An Angry Mr. Kang

Body Language

Eunmi slightly jumped at the sound of Yoora’s voice. She quickly detached herself from Jiho and tried to get off his lap, but she was prevented by Jiho’s strong grip on her hips. She looked down from Yoora’s boring gaze and down to Jiho’s.
 

“Stay.” He mouthed to her with a desperate look in his eyes. Confused she looked back up at Yoora who was staring her down and then back down at Jiho who was staring back up at her.

“I… I should probably get going…” Eunmi whispered as she looked back down at Jiho’s now pink and swollen lips. She her own as she looked down at his handsome face, feeling sad that their intimacy was cut short.

She should have felt angry at Yoora for intruding, but another feeling was filling her – and that was apprehension of how her father would react when she would arrive home, late and slightly disheveled.

As Eunmi was about to make her way off of Jiho’s lap, she was prevented again, this time by Jiho leaning himself up so that he was at eye level with her. Eunmi froze at the sudden gesture. Jiho leaned further in so that his lips were touching her ear lobe.

“If you leave, she wins. Please stay, I don’t want her to win.” He said sounding both desperate and lustful at the same time.

Eunmi shuddered under his plead, feeling his hot breath tickle the skin of her neck. She wanted more, way more. She reluctantly sat back down on his lap as she looked over at Yoora who was making a face.

“If you’re trying to do that to make me leave it isn’t going to work.” She said as her face screwed up in both disgust and anger.

“Yoora, leave.” Jiho said with an annoyed sigh. “Can’t you see you’re disrupting something private?” Jiho said without taking his eyes off of Eunmi who was staring at Yoora.

Yoora scoffed as she began to approach the couple sitting on the couch, and as if a switch was flicked on, Eunmi became very stiff and tense. Jiho could feel how her leg muscles clenched around his own and he looked up at Eunmi with surprise.

“Don’t come any closer Yoo Yoora.” Eunmi said with a calm gaze, yet a malicious gaze. Yoora stopped dead in her tracks as she looked over at Eunmi with a slightly shocked gaze.

“What gives you the right to speak to me like that?” Yoora spat as she stood her ground.

Eunmi sat up straighter and stared at Yoora. “If you want to talk about formalities, my wealth and status give me the right to speak to you which ever way I wish to speak. So if I were you I pay attention to the way you speak to me.” She stated. Yoora looked almost taken aback by that statement.

“Now, I advise you to do as Jiho has told you to. Leave, before one of us use our power to both physically and socially make you leave.” Eunmi continued as she looked dead seriously at Yoora.

Jiho looked up at Eunmi with shock. He had seen her once use that kind of cunning threat around Yoora at his party but he never knew she was capable of actually sounding completely threatening someone and being convincing about it.

Yoora stared at Eunmi for several more seconds before she stomped her foot on the hard wood floor.

“This is so not over!” She yelled, as she turned around on the ball of her foot and made for the door of Jiho’s apartment. “You hear that Woo Jiho?! You’ll never get rid of me!” was the last they heard of Yoora before a loud slamming of his door was heard.

Silence enveloped them, and as soon as Eunmi realized that the situation was over, she deflated and slumped, feeling exhausted and sick of herself. She hated using threats to get her own way or using her power to belittle other people. That was what her father did, and every time a situation arose where she had to use threats she felt as though she were becoming a monster like her father.

“Whoa.” Jiho whistled as he looked at Eunmi with a newfound appreciation. “I didn’t know you could do that.” He said pulling up her chin so that she would look at him.

“I don’t like doing that…” Eunmi whispered. “I’m a monster.” She pushed Jiho’s hand off of her face and got up off his lap. She headed towards Jihos bedroom where she changed into the clothing that she arrived in.

Jiho just watched her with sad eyes and he ran a hand through his hair as he sat back and contemplated what just happened between the two of them. He just had one of the hottest make out sessions he has ever had with anyone, and it was all ruined by his ex. He sighed as he stood up and walked towards his room. Just as he was about to knock on the door, Eunmi opened it standing in her dress. He looked down at her and bit his lip, tempted to grab her face and pull it towards his own for another make out session, but he restrained himself.

“I’ll take you home.” He said simply as he turned around and walked back to the living room where he picked up his sweater and fished out his wallet and keys. He turned around when he saw that Eunmi had not followed him, and noticed that she had stayed standing in the middle of his living room – looking at him.

“What?” He asked as a playful smirk laced his face. Eunmi just shook her head as if she were clearing it from a daze and made her way past Jiho to his entrance to put on her shoes.

