Cha: 006

[DISCONTINUED] That Corner Hides a Pair of Eyes

 

The sound of rain echoing in the abandoned warehouse surprisingly sounded like symphony to my ears.
Its days like these when i want to curl up in a ball and sleep until the next day.
Life was perfect for me.
I had friends and someone to love.
Sadly, i lost my love to my best friend, but their happiness matters to me more, so i let them be merry and gave them my blessing.
But when i found out that she didn't like me the way i do, i cried. 
 
Then i realized, their happiness means more to me, so i moved on.
I like to see smiles in their faces, it makes me feel all warm inside.
It was all perfect, until he ruined everything. 
Lust . . I hate that word.
It ruined my life.
 
That night of november 17 made me realize something.
I'm a coward.
________________________________________________________
 
I woke up to see the sky dark, with the moon and stars in their places.
Then i felt something fleshy in my arms. Sunggyu, i was hugging Sunggyu . . .
 
I felt my cheeks hot and pulled away from the hug, only to realize that Sunggyu was holding my arm, preventing me from letting go.
 
Do you know that feeling when you like it but you don't? Well, i'm having that feeling right now. 
 
I looked at the clock on the bedside table to see the time. 10:47 
We must have been asleep all day, but guess what . . I'm still sleepy.
 
I felt my eyes getting heavy and so I slept again.
________________________________________________________
 
//noel's POV
 
The phone rang in the mansion's library.
Honestly, why would someone put a noisy phone in a library when its suppose to be quiet. Rich people . . 
 
I came over the phone and answered it.
"Nam residence, how may i help you?"
"Noel-ah, stop being so formal . . Its me, Woohyun's favorite cousin."
"Oh, its you sir. How can i help you?" 
"Noel-ah" he said in a lazy voice "i'll visiting cousin in 2 weeks. I miss him"
 
Okay . .that was odd coming from him, he never missed master-Woohyun
 
"Are you in trouble again sir?" I asked
"Well . . Yeah" he tiringly said. " anyway, i'll be there in 2 weeks, i think i'll stay for a year because i miss him soooo much.
I want to be near him so i'll go to the school where he's currently going. Pick me up at the airport ok? Bye~"
 
The line went dead.
 
"My God, so demanding" i mummbled.
I grabbed my planner near the table and scribbled down the new schedule, and here i am thinking that i would do nothing on that day. I like serving the Nam family, but people also need rest.
 
I went back to my chair to view the recently-found scattered papers.
I looked inside a folder only to realize that a page is missing.
________________________________________________________
 
I woke up with a light tap in my shoulders. I flinched, usually its followed by a brass knuckle or a broken bottle, but today, today's different. Its just a gentle tap.
 
I opened my eyes to see woohyun dressed in school uniform, it must be monday today. I slowly sat up and scrunched my eyes. 
 
"I'm going to school today ok? Dr. Kang said you can go to school after 3 days." I just nodded, he smiled.
 
"I'll be back before you know it. I'll go now, bye!" He went out of the door while carrying his backpack. And then . . . silence.
 
Noel came in minutes after woohyun left with a tray of food.
The first meal i'll eat after 5 weeks of sleeping, surprisingly, i dont feel hungry.
I still ate though, because i am in no position to say no.
 
I sat in the bed all day while staring outside the balcony with the stunning view of the sea. 
 
The sea . .
 It feels familiar, and then i remember.
That rainy day, in that painfull day, with bowls of ramen and his undying concern for a stranger.
 
Lee Sungyeol.
 
My eyes widen when i remember him.
How did i forget? 
The last memory that i have of him, was his terrifying scream.
Uncle . . Uncle must have done something wrong with him. 
I need to see him.
Now.
 
I remove the duvet that covers my body and sat in the edge of the bed.
I stretched my neck and took a deep breathe to relieve some of the tension.
I slowly stood up but fell down. My body feels heavy.
I tried standing up again while leaning against the wall for support.
I breathe heavily from all that.
I closed my eyes before looking at the ceiling, before yanking the dextrose out of my arm.
I covered my mouth with my hand to muffle the sound of my scream.
Then that red hot liquid started running down my arm. 
I stared at it for awhile, remembering the times when something like this happens. Sometimes it runs down from my head, my leg, my arm, and yes, my wrist.
 
I grabbed the first aid kit that Dr. Kang left yesterday when he visited me.
I went to the balcony to feel the salty wind and decided to dress my wound there. After dressing my wound, i decided to relax a little because i know i'll be in for a long walk.
 
I turned around because i decided to go and visit Sungyeol, but i stopped at my tracks because i saw noel standing by the doorway.
 
"Sir, where are you going? Arent you suppose to be in bed?" He asked.
I hid my recently-dressed arm behind my back. He dosent need to see.
 
"I was tired of sitting all day, so i decided to stretch up." I said, trying to sound as convincing as posible.
 
He sighed "Sir, after serving the Nam family for who-knows how long, i've developed a knowledge if someone's lying, and i may say, you're a very good liar, but not good enough for my senses." 
 
I mentally face-palmed myself. Gosh . .he's good.
"Well you got me." I guiltily said.
"So, where were you going?" He asked again
"I was going to visit someone who saved my life from uncle. I remembered him being hurt by uncle, i wanted to know if he's fine." I said.
Noel smiled. "Sir, you are in no condition to walk. Shall i take you to where he is?" 
"No need sir Noel, i want to walk. Its been awhile."
"No need for formalities sir. Besides, master woohyun can never forgive me if something bad happens to you."
"But I-" 
"Wait here, i'll go get the car." He said, cutting my words off. I don't really want to bother anyone today.
 
