The Confrontation

Body Language

Several hours later, Eunmi woke up and gently pried Jiho’s arms off her body. She quietly walked over to the washroom, where she almost frantically looked for something that would help achieve her plan.

She had a gnawing feeling that her father would attempt something in the morning, and so she had to act quickly. It was almost 5 in the morning and she knew her father would be here bright and early.

As quickly as she began her search she found what she was looking for – a razor. It took her some time, but she eventually was able to remove a single blade from the razor. Once that was complete, she quietly made her way back to the bed, where Jiho was still sound asleep. She crept back into bed and positioned herself before she slipped her hands under the sheet and brought her foot up close to her. Once she was in the ideal position she slide the blade quickly over the arch of her foot. She winced as pain shot through her body. Once she knew her foot was bleeding enough, she moved her foot across the white sheets.

She let out the breath that she had been holding in when she finished staining the sheets, and looked over at Jiho, who was still sound asleep. She once again crept out of bed and headed to the washroom to fix her wound. She found the band aids and patched up her foot so that she wouldn’t dirty the rest of the apartment and be found out by her father.

Limping, she walked out of the washroom, and searched around for the shirt that Jiho had been wearing when they met up. Conveniently, Jiho had left it on top of his dresser so Eunmi, as silently as she could, took off her shirt and replaced it with his.

Once that was complete she left the bedroom and sat at the kitchen counter, waiting for her fathers arrival. Call her paranoid all you like, but she knew her father better than anyone else. She knew he was coming, and no matter what, she would be ready for him.

She began to fidget while holding a cup of now cold tea in her hands. It was only a matter of minutes before her father would make his presence. She could almost feel on her skin, the prickling of her hairs standing on end. The sun had begun to make its way in the sky giving enough light to light up the city. She waited, counting ever tick and toc coming from the clock on the wall until suddenly with a great start, the door flew open.

Eunmi, startled spilled some of her tea onto the table and rushed over to the front door where her father stood with a determined look on his face. When he spotted her rage began to creep its way into his face.

“Father what are you doing here so early?” Eunmi asked in a hushed tone. The last thing she wanted was for Jiho to wake up and witness the horrors that her father could inflict.

“Have you done it? Have you consummated the marriage?” He asked in a loud voice that seemed the echo throughout the house.

“Father, please. Jiho is still sleeping.” Eunmi replied looking down at her feet. She couldn’t look her father in the face – if she did she would lose all of her already small confidence.

“You did, didn’t you? You !” He replied. Eunmi looked up at regretted it instantly. She knew she was in for something bad.

Her fathers face was contorted with so much rage that Eunmi began to cower. Her father raised his fist and began to repeatedly hit Eunmi. She tried to block the attack but her fathers strength was no match for hers. She let out a small cry of pain as she went down and her father continued her continuous blows. She tried her hardest to not make any sound to not wake Jiho, but it was useless, the pain was too intense.

She wished she could cry out to Jiho, but this wasn’t his battle and she didn’t want him to get involved with her father. She lay in a ball on the floor trying her hardest to defused the blows but soon her breath was leaving her lungs and she was struggling to breath.

“Raise your fist one more time, and I swear to God I will expose you.” A deep voice said from across the room.

Eunmi looked up from her position and saw that Jiho was holding his phone – filming the whole scene. Her father straightened up to his full height and looked over at Jiho with a defiant glare.

“I’ll ruin you before you even have the chance to publish that footage.” Her father replied as he made his way towards Jiho.

“Father, don’t touch him!” Eunmi screamed. Eunmi struggled to stand up, but when she did she walked over and put herself in between Jiho and her father.

“Yes – I consummated the marriage. Wasn’t that part of the plan?” Eunmi said still unable to meet her fathers.

“How defiant you have become now that you are married Eunmi… I’m almost inclined to not believe you at all…” Her father replied with a sickening chuckle.

Eunmi’s head shot up and she looked at her father. Moments before he had called her a for having and now he was denying that she had even done it? Confusion ran through her, but before she could reply, Jiho had swiftly moved her behind him.

“Do you want to see the proof then?” Jiho said with a raised brow and a challenge to his voice.

Eunmi blanched. Jiho was bluffing – he didn’t know of the preparations she had done last night. Panic ran through her.

“By the look on my daughters face – I dare say, the both of you are bluffing.” Her father began to laugh and shake his head. “Ruining this marriage was easier than I thought.” He tsked and began to walk away but Jiho stopped him.

“Why don’t you come and take a look yourself if you are so confident.” He said, and gestured for Eunmi’s father to walk in the direction of their bedroom.

Eunmi watched with round horror stricken eyes as her father made his way into the bedroom. He theatrically threw off the duvet cover, and exposed the blood stained sheets. He stared at them for a few seconds and then looked back at them. He stared at Eunmi, who was hiding behind Jiho – clutching the back of his shirt.

“Satisfied?” Jiho said. When Eunmi’s father nodded and began to make his way out of the room, Jiho stopped him.

“I may be young – but this is a warning. Ever touch my wife again and I will expose you. The day you signed that contract you handed her over to me. She is no longer yours, and any punishment you see fit, you will have to consult me, and only me. If I ever see you near her again, mark my words, I will ruin you.”

Her father stared at him for several seconds before pushing his way out of the room and then out of the apartment with a loud slam of the door. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's such a short chapter! But I wanted to update you guys asap!
As y'all know I'm in Korea, and if you want to follow my adventures then please follow/visit my blog at:

myseoultoyours.tumblr.com 

 

Please leave me lots of comments, and I'll have a new chapter up soon! (It's almost finished :D )

 

-A