Eight

The Forbidden Child [ Semi-Hiatus ]
"Seida! Up and at 'em! It's time for school!"
 
"Mom.... give me five more minutes...."
 
Luhan rolled his eyes and grabbed a pillow, hitting the girl's head. "Like your mom would even bother to wake you up. Your mom doesn't even want to live with you."
 
"Ouch," she mumbled sarcastically, not even sure herself if she was responding to the hit from the pillow or Luhan's blow about her mom. Either way, she didn't care.
 
"Seida, c'mon. I wanna get there fast."
 
"Why..?"
 
"I wanna squeeze in some ing time before classes start. Duh."
 
"With who?" she finally sat up, stretching her arms lazily and looking at the clock. It was 5:30; apparently Luhan was very determined to have before class. 
 
"I dunno, the first hot chick I make eye contact with, I guess."
 
"I'm not having with you," she replied, sliding out of bed and making her way to her closet.
 
"Ha ha," he rolled his eyes, watching her as he pushed his hands into his pockets. "You're so funny. I'm not talking about you. I can have with you whenever I want, my little ," he smirked evilly and she threw a coat hanger at him in response.
 
"Ow," he complained, rolling his eyes again. "Take a joke, woman. I'm going to be in my room. Let me know when you're ready, and make it quick."
 
She contemplated on whether or not to throw another coat hanger at him before finally letting him walk out of the room undisturbed. 
 
_____________________________________________
 
 
"Seida, would you happen to know where your brother is?"
 
Seida looked up at the handsome teacher and smiled sweetly but apologetically.
 
"I'm sorry, Mr. Lee. I have no idea. It's not like him to skip class.."
 
Except when he's banging some bimbo in the girls' locker room.
 
"Hm, alright. Maybe he'll show up later," the man shrugged and handed her the worksheet the class was currently working on. He smiled at her before walking back to his desk.
 
"What the hell is this ?" she mumbled to herself, looking at the problems in disbelief. Unfortunately, staring at them wasn't doing anything to solve them. She looked back up at the man sitting at his desk and barely smirked thoughtfully to herself.
 
Looks like I'll need some extra help.
 
___________________________________________
 
 
"You're staying after school? With him?" Luhan frowned, looking down at his half sister as they stood outside of the BMW in the school parking lot. "Why?"
 
"For help in math, of course," she replied nonchalantly, batting her eyelashes mocking innocence.
 
"Seida, come on. You can't be serious. He's.."
 
"A mortal? Like all of the girls you've been ing this past week?"
 
"So you do want to him today?!" 
 
She paused and frowned, crossing her arms. "That's none of your business, and I don't even know the answer to that anyways. For now, I just want to see what kind of person he is. Figure out what he's into."
 
"Probably not high school girls," he retorted, frowning back. 
 
"I'm a ing goddess, Luhan."
 
The boy rolled his eyes, opening the car door. "Fine. Do whatever you want, ."
 
She rolled her eyes too. "Stop being such a jealous little ."
 
"I'm not jealous. I'm just disgusted you want to mess around with HIM. He's like forty."
 
"He's nowhere near forty, and at least he doesn't look like a baby like you do!" 
 
Luhan immediately glared at her and she immediately (somewhat) regretted what she had said; Luhan absolutely hated being called anything related to babyish or girly. 
 
"You're a selfish , Seida. I'm just looking out for you. Dad will ing kill you if you show any type of special interest in this mortal, and you know that." 
 
Before she could respond, he got inside and slammed the door. She watched as he sped out of the parking lot and sighed frustrated to herself. As much as she and her brother enjoyed getting on each other's nerves, neither of them liked actually fighting.
 
'He'll get over it,' she finally thought to herself, turning around and walking back to the school. She wasn't going to let Luhan's words get to her, and it wasn't like she was serious about pursuing Mr. Lee. There was no way she would ever fall in love with him; she was positive she would eventually discover some trait in him that she disliked and therefore would never be interested in him as a boyfriend.
 
She walked inside and headed for the man's classroom, peeking in and knocking on the open door. 
 
"Hey, Mr. Lee. Sorry I took so long," she apologized as he looked up. 
 
He smiled charmingly and shook his head, waving it off nonchalantly. "It's fine. Were you talking to your brother?"
 
