Cha: 013

[DISCONTINUED] That Corner Hides a Pair of Eyes

ONE WORD: CRAP

--------------------------

Time passed by so fast. And as soon as we know it, woohyun and i are already healed up and all set to go back to school.

We already finished too the assignments, tests, and projects we missed and so we can really say that we're all set to go back. We button up our school uniforms, fix our ties, and grab our bags. The two of us head down stairs for breakfast. Woohyun is usually very bright and cheeky before. But now, he looks like he's worried about something. It couldn't be the assignments or the tests. We already knew we aced them. 

We sat side-by-side at the expensive and polished table at the Nam Mansion and ate our breakfast quietly. I looked around my surrounding and found it unbelievable that i now live here. With someone as rich as him. 

"H-hey gyu," he suddenly called out. I looked at him as i munch on my morning pancakes. "Yep?" I answered. 

"You see-- " he started. "School is not .. A good place for you, and me. So .. Lets not make this hard for the both of us." He said. I furrowed my brows. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"What i meant is that--" 

"You two should not socialize or be seen together in school." Finished noel who came by carrying woohyun's hot chocolate. He placed it beside woohyun's left hand and looked sternly at us. 

"We don't want master hyun here getting involved in your bullying endeavors right?" He said. Which somewhat made me feel a bit hurt. But i just nodded. "Then i strongly advice that you keep what kind of relationship you have a secret."

"But .. Were just friends." I said. 

"Yes, i know." He answered. "Which is something that will lead the two of you into greater challenges if the entire student-body knew. Much less if they find out that you live under the same roof as him." He explained. 

I just nodded again, and walked out from the dining room. 
"Gyu! Where are you going?" Woohyun called out. "Its still early!" He said. I just looked back and smiled at him. "I usually arrive early at school." I said. "Its better for the two of us to leave it that way i guess.. To lessen .. Suspicions." I explained. 

"Oh .." 

I left the mansion without another word. I walked the same route too that i do whenever i go to school. The walk was silent. Just like all the time. Lonely. Just like all the time. And cold. I rub both of my hands and blew air in them to keep them warm and continued walking. 

When i arrived, the school was foggy and silent. Just like before.
I walked towards the lockers and grabbed my shoes only to find them missing again. I looked around to see where they could be, and remembered that they usually put in the trash can. I went over the said trash can, and there they are. My shoes. I took them and started wearing them. I walk the silent halls that used to be filled with my screams, and pleas. I traced my fingers over the walls that were usually stained with that crimson color that came out from me. It was sad really. And it still is. And when i thought i finally found a friend. I didn't. Rich people do have much more to protect unlike me. I have nothing. And will have nothing. 

I walk around the halls. Trying to remember most of the things hoya and his friends did to me. Though it is painful to remember, i figured, it would be better if i did. Because it would be better that way. So that i wouldnt get my hopes too high again. 

I enter my classroom and sat on my usual insult-stained desk and placed my bag on the table. I laid my arms in them, and my head in my arms to sleep. 

I was in peace until my classmates come to me one-by-one. 
And soon, i woke up with the sight of them standing right beside me, staring with smug looks on their faces. 

"Looks like gyu's back." One of them said. "How was hell? Must be nice huh?" He said. I just slowly grabbed my bag that was previously on my desk and hugged it. 

"Aww, seems like you're still mute just like last time." A girl said. "Shall i call hoya to punish you then?" She said. My eyes bolted up with the mention of his name. "N-no" i said in a mumble. "T-theres no n-need." 

One of the girls grabbed a fistful of my hair and leaned closer with such anger in her eyes. "What did you say ?" 

I gulped down and opened my mouth to answer. But suddenly, my bag was harshly pulled from my grasp. 
"H-hey." I manage to say. 
The guy just smirked. "And what'ya gonna do about it?" He mockingly said. 
I however, just sat there afraid and speechless. 

I cautiously reached for my bag from his grip when he suddenly punched my face and threw my bag out the window. "H-hey!" I yelled as i watch my bag go out the window from the 4th floor and fall down on the ground. 

Without thinking twice, i ran from the crowd, and went down stairs to retrieve my bag. 

It was thrown somewhere down the bushes and so it took me awhile to find it. And when i did, it suddenly rained. 'Just my luck'

I looked up the sky and it suddenly began pour harder and harder. I rushed back to the entrance of the building to save myself from getting more wet, only to find my classmates laughing as they seal the entrance off. I watch as they point at me and laugh like mad men. Until a girl suddenly waved a sketch pad with a writing in it. 

'Go where you found your bag.' It said. 

