Wedding

Body Language

One month later:

 

The wedding was postponed by a month, which rallied everyone’s suspicions about the Kang household, yet Eunmi’s father was able to clear his name and convince people that Eunmi was in an accident.

Eunmi was standing in a small room at the back of the church, staring at her reflection in the mirror. She still had some minor bruising around her arms, and if she moved too quickly her breath was cut short from her healing ribs, but apart from that she was healed and ready to head down the aisle.

She leaned into the mirror and quickly fixed a strand of hair that had fallen out of place. She was wearing a dress, which flared out at the hips, with lace sleeves and a gold belt. It was a little modern for her taste, but she loved it. It was the perfect dress that fit her like a glove. Though she was comfortable in her dress, she still had an uneasy feeling in the bottom of her stomach. She still felt bad for Jiho – having to be thrown into her personal issues like he had. She remembered when she had finally come to at the hospital, he was the first person she saw, and the concern etched on his face broke her heart. Once he had gotten the true story out of her he looked so mad, that for a moment she was actually scared he would do something reckless.

She sighed as she ringed her fingers in her hand. Her palms we’re sweaty and she felt slightly sick. The media we’re going to be present at the end of the wedding and she was scared to encounter them. What if she embarrassed her father? What kinds of consequences would she receive from him? All these thoughts we’re running through her mind before someone interrupted them.

“You look beautiful my dear!” Jiho’s mom chimed in as she looked at her soon to be daughter from the other end of the room. She was wearing a sophisticated pant suit – in tope – with gorgeous pearl jewelry. She was a stunning masterpiece herself.

“You look just as beautiful.” Eunmi said in a small bashful voice.

She smiled at her soon to be mother-in-law with gratefulness. If it hadn’t been for her, Eunmi would have canceled the wedding, too ashamed to face the Woo family. But it was Mrs. Woo who revised their contract to best suit Eunmi in the marriage and to protect her. She didn’t know what Mrs. Woo said to her father, but she knew from the look on her fathers face that her words we’re not kind and struck a cord. He had immediately left the hospital without even seeing Eunmi.

“Hush! Today is your day to shine, and I know for a fact that you will blow everyone away. Especially Jiho.” She said with a tender smile. “You know, he’s been boasting about you to all his friends. It’s pretty funny actually, when I walked into the room he was beet red after Kyung said something about charming you out of this marriage.” She laughed to herself as she picked up Eunmi’s bouquet of flowers.

Eunmi smiled. “Jiho does seem to be quite protective.” Eunmi continued as Mrs. Woo handed her her flowers.

“I’ve never seen my son this protective and happy over a girl. It’s nice to see.” Mrs. Woo replied lovingly. “Now – lets get out there and show you off!” She exclaimed grabbing Eunmi’s hand and gently walking her over to where her father was waiting.

Mrs. Woo could feel Eunmi instantly tense when she saw her father, and she reassuringly squeezed her hand. “When you walk down that aisle, just remember how proud I am to have you as my daughter-in-law and how happy your mother would be to see you with Jiho. It was her wish my dear Eunmi, and you are fulfilling it.” She leaned in then and gave her a quick peek on the cheek before slightly bowing to her father and making her way down the aisle to where she would sit.

Eunmi stood awkwardly next to her father, waiting for the music to start. She began to fidget when her father ignored her presence. After several excruciating long minutes the music began, and her father finally turned to face her. He looked at her, and blanched before resuming his previous passive face. He cleared his throat as he grabbed her arm roughly, tucking it into his own.

“You look very much like your mother today.” He said, as he began to walk down the aisle.

Eunmi was startled, and tried to regain her composure but it was hard to struggle with everyone around her staring. She tried to smile, but she knew it looked force so she dropped it and tried to focus on the priest that was standing at the alter. Her father had complimented her. It was one of the only nice things he had said to her since she was a child.

Before Eunmi would organize her thoughts, her hand was harshly trusted into another pair – this time soft and warm. She looked up slightly confused only to see Jiho standing beside her with his mouth in a tight line. She could barely hear what her father had said to him, but she could see how Jiho smiled a forced smile before bowing and turning back to her.

