Arts Library

Body Language

The next day, Jiho was awakened by his phone vibrating. He grumbled as he blindly grabbed for his phone and answered.

“What?” he said without caring who was on the other end of the line. There was a small pause before the person spoke.

“Yah… how can you still be asleep at this time?” The deep voice said. Jiho rolled over with a sigh and rubbed his face with his hand.

“What time is it?” He asked, not even bothering to check himself. There was a chuckle on the other end.

“It’s nearly 12. Get up and meet me in front of my library.”

“Yah – Sungbin.” Jiho said as he was about to argue; yet he remembered that he had a project to do research for, and he needed his help. “Fine.” Jiho replied as he sat up in bed, finally decided that he should start the day.

“Meet me in an hour.” His friend Sungbin (Beenzino) stated and hung up.

Jiho cursed, damn his friend. Jiho was about to stand up, when two skinny arms wrapped around his waist, pushing Jiho back down on the bed.

“Where are you going? Let’s stay in bed and continued what we did last night.” said a whiny female voice. Jiho sighed once again and looked to his side – not bothering looking down at her.

“Some people need to finish their education Yoora.” Jiho replied curtly as he detached his on and off again girlfriends arms from his waist.

“Yah! What is wrong with you lately!” Yoora pouted as she tightened the covers around her body. “You’re so y all the time!” She said as she lay back down on the bed laying up at the ceiling – obviously mad.

Jiho shook his head as he made his way to his bathroom to shower. He locked the door and began the shower, making sure it was as hot as he liked it. His head still felt like it was stuffed with cotton balls – all muffled. He stood under the hot water and shook his head several times as if to get rid of the feeling. It had been 2 days since he had seen Eunmi, yet that’s all he was thinking about. He wasn’t sure what was nagging him about her. He let out a frustrated growl before finally beginning to clean himself up.

*

An hour after Jiho had received the phone call, he was standing outside of the Seoul University arts library, waiting for Sungbin.

“Jiho!” He heard someone call and he instantly turned around to see his friend walking down the steps towards him. “Man – we need to see each other more often.” He said as he clapped Jiho on the back.

Jiho smiled and greeted his friend the same way. With that they began talking about their recent shows and songs that they had produced. Sungbin lead Jiho into a part of the library that was specifically for music and they both began to fish through the books looking for the topic that Jiho was writing his paper on.

Jiho and Sungbin brought their books to one of the tables at a far corner and began to fish through them. It was particularly eerie how there was no one in this part of the library.

“Why isn’t there anyone here?” Jiho asked confused. Normally libraries are supposed to be filled with students cramming for exams.

“The arts library isn’t really a studying type of library…” Sungbin said as he looked up from the book he was looking through. “Although, there’s always this one girl who studies here.” He looked around Jiho to see the stop that she normally sat in empty. He tilted his head to the side and pursed his lips.

“Is she hot?” Jiho automatically asked, perking up and smirking. If there was a hot girl in the music faculty, then hell – he’d come to the library everyday. He watched as Sungbin, colored slightly and shrugged his shoulders.

“She’s alright.” He said frankly, then leaned in closer to Jiho. “But no one knows who she is. Everyone who’s seen her says that she’s in none of their classes…” He said tapping his chin, deep in thought.  “Well, either way – she’s not girlfriend type.” He finished with a shrug.

“What makes you think that?” Jiho asked as he regarded his friend.

“She’s a hardcore boxer! She always comes in bruised and scabbed.” He replied excitedly. “She looks so bad , everyone is too scared to approach her.”

Jiho raised his brow, suddenly intrigued. He scented a challenge.

“Sungbin dropping out of a challenge. That’s a first.” Jiho scoffed.

“Says that one who got a marriage proposal…” Sungbin said with a sly smirk. Jiho rolled his eyes in annoyance.

“Can that girl ever keep shut?” He said under his breath. “I’m not getting married, we both agreed on it. It was one supper.” He confirmed looking back down at the book he had closing off the conversation.

A few hours later, and after a couple pages of notes written, Sungbin kicked Jiho under the table with his foot, startling him out of his research.

“What?” He exclaimed as he looked over at his friend annoyed.  He watched as Sungbin perked his eyebrow and jutted his chin in the direction behind Jiho.

“The boxing chick arrived.” He said eyeing her from behind Jiho. “It seems like she had a rough fight this weekend…” He said trailing off.

Jiho turned around, pretending to look at something and he caught a glimpse of the girl who Sungbin was talking about. She was a little shorter than him, with long softly curled black hair that hid her face. She was limping and holding the side of her torso, as she turned down one ilse and sat down at an empty table. She hissed as if in pain as she sat down. Then her hair brushed out of her face and Jiho’s stomach sank low into his body, and his face drained of blood.