Even though i was already soaked to the bone, i still followed and went back. I stood there near the bushes hugging myself and my bag waiting for something. I heard someone hissed to call my attention. And judging from where it came from, it must be from the 4th floor window. My classroom. As soon as i realized this, i hesitantly looked up but eventually did. I saw that all my classmates where there gathered in the 4th floor windows. Including Hoya. 

Hoya was there with that usual evil smirk of his with his arms folded across his chest. He was looking down on me with with such dark eyes. I just looked down and hugged my bag tighter.

"Hey !" He yelled and i flinched. "Miss me?" He mockingly said. I just bit my lower lip and remained silent. 

"Hey!" He yelled. "I'm talking to you!" He said and i flinch again. I look up, and i was suddenly greeted by a small plastic balloon with red dye in it by the face. They laugh as they see the balloon land directly on me. 

I was about to run away when another one was thrown inches away from my feet. Making me almost fall. I looked up again, and everyone was smirking. 

"Stay." He said. "Stay or you'd be there until the rain stops. And i heard, it wont be until tomorrow evening." he said as he evilly smiles and look around his surroundings filled with smirking and nodding people. 

I slightly whimpered but eventually went back to my original spot. And as soon as i did, everyone started throwing more of those dye filled balloons at me. Everyone was throwing as hard as they could and so it hurt a lot when those small plastic balloons collided with my body. I just flinch when it hits a sensitive part of my body like my face, shoulder, hips, stomach, chest, and legs. 

It went on for so long that it became so unbearable. The cold rain wasn't helping either. So i just close my eyes, hoping that i wont fall off balance or lose consciousness. I bit my lip again, preventing any scream, or yelp from coming out of my chapped lips. 

"Woohyun-ah! Come join us! Its really fun!!"

"Really now?"

"Yeah! You should try it!" 

"Oh sure, give me a dye then."

"Here."

"Thanks" 

The throwing of red dyes suddenly ceased and it made me curious. Maybe they ran out? I asked myself. But when i looked up, my eyes widen. I saw woohyun looking down on me with evil intentions written on his eyes. He was carrying a balloon filled with yellow dye, but it was bigger than the last ones. I felt myself panic a little. Is he .. going to do what i think he will?

He was balancing the gigantic balloon in his hands as he looked at me and at the balloon back and forth. I just stare at him wide eyed. Silently pleading. 

'Please dont .. Woohyun i trust you!!' 

"Throw it!" A girl yelled. Woohyun smirked, drew out a throwing stance, and threw the balloon at me as hard as he could. I immidiately shut my eyes once i heard the girl yell. i waited for something .. anything. For that recognized pain from the popping of the balloon, the feeling of dye running down my face .. anything. But once i opend my eyes when i felt that i've been waiting for too long for the pain, i saw the balloon hit my forehead with a loud popping sound. Some of the dye hit my eyes and it burns. A lot. 

It hurt a lot too when it hit my forehead. The pain made me dizzy and so i fell down on the mud. Everyone laughed hysterically including Woohyun and i can feel their laughter echoing inside my head. I can feel my hot tears mix with the cold rain as i touch my forehead stained with the colors of red, and yellow. 

I looked up at the laughing crowd and found them all taking pictures or videos of my pitifulness. I saw some boys holding one of those giant dye balloons again and they threw it hard on me. The balloon dyes feel like hard punches and they hurt so much. I just sat there on the mud under the rain with the dyes, while i hug my body to protect it from further pain. Flinching once in a while when it was too much.

Everyone soon went away and i watch them do so. I stare until only one was left. Woohyun. 

He was staring at me. 

'You look pathetic.' He mouthed. My mouth slightly parted to say something but only bitter tears came out instead of angry words. 

"I trusted you." I mouthed back. He had that sudden glint of guilt when i said that. But it turned back to that dark face as soon as it showed. 

As soon as woohyun left, i immediately grabbed my soaked bag and ran towards the old abandoned gymnasium. I sat on the usual corner where i use to hide when they chase me during P.E and hugged my knees and cried my eyes out. 

It was raining heavier than it did awhile ago. I'm glad i didn't stay outside just like they told me to. I messily wipe the tears of my face as i uncontrollably hiccup like a pathetic kid. 

"Lies" i mumbled. "You fed me lies."

-------------------------

"Noel i-- i don't like that sound of that." I said as i stare out the window. 

"But sir .." He reasoned. "You have to if you want the both of you to be safe." He said with a sigh.

"Safe? Safe from what?! If i did that then--- i wouldn't be helping him at all!" 

"But sir you have to. So that you wouldn't make it harder than it already is." He said. 

"n-no." I nervously said. 

Noel sighed. "Sir .. You have to .." 

I huffed. "But why?!!!" 

He sighed. "You don't understand sir. He will get hurt more if you stick by him, and you too will be hurt in the process. Everything will go worse for him if people find out you two are friends."

