushed to the car and drove to Sunggyu's house. We searched around the neighborhood but still didn't find him. We started searching around the city but didn't catch a single glimpse of him. We looked everywhere, even in the woods, but still didn't find him.
 
Its already late at night and still no sign of him. 
This is bad, i started to panic.
 
"Sir, we need to go home now, its getting late." Noel said, snapping me out of my worried trance.
"I need to find him" i said
"Sir, you need to go home. I'll ask our men to keep looking. You need to rest."
"I need to see him breathing." I said.
"And you will sir, but please. Its getting late, you need to go home."
I sighed, i do feel quite tired. Its been a long day.
"I guess i should" i said.
 
We drove home without another word. My thoughts were floating away. 
What if he's gone? What if Hoya did 'punished' him? What if . . What if. . 
 
I entered my cold room and laid face-down.
I'm really worried and so i started crying my eyes out, i buried my face at a pillow to muffle my sobs, but i still couldn't help but cry harder.
 
I was about to fall asleep when i suddenly heard my phone rang.
 
"H-hello?" I said
"Ah, woohyun-ah this is Dr. Kang. I have a good news and a bad news.
The good news is that i found Sunggyu s-"
"What?!" I yelled, putting my sleepiness away.
"Yes woohyun-ah, i found him, so meet me at the mansion's entrance. I'm on my way and i'm with him." 
 
I immediately grabbed my cardigan and went straight to the mansion's entrance, despite my eyes feeling puffy from all the crying.
I ran down the staircase and opened the giant doors, to see Dr. Kang  carrying the sleeping Sunggyu on his back. I was so relieved to finally have seen him, but something seemed wrong. He looks hurt.
His clothes are all thorned and he has blood in his pants.  
 
"What happened to him?" I asked.
"Thats the bad news . . " Dr. Kang said. "I'll tell you later but for now, lets take him to your room" 
 
I followed Dr. Kang from behind while caressing Sunggyu's back.
This . . This is just awful.
When will this be over? 
I hate seeing him like this.
 
Dr. Kang laid Sunggyu in the bed. He grabbed clothes from my closet and started taking his clothes off.
 
The sudden action of Dr. kang surprised me, 
I tried to look away but instead, felt my cheeks getting hot. I couldn't look away, he looks too perfect. I saw his milky white and flawless skin. 
And his lips . . Those perfect cherry colored yet swollen lips . . oh how i wanted to taste them. 
 
Dr. Kang started taking Sunggyu's pants off, i widen my eyes and turned around while biting my lower lip. 
 
I'm having bad thoughts.
 
I'm trying to restraint myself from doing something inappropriate but he looks really beautiful and vulnerable, its really getting hard to stop myself. 
 
I turned around to see Sunggyu fully dressed.
 
Dammit.
 
"Woohyun-ah" called Dr. Kang, snapping me from my lust full trance. 
"What happened to your lower lip?" He asked.
I touched my lower lip to find blood in my fingers. I must have bit my lip too hard.
 
"Uhh . . I dont know." I answered. 
Dr. Kang smiled like he's seen a child lie.
 
"What happened to him?" I asked.
"He's been ually assaulted." He bluntly said.
"Huh? What?!!" 
Dr. Kang sighed. "Woohyun-ah protect him, do anything you can to protect him. This has become too much." 
 
I feel bad now. I had such bad thoughts of him. I didn't know that happened to him. Its a good thing i was able to restrain myself a little before i could traumatize him again. I feel stupid.
 
"Yes . . I will protect him." 
Dr. Kang nodded with a pleasing smile. "If you need me, i'll be in the mansion's library." 
 
I sat at the edge of the bed and eyed the sleeping Sunggyu, He had his eyebrows knitted. I laid beside him and hugged his waist. I listened to his calming heartbeat and smiled to myself. 
 
"I'm sorry for having bad thoughts" i said. "Its just that . . You really look beautiful Gyu-ah, i want you to be mine." I smiled to myself again, I feel silly.
 
I slept with no worries but later on, woke up without him in my arms.
I immediately sat up.  
 
I ran towards the mansion's library to alert Dr. Kang. When suddenly, i heard the sound of someone crying.
 
