Cha: 015

[DISCONTINUED] That Corner Hides a Pair of Eyes

Em back o u o 


Woohyun was walking along the halls of his school while his classmates run around in glee for what they have recently done to one of their innocent peers. 
Everyone seemed so happy, and so entertained that day. Everyone's laughter was enough to mask away the noise the rain made.
It was like there was a school festival. It was so lively and it seemed so fun.
But sadly, they were celebrating the wrong occasion. And Woohyun refused to take part in it.

He walks mute against everyone on the halls with his hands inside his warm pockets. 
He had his head down, and he was determined to reach a place where he could be alone from all these sick bastards

It got him thinking. That word. 'Sick bastard'.
Isnt he a 'sick bastard' too? He did participate in that plan too. 
He didnt even try to find a way to escape their invitation to such a foul thing.

"I wish i had done something." He mumbled quietly to himself. 'Something, anything."

Woohyun extends his hand to the silver door handle that will lead him to his destination.
'I just need a moment.' He told himself. 

Woohyun pushed the glass doors open and the scent of wet grass and lavander greeted him.
He entered the school green-house quietly and sat down by the marble fountain.

"I really am not doing such a great job protecting him."

"Protecting who?" Someone interupted. Woohyun looked up, startled, to see who it was and saw that it was the school bully. Hoya

"." Woohyun mouthed.

"So," Hoya started as he sits beside Woohyun. "Who was it that you're protecting?"

Woohyun hesitated for awhile. "A friend." He said. 

"Is that friend of yours here?" He asked and Woohyun shook his head. "Not at the moment no." Hoya slowly nodded his head.

"B-But .." Woohyun started. "I dont think we're still friends." He said. 

"Why what happened?"

"I betrayed him." Woohyun said in a sigh. 

"Oh thats too bad." Hoya said playfully. "Well you can only say you're sorry now."

"Do you think he'll listen?"

 "Yeah." He answered.

There was only silence between them after the talk. The rain poured harder, and the wind blew stronger. 
The glass walls in the green-house rattled loudly and the temperature's gotten colder. 

"Hey i've been wondering." Hoya said. "Do you have friends here?"

Woohyun shook his head. "No."

"Well if you need any help, I got your back."

"Thanks." Woohyun said. "I'll keep that in mind."

- - - - - -

Sunggyu was at the old abandoned gym building. 
The structure collapsed awhile back, but it didnt gave way whole. 
Some parts stayed fixed, but the majority of the place collapsed. 
He hides at the safe part of the collapsed basketball court.
With all the fallen debrees around him, and the old celing just a few meters above his head.
The wall beside it is made of wood that over time, rot and now had a few cracks in them.

This building has been Sunggyu's hiding place for as long as he could remember. 
He would sometimes spend the whole of his day there doing nothing.
Sometimes during P.E class, he would come here and hide from Hoya and his gang of goons.
He would stay there until the two periods of P.E are over. He would spend his time there reading, sometimes asleep. 

Sunggyu is there in his favorite spot again. Curled up into a ball trembling.
He could feel his wet clothes stick to his body. He hugs his bag tight as tries his best not to cry. 
The boy could feel a lump form in his throat. He feels it getting bigger the more he tries to hold back the tears in his eyes.

He clamps his mouth shut to prevent the sound of his pathetic sobs from getting out.
He couldnt believe what just happened today. 

Woohyun

Woohyun let him down. 

He thought he found someone he could rely on. Someone he could trust. 
But just like all the time, he was wrong. Again.

He finally cried after awhile. 

The rain cried harder along with him and he could feel the droplets splatter on his face.
He wipes his tears off with the back of his hands as he snuggles close to his bag. 
Sunggyu closed his eyes after awhile. With the memory of Woohyun's betrayal along with him. 

- - - - - - 

The day passed by so fast that day. And as soon as he knew it, school was already over. 
He walks to his luxury car with his bag slung across his arm. His butler opens the door for him with a smile and he entered the vehicle quietly. His butler furrowed his eye brows. "Is there something wrong sir?" He asked and the elite just hung his head low and stayed quiet. His servant soon gave up asking and went ahead at the drivers seat and started the engine. 

Woohyun's phone suddenly rang with a notification from it saying that someone tweeted him a picture. 
Curious, Woohyun opened his phone to see what it was. And to his shock, a picture of a certain someone popped up with a pained expression, and paint splatters all over him. With it comes a caption saying: "we thought he looked dull so we put some color in him hehe" 

In a fit of rage, Woohyun threw his phone down at the car's floor hard and repeatedly stomped on it. 
With a cracked screen and a leaking battery, Woohyun finally threw his phone out the window. 
Noel; noticing his fit of rage, looked at his master with concern. He saw Woohyun with his head on his hands. Hair messy and his body trembling. Noel was about to comfort him. But knowing his master's ugly temper, he just pretended that he doesn't see whats happening. 