“You look… stunning Eunmi.” He said quietly as he walked her up next to the priest. It was the first time since she had begun her decent down the aisle that she had fully took in her surroundings. They we’re in the church that her parents were married in, the church where both she and Jiho we’re baptized in. It was one of the oldest Christian churches in Seoul, and its architecture was fashioned in the medieval style. It was utterly gorgeous, but not as gorgeous as the man that stood before her.

Eunmi was utterly speechless looking into the handsome face of her soon to be husband. He was wearing a black 3 piece suit with gold accessories to match her own. The gold somehow made his eyes a darker shade making them look almost black, and his hair was styled back from his face, accenting his eyes.

“You…” She breathed. She couldn’t even find the words to describe how Jiho looked. All the words to describe beauty did not match up to what she had felt he looked like.

Jiho smiled, noticing the slight blush the crept up her face at her inability to speak. “It’s ok, tell me later.” He said with a wink as the priest began her sermon.

Jiho and Eunmi thankfully exchanged vows without any hitches and exchanged rings. When the priest announced it was time that the groom kiss his bride and make the union official, Jiho leaned in, and lovingly cupped her face with both hands, planting a soft yet chaste kiss on her lips before pulling away. Eunmi was left in a daze, her hand automatically flew to her lips. She looked over at the crowd in the church and was taken aback by how man people looked up at the young couple lovingly.

Jiho grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze before bowing. Eunmi followed suit and then they began to walk down the aisle. She couldn’t help but let herself smile as she looked up at Jiho’s smug looking face. He looked proud as he looked over at his friends who were clapping and catcalling the couple. Eunmi looked at them and gave them a slight bow of respect as Jiho lead her past them.

It wasn’t till after they passed Jiho’s group of friends that she noticed that one of his friends did not look particularly happy. She looked back briefly, but lost sight of him, as the church was now beginning to file out along with them.

“Are you ready?” Jiho asked.  Eunmi looked up at him startled, his voice catching her off guard.

“Ready for what?” She replied, looking up at him wide eyed. He looked down at her and gave her a reassuring smile.

“The media will go crazy once they see you.” He said with a wink, causing Eunmi to let out a small giggle.

“I wouldn’t leave yourself out either.” Eunmi replied cheekily. Jiho blushed and quickly looked away. He heaved a great breath and opened the grand doors of the church, only to be encountered by the flashing of cameras.

Eunmi had to admit that it was intimidating to have so many people taking a picture of her, but once she felt Jiho’s strong arm wind its way around her back she felt comfortable and safe. Soon she allowed herself to smile and to pose for the cameras with Jiho. She even went as far as to allowing the cameras to capture them kiss.

Once the media died down, the officially photographer of the wedding began to assemble the individuals of the wedding on the steps of the church to take group pictures. The sun was hot and beating down on them and Eunmi felt exhausted. She looked up at Jiho and noticed how pained his expression was.

The sun was bright and shining in his eyes, making him squint, and beads of sweat we’re dripping down the side of his neck from the heat. Without giving it a second thought, Eunmi reached up and gently wiped away the sweat, and fixing his make up. He looked over at her with a loving smile.

“Thank you beautiful.” He whispered close to her ear.

Eunmi smiled, the butterflies in her stomach fluttering around in excitement at the sound of his voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the hiatus... but I'm BACK!!



I left you guys hanging didn't I? I'm really really really sorry! But things this semester kinda got really outta control. You see, a few updates back I told you that I had applied for a University exchange to Yonsei (A Uni in Korea) and well...
I GOT ACCEPTED!
So I'm actually leaving (hopefully everything will go according to plan) on the 22nd of August!
So I'm kinda freakin' out. D:

But that being said, I have 2 more projects to finish up by friday, and then my grogeous readers, I'm all yours!
I have a new fic in mind actually... I know I know you're probably all rolling your eyes at me. I need to finish my actually fics that I start, but its another Zico one... and it's actually really different from my prevous stories.
But alas.. I shall finish this one first.

 

To be honest I don't think they'll be many more chapters to this fic, but on a good note, they'll all be fluffy and ty and not so angsty. How's that? I feel horrid for keeping you waiting, so I shall speed up the proccess and give you the goods!

Thank you for sticking with me! <3
I love you all, and have a good read.


P.S Sorry if there are a crap ton of errors, I wrote this in word vomite mode.
Sorry!