"Its alright" i heard someone say, Dr. Kang.
"B-but i-its t-true!" Said a familiar voice, Sunggyu.
 
I peered into the mansion's library door to see Sunggyu crying while clutching his chest. I can only look at him cry. He look like he was in pain, and so i mindlessly started to cry too. My feet dragged me towards the crying Sunggyu. i feel like he needed me.
I held his shoulders from behind with both of my hands and i feel him flinch. 
 
Dr. Kang looked at me as i held Sunggyu and said. "I'll leave you two."
and so he stood up and walked away without another word.
 
I closed my eyes and breathed in, then I hugged Sunggyu while resting my head on his shoulders. I held his hand, his hand that was clutching his chest and put it down. 
"Sunggyu-ah." I softly said. "Everything will be fine." 
 
He sobbed "W-woohyun-ah . . G-gomawo." He said. Those words made me smile. It shows that my efforts aren't wasted. 
 
I let go of my grip from his hands and walked to his front, i crouched down and faced him.
"Sunggyu-ah, lets go to sleep. I'm sure you're tired." 
He nodded. I helped him get up and we walked towards my room. 
I was smiling to myself, but he had his head down and looked depressed. 
"Yah" i called "what's wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing's wrong." He said, and faked a smile.
 
Liar. He's really not good with the faking a smile thingy. He needs improvement, but then again, it was stupid of me to ask that. Of course something's wrong! He went home late at night with thorned and bloodied clothes. Stupid . 
 
Sunggyu immediately plopped down in bed and slept.
I covered him with the duvet and patted his back. I looked at him, and he looks so cute and i don't even know why! I couldn't control myself and so i tightly hugged him. I can feel him flinch, i must have startled him.
 
"Why woohyun?" He asked.
"No reason" i childishly said. "You just look cute."
He turned around and blinked a few times. I just flashed him my greasy smile.
I saw his face turn red when i smiled at him, he averted his head and didn't look back. I tackled him down and rubbed my cheeks against his arm.
 
"Gyu-Gyu!!" I yelled 
"Y-yah!" He shouted. "W-what is wrong w-with y-you?!" 
I pouted and  looked at him and saw his face turn redder. I giggled at him and continued rubbing my cheeks against his arm while yelling "Gyu-Gyu!"
He tried to push me away but he has no strength and so, i stayed on top of him.
 
"W-Woohyun-ah" he called out, sounding desperate. 
"Why?" I stopped and asked. 
"It t-tickles . . S-stop . . " 
I stared at him wide-eyed. He is indeed cute, he's not even trying. 
 
"Please?" He cutely pleaded.
 
Oh my gawd, the cuteness . . This is too much!! 
My bad thoughts are returning again. I must stop myself, but he looks so-
What am i thinking?! 
 
I removed myself from Sunggyu and laid down on my side of the bed.
 
'Oh gawd, woohyun-ah, stop yourself!' I mentally yelled to myself.
I turned my back from him and forced myself to sleep, but the thing is, i cant.
Not when there's a beautiful and completely vulnerable person next to you.
 
I felt Sunggyu tap my shoulder, i didn't answer.
He tapped my shoulder again but I still didn't answer. 
Bad things might happen if I do. 
 
"Woohyun-ah" he called. "I'm sorry if I upset you. I didn't mean to." 
He had his back facing me. I mentally face-palmed myself.
"No" i finally answered "you didn't made me upset. I just suddenly feel tired thats all." 
"Oh . . Well, i guess you should sleep now." He said
"I guess i should." I answered. 
 
The rest of the night was incredibly awkward. Blame my dark thoughts.
I didn't mean to make the night awkward. Its just he looks so- 
oh my gawd, here I go again. 
 
"Sunggyu-ah." I called out. "I'm sorry, it was my fault."
"Your fault? How?" He asked, it seems that he isn't asleep yet.
"Uhh . . I wont tell you, its embarrassing, but i'm sorry."  I said.
"Embarrassing? Why? What were you thinking?" 
"I wont tell. besides,Its getting really late now, we should sleep." I said, trying to change the subject of conversation.
 
I made myself comfortable in  bed while my dark thoughts float away, when suddenly, i felt a pair of arms in my waist and a face against my back.
 
"Yeah" he said "i guess we should" 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
please comment, subscribe, and upvote.