I waited inside woohyun's room until Noel came back saying that the car's ready. I followed him but was walking slowly, i dont want to fall down again.
He noticed my slow walking and he kept his pace the same with mine.
We walked down the stairs but each step makes my back hurt, so i just clench my knuckles to relieve some of the pain.
We reached the main entrance and a car pulled over. Noel opened the back door and ushered me in. He sat in the front seat. 
 
"So, where are we going?" He asked.
"Uhhmm . . Lets go to my house, i think i'll remember it if i go back" i said.
Noel looked at me with worry in his eyes."are you sure you want to go back?" He asked.
"Yes. I'm sure." I told him.
 
Noel turned his back and spoke to the driver. A few minutes later, we arrive at my long-forgotten hell.
I took the spare key that i hid the last time i was here and opened the door.
It was dark inside. The bottles and broken glass are still there, it looks like nothing changed. I went upstairs to my room to find it the same as i left it. I looked at the sheet to find the blood stain i left there, still there. I looked at the wall to see splatter of my blood across it. I didn't notice that it was there before. I touched the droplets and felt it rough against the wall. I must have been gone for a long time. I rested my head against the cold wall and started remembering each and every torment i experienced from school and from this cold house. I was about to cry when i suddenly felt a light tap in my shoulders.
 
It was Noel.
 
"Sir, are you alright?" He asked.
"Yes, yes i'm fine." I told him.
"Well, if you say so." He said. "Anyway, since were already here, i would like to take the liberty to take your things and bring it back to the mansion." 
"Oh . . Sure." I said.
He bowed down and began scouring through my clothes, putting them in cloth bags. I decided to sneak out from him to take a walk and maybe go to Sungyeol too, he was clearly occupied with what he's doing so i left without another word.
 
I ran past the driver who's currently smoking, he didn't notice me to my relief.
I ran to the familiar road where i ran to get away from uncle and found the park with the stunning view of the ocean.
 
I was right, it looks beautiful when its not raining.
there are some children who are playing at the swing set. They look happy.
I looked to my left to find Sungyeol's ramen shop and walked towards it.
I saw something peculiar, a sign that says "closed" i thought it would be open by this time. I remember coming here early at that rainy day.
When thought i should leave, i heard the sound of someone crying . . Sungyeol
I peered my ears against the door to hear more.
 
"I'm useless . ." I heard "i want to die!" I hear him shout.
I immediately pulled open the door, it was a good thing that it wasn't locked.
I saw Sungyeol, with a knife pointing at himself.
My eyes widen and i immediately ran towards him and took the knife away from him. He covered his face and started crying, while i, pull him into a hug to comfort him.
"Stop crying Sungyeol-hyung, you're not useless. You make amazing bowls of ramen, thats not really useless." I told him.
 
"I cant even see anymore!!" He shouted.
"W-what!?" 
"It was that Sunggyu guy's fault . . If i hadnt helped him, then i would be doing what i love the most right now." 
 
He was right, it was my fault. I really do bring trouble to people i come contact with. I feel pathetic, i want to disappear.
 
"I'm sorry hyung . . Its me, Sunggyu." 
 
"Its you?!" He yelled and he strongly pushed me away making me fall down and hit my injured back at the edge of a table. I only look down the floor and wince in pain.
 
"I-i'm s-sorry h-hyung . . I d-didn't m-mean to" 
"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!! IF I HADNT MET YOU . . IF I HADNT LET MY 
STUPID SELF HELP YOU . . THEN I WOULD BE FINE RIGHT NOW!!"
"I'm sorry . . " that was the only thing i can say.
"Sorry? You're sorry?! is that the only thing you can say? You're sorry?!
Look at what you're uncle did to me! he sliced my eyes . .my eyes . ." 
 
I looked at his face and saw a long scar run across his face. Uncle must have really done that to him using the blade.
 
"I'm sorry . . " i said again.
He clenched his fist and started grabbing bowls and threw it at my direction. I covered myself from the debris so that i wouldn't get hurt again. I hate seeing that red color. Luckily, i wasn't hurt that badly, only a few scratches in my arm.
As soon as he stopped throwing the bowls, i got up and pulled him into a tight hug. He tried to push me again but i held my grip.
 
"I'm sorry" i told him. "I'll make it up to you." 
"Leave me alone!" He said.
"Please, hyung. Let me do something for you."
"Shut up" 
"I'll work for you." I firmly said "just until we find an eye donor." 
He calmed down a little.
"Get ready to work then, i'll make sure you suffer." He told me.
 
I was afraid when i heard that, but he needed it. 
He needed to take his anger out on someone.
 
"Yes, i'll work for you. I'll come by here everyday to work.theres no need to pay me." 
"Good, because i wont."
He pulled away from my tight hug and wiped off his tears.
"Be here tomorrow afternoon, hell starts tomorrow." 
Even though he's blind, he was still able to find the door and push me outside.
 
I feel so useless right now.
It seems that i only cause suffering to everyone around me.
I'm starting to hate myself more now.
 
I walked back home to see Noel and driver carrying my clothes.
I feel my back ache so much and so i touched it to relieve some of the pain, when suddenly, i feel something wet against my hands. I pulled hand away to see what it was.
 
Blood
 
I felt myself having a hard time breathing.
And all went black.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
upvote,comment and subscribe ^^ 
you're comments inspire me to write more TwT
and for those who hate seeing sunggyu in pain . . Well . . I'M SORRY!! I'm a sadistic author TwT 
I LOVE ALL MY READERS!! 
PLEASE BE NOISY AND GIVE ME SOME LOVE~ LOL XD 
comment,upvote,and subscribe ^^