When they finally arrived home, without another word about what he wants for dinner, Woohyun stormed into his room and shut the door with a loud thud. He sealed it shut too. Afraid that servants might see his pathetic state. He buried his face into his soft pillows and finally sobbed himself to sleep. 

- - - - - 

Sunggyu woke up hours later. He turned to his side and suddenly found it hard to breathe. His body felt heavier than a boulder but at least, he told himself, he's dry. But even if he's already all dried up, he still felt cold and his body trembled a little. He peeked out at the small hole in the wooden wall and saw that it was still raining. He stared at the sky and figured that it was already night time. He sat up and he felt his head throb. Moments later he stood up and walked out of the building. 

At the entrance, he was greeted by 4 car lights, and a familiar face with puffy eyes. The person was holding a thick blanket in his hands. Sunggyu squinted his eyes to see the person's face better. The familiar face seemed to say 'i'm sorry.' But Sunggyu didn't care. He was walking away from the building and near Woohyun when the elite suddenly covered him with the blanket. He felt the warmth engulf him and so he didn't protest any further and stayed beside the elite. His legs felt weak too so he wasn't going anywhere. "You must be cold." Woohyun said. Sunggyu just shut his eyes tight. 

The two soon walked towards the car and headed home. Sunggyu was shivering very much. Woohyun wanted to help the latter but he felt like he was in no place to. They drove around the city and the car came to a halt because of traffic. Suddenly, Sunggyu took off the warm blanket and got out of the car. Woohyun, startled, followed Sunggyu and called out to him. Sunggyu was walking fast despite him feeling very heavy. He was so fast that woohyun had a hard time catching up to him. Woohyun called him numerous times but Sunggyu shrugged his desperate voice. 

Woohyun ran and yanked Sunggyu's shoulder. Sunggyu swatted Woohyun's arm away. 

"W-Where are you going?" Asked the elite. 
Sunggyu turned away from him. "Home." He said. "But home isnt that way." Woohyun said. Its still a few minutes worth of drive." The elite informed with the thought of his giant mansion in mind. 

"Thats not home." Sunggyu blurted out. He then proceeded to walk away. Woohyun followed him again and grabbed his arm. "Hey! I'm sor-" 

"Leave me alone!" Sunggyu yelled with tears streaming down his face. "You're a l-liar!" He said angrily. "A big fat liar!!" 

"Thats not true! I-"

"You never cared for me?! I thought i finally h-had a friend! I thought you were a f-friend! But no. That was a lie too!" 
Sunggyu then turned around and walked further into the alley. When Woohyun was about to follow the man again, he felt someone yank him from the shoulder. He looked who it was and saw noel with an umbrella over the two of them. He forgot that it was still raining. "Its best to leave him alone." He softly said. 

"B-But he needs to know-" Woohyun said in almost a whimper while trying to pry off Noel's grip. "H-He needs to know that i didnt mean to-" but before Woohyun could finish his sentence, Noel pulled him close and hugged him tight. The elite burst into a fit of sobs and clung tightly unto his butler's coat. "I d-didnt mean to." He repeatedly said. 
 
- - - - - 


Sunggyu arrived at his old house a few minutes later. 
He took the key from the old hiding place under a pot and opened the door. 
He opened up the lights and headed up to his old room. 
He flicked up the switch and saw how clean it was. He remembered that Woohyun once sent the cleaning lady to fix his place up once. It looks like the lady did a nice job. 

He walked towards his desk and saw the neatly arranged books and some letters he never bothered to open before. 
He drew out the desk drawer and saw that his old laptop was still there. He looked at the walls and saw a collage of pictures in them. It was made up of places he wanted to go to, things he wanted to have, people he wanted to meet, and words to encourage him along the way. He has forgotten what he did a few years ago.

After a few minutes, Sunggyu took some old clothes that he left and proceeded to the bathroom to take a warm shower.
The hot water relaxed some of his tense muscles and he was slowly feeling good. Once he was done, he headed out and changed. He lied down on his bed with the blanket pulled up until to his shoulders. He was surrounded with fluffy pillows and was thinking deeply about the events that just happened that day. 

A tear escaped from his eye once he remembered how Woohyun betrayed him. 
He thought of so many things that night and all sorts of thoughts came into his head. The sadness, the anger, the sorrow, and the pain came in and it all made the boy cry harder. 

The rain became stronger and it made the window in Sunggyu's room rattle loudly. 
He was all alone in the world again and he just felt so lonely. He had no more friends, no family, no nothing. 
"It'll get better." He whispered to himself. "It'll get better." He whispered again. But of course, he knew better. It wont get better. Nothing will get better.

He messily wiped the tears off of his face and hiccuped. 
He was panting by the time he was done crying. 
He closed his eyes and focused at the sound the rain made to calm himself down. And to eventually, fall asleep. 


Hai guysss o w o em back
All i want for christmas is one thing
... Comments. xD
Please tell me what you like about this story okay? I wanna know. And since theres like 100+ of you, i expect to receive lots u n u 

Author nim out