There before him sat Eunmi. Her face was bruised, and she had a scabbed cut in the corner and center of her lips. One of her eyes was slightly swollen and discolored, whilst her jaw and cheek were a washed out purple-ish blue color. It was obvious that she was trying to cover up the bruising with make up, but it didn’t fool anyone.

Jiho stared momentarily before whipping back around and cursing under his breath.

“Yah… what’s wrong?” Sungbin asked, as he looked confused at Jiho.

“She doesn’t box.” Jiho replied simply as he was trying hard to control his breathing. Dread and anger were washing through him all at once and he wasn’t too sure how to handle it.

“What?” His friend asked, seriously confused. He looked back from Jiho and Eunmi.

“I said, she doesn’t box. Someone did that to her.” He replied. He suddenly pulled out his phone from his pocket and dialed a number, while Sungbin looked at him with knitted brows.

After several seconds of Jiho listening to the dial tone, the person picked up.

“Jiho – I’m with a client now, call me back in a few hours.” Said the person on the other line.

“Mom. Send me the contract. I’ll do it.” He said curtly before hanging up. He pinched the bridge of his nose and inhaled sharply.

“How do you know she’s not a boxer?” Sungbin asked somewhat annoyed by Jiho’s harsh words.

“Because she’s my future wife.”

 

*

Eunmi made her way to her favorite studying spot, mentally telling herself that she could endure this pain and that in several days it would be all gone. She hissed a few times as she made her way up the flight of stairs to her destination. She loved the art library because there was hardly anyone ever there – even during exam period. She studied there because no one bothered her, she as alone and therefore did not feel the need to be on her guard to look a certain way.

As she made it up the stairs she made a B-line to her favorite table and as quickly as she could she sat down. She hissed as she had to lower herself, causing her bruised ribs to contract, but once she was seated she was comfortable enough to begin studying.

She looked up then and caught the eyes of the mystery art boy, who she secretly admired. It was through a fluke that she had discovered him – but one night when she was on her computer looking up videos of her favorite underground rappers, a video of his popped up and she was hooked ever since. He went by the name of Beenzino. He was tall and handsome with smiling face. His hair was always parted in the middle or slicked back in a hat, but what made him even more attractive was his art experience. He was studying in Plastic Art at Seoul University and had the smooth voice of an angel. She hadn’t seen his art yet, but she was sure he was an amazing artist.

She quickly looked down, when they made eye contact. Normally he was the only other one who would study in this part of the library – busily looking through books or writing something down. But today he was with a friend, and Eunmi couldn’t help but look up as she heard him talking. Something but his friends voice sounded familiar – even the way he looked from the back screamed that Eunmi had seen him before. Eunmi shook her head as she pulled out her books and began to study from one of her thick texts.

It was only a few minutes later, when she was finally getting into the rhythm of things that she was disturbed why the slamming of two hands in front of her. She slightly jumped and cautiously looked up, only to gasp.

“Jiho-shi!” Eunmi exclaimed as she looked at him slightly opened mouthed, and coloring from both embarrassment and seeing his face so close up. She gave a small bow then and remained looking back up at him. When Jiho remained silent, she ventured by asking a question; “What are you doing here?”

He continued to stare at her face, making her uncomfortable because she knew that Jiho had an idea of how her father treated her.

“What you said to me Saturday night.” He began then paused, looking down at her lips and then back at her. “You’re going to have to take that back.”

“What do you mean?” Eunmi asked confused. She looked across the table to where Beenzino was sitting and then back at Jiho.

“I’m signing the contract, and my mother wants to have a meal with you.” He replied frankly, still staring at her.

“What?” She asked again, this time her full attention was on Jiho.

“Tomorrow night, my mother wants to talk to you.” He said again, quickly getting up about to leave, but then he stopped. “And don’t worry about your father – my mom will deal with him.”

Eunmi’s heart began to race, this time for more than one reason.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeeeeeee an update! Sorry it took me so long! School has been a real pain and it was my brithday and I didn't have a chance to write!
But alas! A breift break and now I am able to write :3

I hoped you enjoyed this update and that this fic isn't too boring. I promise to spice some stuff up soon!
Please leave me lots and lots and lots of comments <3

Who likes that I brought in BEENZINO?! <3

 

P.P.S, Is anyone who is watching WINNER dying over Team A?
Can't those boys catch a break :'(
SO MANY FEELS!