She rolled her eyes and sat down at the desk near his. "More so arguing than talking, but yeah."
 
He chuckled amused, raising an eyebrow. "Is everything alright? You guys seem pretty close, I didn't think you fought that much." 
 
'Closer than you think,' she thought to herself, fighting the urge to laugh sarcastically. "Yeah," she replied out loud, "we're fine. He's just pissed that he has to come back and get me when we're done."
 
It was a lie of course, but she wasn't even sure if Luhan would do that anyways. She was already starting to figure out a way in her head to convince him to come get her until Mr. Lee spoke.
 
"I can give you a ride home if you want. I've got nothing scheduled after this." 
 
She blinked then smiled, looking up at him. "Really? That would be great, thanks." 
 
He nodded and smiled back, silently wondering why he was doing this. Although it didn't seem like a big deal, giving a student a ride could be misinterpreted by others very easily in certain cases. He normally did his best to avoid this type of drama in the old schools he taught at, even when the girls flirted with him nonstop. He wanted to maintain his mature and professional image as a teacher, especially in this new school.
 
Why he had so willingly offered the girl a ride without a second thought, he had no idea. He had an urge to become closer to her and understand her story, mainly because she was so different from everyone else. At the same time, he was forcing himself to keep his distance, not wanting to break through their teacher-student relationship.
 
"Let's start on the homework," he said somewhat abruptly, trying to get his mind to stop racing. 
 
She simply raised an eyebrow almost amused but nodded obediently, taking out her work from her bag and barely glancing at him every now and then as he explained the problems to her. She found herself loving the sound of his voice- it was almost musical. It subtly went up and down as he spoke, making him sound passionate about practically anything he was talking about. It was gentle yet firm, clearly showing authority yet giving way for her to pitch in as well. 
 
"How about you try this one now?" he asked, snapping her out of her fascination. She nodded and looked down at the problem, writing down her work remembering bits and pieces of what he had just told her. 
 
"That's it," he smiled encouragingly, nodding as he watched her write out the different steps to solving the equation. 
 
She almost laughed at how cute it was, then almost barfed at almost laughing at that. 'Since when do I think of boys as cute?' she thought to herself, barely wrinkling her nose as she continued writing. When she finally finished, she set her pencil down and looked up at him. "Is that right?"
 
He looked it over and nodded, making eye contact with her and smiling. "Perfect. You catch on pretty quick. Are you sure you needed extra help?" he joked, tilting his head.
 
"What can I say, I'm just really smart, I guess," she chuckled slightly and he joined in, raising an eyebrow in amusement.
 
"Then let's see how you do the other ones, hm?"
 
She blinked and sighed dramatically. "Ah... I think I'll just do those later. Like tomorrow. Before class starts."
 
He laughed softly shaking his head. "Oh no, I don't think so. Unless you don't want that ride home, you're staying here and finishing that while I'm here to help you. Got it?"
 
She groaned playfully in frustration. "Fine, but only because I'm so eager to get that ride with you," she replied half sarcastically. 
 
He laughed and stood up, going over to his desk. "I have some grading to do, but just let me know if you need any help, okay?"
 
She shot him a thumbs up not even looking up at him, her attention back on the homework. He watched her for a few moments with interest before sitting down at his desk. Had they just been flirting? He bit his lip slightly, pretending to be focused on the stack of tests in front of him. He had never talked to a student in such a playful, friendly manner before. 
 
'Calm down, Donghae,' he thought to himself, mentally rolling his eyes. 'You joked around a bit. That isn't a scandal.' 
 
The girl began to look up and he immediately looked back down at his tests, pretending to look over the first page in immense concentration. He could see her out of the corner of his eye as she appeared to be studying him with interest before looking back at her work. 
 
He didn't want to risk looking back up, so his eyes fell on the books on his desk instead. He had bought two new books on Greek mythology recently, both about Hades, the god of the dead. Even though he was considered the villain in most myths, Donghae really liked the god and his stories for some reason. He knew almost every Greek myth and god out there. 
 
"Mr. Lee, I need help with the last one," Seida suddenly called, and he quickly stood up and went over to the brunette's desk. 
 
"Ah, that's easy," he smiled and started explaining it to her carefully. 
 
As he watched her do the problem, he couldn't help but anticipate the ride home.