After Thoughts

Body Language

Jiho arrived back at his dorm late Sunday evening, after arguing with his mother over the supper. He had argued with her that it was unfair for her to put him in the situation that she did. After all, how could he alone be the savior of an abused girl? How was marriage going to solve the problem?

He just couldn’t wrap his head around his mother pleading explanation, and so he left with a bitter taste in his mouth and memories of Eunmi’s voice.

He walked into his dorm, and sat down on his couch facing his flat screen TV screen lost in thought. It was only when he felt a pair of legs wrap around his hips that he snapped out of his thoughts. He looked up to see his on and off again girlfriend, looking down at him, straddling his lap.

“What are you thinkin’ of?” She asked curiously cocking her head to the side. Jiho sighed and shook his head, becoming annoyed at her childish aeygo.

“Stuff.” He replied as he leaned his head back on the back of the couch, looking up at her. Truth was, he was still thinking about Eunmi.

His girlfriend leaned down and lightly kissed him on the lips. “So where were you this weekend? I called but you didn’t pick up.” She said as she sat back up and ran her hands along his chest.

Jiho knew that one of the only reasons why she was with him was because of the . They had liked each other at one point, but now they were both in it for the – or at least Jiho was. It wasn’t a bad thing, since he didn’t have time to court girls, and there weren’t many in his program, so she would have to do. But one thing was for sure, all feelings were gone for her, he didn’t like her in the same way he did before.

“I had to go over to my parents. My mother arranged a dinner with someone she wants me to marry.” He said in a sigh.

His girlfriend paused what she was doing and stared at him.

“Marriage?” She said in a serious tone. “But does she know that you’re dating me?” She suddenly said, a shade of green tinting her expression.

Jiho looked at her and sighed once again, this time rubbing a hand over his face.

“You have told you mom about me right?” She asked, this time sounding mad.

“I’m not going to marry the girl, so quit with the jealously. I just did my mom a favor by going to the bloody dinner.” He replied, getting ticked off by her tone.

His girlfriend continued to rub his firm chest with her hand, before leaning in and kissing him once again, this time more passionately.

“Was she prettier than me?” She asked seductively in his ear as she bit down on his earlobe.

Jiho didn’t answer out loud, but he had no doubt confirmed her answer in his mind. He then picked her up by her hips and deposited her on the couch next to him.

“I’m not in the mood today – and I have lots of homework to finish.” He stated as he stood up and walked into his room, leaving his girlfriend sitting dumbfounded and angry on the couch.

Truth was, Jiho wasn’t going to get much homework done as his thoughts kept jumping back to Eunmi.

*

Eunmi, stayed in her room for as long as she could on Sunday before emerging for something to eat. Her father had returned the night before and had thankfully gone straight to his room, leaving Eunmi to have a night of peace.

She had stayed up quite late last night, unable to sleep as her thoughts swam around with Jiho in them. He was not like the other boys that she had met. He seems intrigued in her – which was a first. Yet, there was also a resentment in his body language, like he could not accept that his mother had put him in this situation.

She sighed. He was her type, and if there was anyone who she had to be arranged to marry, he would probably her first pick. Guilt swam within her – he deserved to marry someone who he wanted and loved, not some quiet, introverted woman.

She quietly made her way down to the kitchen, to find a few maids cooking something on the stove. They turned to face her when she walked in and suddenly their eyes grew. Fear shot through their faces. They began to shoo Eunmi away with their hands, gesturing for her to return to her room.

“Miss! Go hide! Stay hidden!” One of the young maids harshly whispered as she looked at Eunmi with panicked eyes.

Eunmi’s heart began to race, as she recognized the warning. The warning meant that her father was fuming and his target was now her. She bowed quickly and tried to quietly make her way back to her room, but was caught when she was carefully climbing the stairs.

“Kang Eunmi.” Said a deep voice from the landing below. Eunmi froze mid step, her blood draining from body. She quickly regained her composure and looked at her father.

“Y-yes?” She replied quietly, already knowing what her father would ask her. She began to slowly make her way down the stairs that she had been trying to escape with.

“My study – now.” He boomed as he his heel and walked in the direction of his study.

Eunmi’s legs almost gave out from under her. She knew nothing good would come out of this, yet she had no choice but to follow him. She slowly makes her way to his study, and when she finally gets to the door, she sees that her father is standing, with his back to her, his hands on his hips.

“Close the door.” He said curtly, and Eunmi jumped at the sound, and with a shaking hand slowly closed the door, trying to contain the cries that were threatening to pour out of her. She slowly turned to face her face, and immediately dropped her head.

“Do you know why I called you in here?” Her father asked. Eunmi just silently shook her and still looked down at her feet, awaiting her fate. “Look up.” He boomed at her.

Eunmi silently obeyed her fathers command and looked up. Her father was facing her now, playing with the rings on his fingers that weren’t there a moment ago. Her fathers face was calm as he looked down at her and suddenly – too fast for Eunmi to register – his face contorted and his hand came down on her face. The slap was sudden and Eunmi didn’t feel any pain until several seconds later when her brain finally caught up with her nerve endings. She let out a small cry as she cupped her face, the shock of the pain catching her off guard. Her hands were shaking as she looked down at her feet – avoiding her fathers gaze.

“I told you to do everything in your power to make sure this arrangement would work!” He billowed. Eunmi flinched at his voice and whimpered.  “Yet you walk in with a bloody dress that covers all your skin!” He yelled again, slapping again across her face. His rings – which he turned so that they were facing the inside of his hand – scraped across her face causing her to bleed.

“I tried my best!” Eunmi finally said as her legs gave out from under her. She fell on her knees and covered her face with her hand, trying to stop the bleeding.

“Tried your best? Tried your best?!” He said, this time his voice came out in a scary whisper. Eunmi dared to look up, and then she suddenly regretted it. Her fathers face was contorted in so much anger, that she wanted to curl up into a ball and disappear. She hadn’t seen her father this angry in a very long time.

With one grand movement, he swooped down and grabbed a fist full of her hair and yanked her upward, so that she was standing on her feet. She stood, whimpering, until her he kicked her feet from under her and she landed hard on her hip. She let out a small cry but then quickly tried to contain it.

“You are useless!” He spat at her. “How many times have you messed up perfect business plans because you cannot sell yourself to a man!” He kicked her hard in the stomach – so hard that Eunmi heaved. She gasped for air yet nothing was flowing into her lungs.  Her father kicked her again and she began to see black spots in her vision from the lack of air.

Suddenly there was a knock on the study door. Her father looked up mid kick. “What is it?” He shouted in raged that someone had interrupted him.

“Sir – please excuse me, but you have an urgent call on the line.” Eunmi noticed the voice of one of the butlers said from the other side of the door.

Her father heaved a sigh and looked down at Eunmi one more time, before crouching down and grabbing her face, hard within his strong hand.

“Hear this – because of your actions you will continue to pay.” And with that he threw Eunmi’s head down. Her head hit the hard wood floor and her vision turned dark.

“Pick up the mess she made.” Her father said to one of the maids on her way out.

Eunmi lay on the floor of her fathers study in a small pool of her own blood.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I guess I'm not that good at writing violent scenes? This took me forever to write!

I'm so sorry to have kept you waiting! But alas an update!
Hmmmm, do you think Zico's 'gilfriend' will haunt Eunmi? Hmm... do I scence some drammmma? ;)

Have a great night!

I have quite the filled week, but I promise to update as soon as possible!

-A

(Poor Eunmi!)

P.S, to those subscribed to my The Transfer Trainee, I will update soon!