*

It didn’t take Jiho long to drop off Eunmi at her house, but he felt horrible when he noticed how tense she looked. He had kept her past the normal allotted time that his mother would have kept her out to dinner and he knew that she would get a repercussion for it.

“Why don’t you just let me talk to him?” He said as he turned to Eunmi who was looking tense.

“He wouldn’t listen to you anyways.” She said not looking at him. She took a big breath then looked at him with a genuine smile. “Thanks for tonight.” She added as she leaned in quick and placed her lips on his.

This took Jiho by surprise and he didn’t have enough time to react. He just sat there in the drivers seat looking stunned as Eunmi walked out of the car and up her drive.

Whether Eunmi would be beat tonight, she didn’t care – for the first time in her life since her mothers death she actually thought that it was worth it. She turned around when she was at her door and waved at Jiho who waved back with a bashful smile. She took a deep breath and entered her house.

“Where have you been?!” A deep rumbling voice boomed across the house. Eunmi winced as she watched the maids scatter away to hide.

“Miss Eunmi – please be careful.” One of the maids whispered to her before scattering off to the servants quarters where the others were hiding.

“Answer me now!” Her fathers voiced echoed through the house. Eunmi made her way towards his study with her head hanging low. She entered the study and bowed low to her father who’s face was contorted in rage.

“Answer me!” He bellowed again making Eunmi wince.

“I was out to dinner…” She said as her heard her father approach her. Her whole body felt like one giant coil.

“You we’re out with that boy! How dare you go against me and see him without notifying me!” He shouted as he hand came down hard against the right side of her face.

She let out a gasp of pain as her hand reflexively grabbed on to it.

“Father! Remember the wedding before you hit me!” Eunmi said in desperation. The last thing she wanted was a bruised face for her wedding, she didn’t care about the rest of her body – but her face was her face was hard to hide and it made her embarrassed.

“Remember the wedding? Remember the wedding?!” He laughed bitterly as he brought his hand down on her once again, causing Eunmi to cry out in pain. The sound of his hand connecting onto her face echoed throughout the room.

“I will make you so ugly that you will cancel that the people who attend the wedding will know to never associate with you!” He said again as he brought his fist put in a tight a quick punch under her jaw which caused Eunmi to bit down hard on her tongue. She let out a scream as blood began to make itself way out of mouth.

“Please… please stop this!” Eunmi pleaded as she held her face with both hands. But her please we’re just laughed at as her father continued to beat Eunmi.

After one hit, Eunmi hit the floor in a daze. Her father had struck her head so hard that her vision began to blur. She blinked hard a couple of times to try and regain her vision. She had never experienced this before and she was beginning to panic. As she tried to fight off the haziness that was threatening her vision her father continues to give his anger filled blows to her body. Her body jerked with every hit, but it was almost like she could no longer feel the hits. Little by little as her vision escaped her, she felt numb and almost comforted.

Then, as her father gave one last spite filled kick and Eunmi’s vision went dark and she blissfully let herself embrace the darkness.

*

Jiho sat on his bed biting his nails. He tried to text Eunmi all night, and he didn’t hear anything from her, which was not normal since she would always reply back within seconds.

Finally after battling with himself he decided to call her. After several rings it her phone picked up and he let out a relived sigh.

“Yah! Why didn’t you pick up your phone! You had me worried!” He exclaimed as he laid down on his bed and raking a hand through his hair.

There was a clearing of a throat and then a quiet whisper that Jiho couldn’t make out.

“What?” He said with a creased brow.

“Mr- Mr. Woo… I can’t speak loud, but please do not be mad at me picking up Miss Eunmi’s phone…” Said a hushed voice. Jiho sat bolt up right.

“What’s going on? Why isn’t Eunmi answering her phone?” Jiho asked frantically. There was silence on the other line and Jiho suddenly felt angry out of desperation. “Tell me now!” He exclaimed.

“Mr. Kang was very angry this evening…” The maid on the other end of the line began. “Eunmi… Miss Eunmi was sent to the hospital…”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gah, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a litte over a month!
I feel like I am losing my touch! But to be honest, I'm really not good with all this angst stuff... so if you guys don't mind I think I may just jump into the good stuff and get the fluff and on the road?

 

To be honest, I was thinking of actually deleting this story and writing a new one for you guys... this is just so depressing. :(
 

Tell me what you think... but ugh, my inspiration is lacking
I NEED A BLOCK B COMEBACK!!

 

P.S. Guess who got accepted to the first of three rounds to go to Yonsei?!
Also, I'm back from VACA, and Spring Break is around the corner... so a good possibility of writing! :3

Thanks for sticking with me.

-A <3