"But i promised i'd protect him!" I shot back. 

"I know. And the only thing you can do is to protect him from something worse." 

I just sighed and slump down on my seat. 

The ride to school was suprisingly annoying. I sat there listening to Noel's words like an obedient dog the entire time. He was reasoning with me that i should leave Sunggyu alone at school to prevent anything worse from happening. But not just leaving him alone, but also doing anything from making anyone suspicious of anything. So it means i'd have to side alongside my evil classmates if i have to. 

However, the longer i stay in the car .. the more i understand what Noel wants me to understand. 
and to much of my frustration, I'm agreeing to it. 

"Were here." He said. Cutting his rant off.
Without another word, i got out of the car and slammed the door shut.

's-should i--? or shouldnt i--?' 

----------------------

woohyun walks the halls of the school with his bag cooly slung across his arm. 
Girls flock him as he walks, but he pays no attention to them at all. 
 

He huffs. "golddiggers" he mumbled. 

when he finally entered the classroom, he was immediately greeted by a sunggyu running pass him. 

"yah, go lock up the doors downstairs" one of his classmates said to another. and without another word, the others went away and sealed the doors shut.

woohyun just blinks and walks over to his desk. "uhmm .. whats that all about?" woohyun asked his seatmate.
"oh that?" the other replied. "its a thing for gyugyu." he said. woohyun just slwowly nods and watches everyone run around the classroom with balloons and dyes. "and-- whats that for?" he aske again. his seatmate. "i told you, for gyugyu. dont worry. everyone is gonna have fun."

"fun?" woohyun mumbled to himself. 

"hey ! ... miss me?" 

woohyun looked around to see that most of his classmates are all gathered in the windows. looking down on the ground floor with evil looks.

"w-whats happening?" woohyun asked again. his seatmate just looked up from his thick book. "oh its starting already?" he said and stood up to go to the group of people. woohyun just followed. 

woohyun's eyes widen once he saw what everyone is looking at. 
Sunggyu was at the ground floor under the pouring rain with ballon dyes being thrown at him. 

woohyun wanted to stop it, but he was panicking and too confused to do anything.

"yah! look! we made a very big one!!" one of his classmates said. Woohyun turned around to see what they meant, but only to see that the giant of a dye balloon was being forced onto him.

"woohyun-ah! come join us! its really fun!" his classmate yelled. 

"Really now?" he replied while he inspects the balloon

"Yeah! You should try it!" his classmates yelled. "just throw it down at gyu!" one of his classmates yelled which made his blood boil. 

woohyun gritted his teeth. "oh sure"

The truth is, he just wants to beat the crap out of everyone in here. but sadly, he was outnumbered. and most of all, Hoya the beast was there too. 
 

And thats not good.

woohyun carefully walks over to the window as everyone's eyes fall on him. "I'm sorry .." he repeatedly says to himself. 

he plays with the balloon in his hands. it may seem like it was for suspense, but the truth is, he was actually thinking of a way out.  
which is imposible considering that hoya's eyes are on him as well.

woohyun just sighed to himself and drew out a throwing stance. he halted once he saw sunggyu shut his eyes.

"no!! .. you should see so you can protect yourself .." 

"what are you waiting for!? throw it!!" his classmates yelled. 

woohyun stood there frozen for awhile, but as soon as he saw sunggyu's eyes open, he threw the balloon. With the hopes of missing. 

"i'm sorry .."

"nice shot hyun!!" they yelled. Woohyun was just dazed. the words just rang like the flat line you'd hear on a dead person's pulse. 
he had no idea what the hell he just did. He was aware, that he aware of what he just did. but he felt extremely stupid for giving in. 
for not speaking up. He doesnt know why but he feels so confused. and guilt was eating him raw and whole.

"you look pathetic" he mouthed to himself. However his heart sank all the more when he saw sunggyu's sad and pleading eyes. but no.
he cant be seen pitying him now. people will get suspicious and everything might go worse. and so, he breathed in and made a mocking expression. 

"that was awesome hyun!!" they yelled at him. he just flinch and looks at his classmates and returns a proud smile. but when he looks back to where sunggyu is, he was no longer there. 

he felt his eyes get cloudy and blurry for some reason he cant explain. but he does know, that feeling always makes his chest feel heavy. 

"i'm so sorry .."

----------------------

2 WORDS: BULL + SHIET 

i was sleepy T-T
its--- 3:10 hereu in the morning orz waii am i doing this--- o-o
OH YEAH BECAUSE I LOVE YOU ALL /THROWS INFINITE ALBUMS/

COMMENT COMMENT <--- THAS HONESTLY ALL I NEED

BYE