Eleven

The Forbidden Child [ Semi-Hiatus ]

The second Seida walked into her math class, almost dropped open at the sight before her. She slowly felt her insides boil with hatred towards the woman in the classroom, currently chatting it up with Mr. Lee without a care in the world. 

The goddess of love looked up and smiled brightly at her daughter as if nothing were wrong.

She was in disguise, but of course she still looked as beautiful as ever. The golden locks were only a bit duller and bright blue eyes less vivid, but the ethereal glow that came along with being a goddess was temporarily gone; she was trying to look like a regular human, after all. Her skin was a healthy bronze and her long legs appeared even more slender and fit thanks to her golden heels and well fitted dress. 

Seida wanted to snap her neck. 

"Oh, Seida," Mr. Lee smiled at her obliviously, nodding his head. "I was just telling your mom that you're in this period. She's here to talk about how you're doing in math." 

"Isn't it a bit too early in the year for that, Mother?" Seida questioned through slightly gritted teeth, trying to make her voice as smooth and harmonic as possible as she stepped closer to the woman and teacher. 

"Well, you've always had a hard time in math, and I just wanted to make sure you were more prepared this year," Aphrodite spoke in a musical, silky voice, her smile sickeningly sweet. "But I see you'll be fine with Donghae- I mean, Mr. Lee," she smiled at the man flirtatiously.

Seida wanted to barf as the man smiled back at her mother. They were on a first name basis now? She wondered what she had told him her name was. "Aphrodite" was obviously a bit too uncommon. 

"She's been doing pretty well. She came to me for extra help recently, as I told you," Mr. Lee nodded. "That's always a good first step."

"Of course," Aphrodite purred. "Thank you so much for helping her, you're one of her favorite teachers!"

Seida resisted the urge to slap her mother in the face, her gut almost hurting because of the anger building up inside of her.

"I don't have any favorite teachers. I hate all of them," she spoke bluntly, making the man laugh in amusement.

Aphrodite barely rolled her eyes. 

"Don't act like such a tough kid," she spoke calmly, petting her daughter's hair. 

Seida grit her teeth in frustration, immediately moving away from her mother's hand. 

She looked towards the class and rolled her eyes annoyed at the boys staring at her mom, already under the spell that came with the goddess of love. It wasn't long before Luhan walked in, and she noticed his immediate surprised expression at seeing the woman in their school. She gave him a look, and he automatically understood that she was pissed.

"Oh look, it's your brother," Aphrodite smiled, waving at the boy. "I hope you two are getting along nicely~!"

Seida glared at her before turning around, walking to her desk next to Luhan's and taking a seat. 

_____________________________________________


The bell rang and Donghae finally leaned back in his chair at his desk, watching his students gather their belongings and file out of the classroom.

His eyes fell on Seida, who still looked extremely annoyed from seeing her mother earlier. He barely chuckled to himself, running his fingers through his hair. Clearly there was something odd going on in her family, but he figured she was just the typical teenager who didn't exactly want to be embarrassed by her parents. 

He bit on his lip as he thought of her mother for the millionth time during the period. For some reason, she seemed to be ingrained in his thoughts. She was stunning, he had to admit, but it wasn't like him to think so obsessively about a woman he had just met. 

 

"Why don't we meet for dinner this Friday?" she suggested, a smile crossing her lips. "I'd like to get to know this miracle worker Seida actually appreciates..."

He blinked in surprise but smiled slightly, raising an eyebrow.

"Is a parent teacher conference like this not enough?"

"No," she replied bluntly, and he laughed in genuine amusement. "It's not enough, considering I owe you one for helping my daughter. It'll be my treat."

"Fine," he agreed, smiling a bit more. "But let me pay."

"Are you making this a date?" she teased, her bright blue eyes looking into his. 

"Maybe I am," he found himself saying, partly shocked at his own mouth. 

But then again, he had never made a rule to not date his students' parents. There was no harm in that, was there?

"You always get what you want, don't you?" the blonde smirked, cocking her head.

It reminded Donghae of Seida; it was almost eerily similar. Although they had completely different appearances, he could fully believe that the woman was Seida's mother.

"I suppose I do," he replied nonchalantly, barely smirking back. 

"Then I'll see you on Friday," she purred, tilting her head still smirking before standing up. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Donghae."

"And you as well, Venus." 

 


Donghae barely sighed, wondering if he had made the right decision. It was almost as if a different person had been controlling him when he had been talking to Seida's mother, but at the same time, he agreed with that person thoroughly. He wanted to see her again and he wanted to continue talking to her. 

But most of all, Donghae was hoping this date would help him to stop thinking of Seida. They clearly got along a little better than a teacher and a student normally should, and he wasn't sure if he was completely comfortable with that. Rumors spread easily around the school, and he didn't need anything going around that he was in a relationship with a student.

However, he sighed as he watched Seida leave the classroom without even looking at him, wondering why it bothered him so much. 

_______________________________________________


"What the hell was she doing here?"

Seida scowled at her brother's question, clenching her fists as she walked down the hallway with him.

"Trying to seduce our ing teacher. Luhan, her voice was dripping with charmspeak. It was gross."

Luhan wrinkled his nose, frowning to himself as he remembered the goddess' sneaky intentions. 

"I don't get why she wants him so badly," he spoke carefully, making sure his words didn't give away anything that he knew. 

If Seida were to find out that Aphrodite had talked to him privately and he hadn't told her, she would explode- especially since it was about her. Truthfully, he hated keeping things from his sister; but he had no choice. 

"Because she's a ," Seida replied bluntly, her dark eyes narrowing. "And she loves to piss me off."

"Why are you so upset?" Luhan asked curiously, glancing at her somewhat suspiciously. "I thought you just wanted him for a good ."

"It's still ing annoying that she's after him like this. Especially since she knows I want him as my own little toy." Seida scowled, her features tense.

Luhan studied her, keeping his skepticisms to himself. The last thing he wanted to do was start a fight with her, especially when she was already angry. 

"When are you going to Olympus again?" he changed the subject, hoping to clear the stormy atmosphere. 

Seida barely paused, her mind working rapidly with thoughts. 

"Tonight," she suddenly answered, her fists still clenched by her sides. "I want to see Kris."