Ten

The Forbidden Child [ Semi-Hiatus ]

Eros watched as his mistress stared at the screen in front of her, her blue eyes focused intently on the scene she was watching- most likely the mortal teacher she had been so interested in ever since Seida had gone back to school. Why she constantly kept an eye on him, Eros had no idea. All he knew was that he did not have a good feeling about it.

Himeros appeared behind him, a slight frown crossing his fair expression. They briefly made eye contact before looking once more at their mistress, watching her curiously. As much as they wanted to ask who this man was to her, they knew they had no choice but to remain silent and simply wait for her next orders. 

The goddess suddenly stood up, the screen in front of her vanishing. 

"I'm going outside for a bit," she spoke smoothly in her usual, melodious tone, a sweet but obviously fake smile crossing her lips. "Stay here, alright?"

The twins nodded dutifully but almost immediately exchanged nervous glances once the goddess left the grand throne room. 

"You don't think she's...."

"No. She hates going down there," Himeros replied to his brother, but Eros could hear his voice dripping with uncertainty.

______________________________________________


The car ride to school was a silent one. Seida wasn't as mad at her brother as she had been the night before, but she still didn't have much to say to him. 

As for Luhan, he was too caught up in his own thoughts to even try to bring things back to normal between them. The task Aphrodite had beset upon him seemed simple enough, yet it was almost impossible. 

His hands clenched the steering wheel tighter, his normally brown eyes a glum, gray color as he stared at the road ahead. 

"What's wrong?" Seida finally broke the silence, looking up at him. 

He tensed slightly in surprise but quickly loosened his shoulders. 

"Just thinking of when I'm going to see my mom next," he lied easily, a skill he had perfected over his eighteen years. "Kinda dreading it, but I've got to see her eventually,"

"Don't you get along fine with her?" Seida asked curiously, raising an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, I guess so. Just that I'm not in the mood to go back to Olympus."

That was the truth. Luhan knew the second he stepped foot up there, Aphrodite would practically pounce on him. 

"Seriously? You like it down here better?" Seida looked at him surprised.

He let out a somewhat bitter chuckle. "Sometimes."

She knew something else was wrong; Luhan was never this bland. He hadn't even cracked one ual joke that morning, but she had assumed it was because of their fight. But knowing her brother, he would either tell her what was going on when he felt comfortable or he would find a solution to it himself. Hades had raised all of his children to be independent and strong, and Luhan was one of his strongest children after all. 

"Are you staying after today?" Luhan suddenly asked, his voice a bit sour. 

"No," she replied flatly, staring straight ahead.

"How come?"

"Do you want me to?"

"No. But I know I have no influence on your decision to stay after or not."

"I don't need to," she shrugged. "I'm not going to cling to him every single minute of every single day. I'll see him when I need to."

Luhan felt a bit more relieved hearing that, but he wasn't sure what he was expecting anyways. Seida didn't need to make first moves or even flirt with a guy to get him attracted to her, so she never did. 

"So.. all you want to do is have with him...?" Luhan asked somewhat cautiously, hoping the question wouldn't be crossing any lines. He could talk to his sister about absolutely anything, but Mr. Lee was definitely a touchy subject. 

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever happens, happens. He's hot and I wouldn't mind fooling around with him, but I'm not desperately praying for it to happen or something." She looked up at him and sighed. "Can you just tell me why you care so much? I've had things with other mortals and neither you nor Mom freaked out this much."

'I wish I knew,' Luhan thought to himself, his eyes only staring at the road. He came up with the lame excuse that he had been repeating over and over again.

"Because you've never taken a 'thing' with a mortal so slowly. If this was like every other little 'thing', you would have banged him by now." 

"He's my teacher. It's harder this time," she pointed out stubbornly, but barely smirked. "And I do love a challenge."

Luhan mentally cursed. She had a point. Why the hell did he have to care so much? He couldn't tell her it was because her mother wanted him to tear her away from the male teacher- he didn't even know why she wanted him to. He forgot to respond to her, his mind racing back to about a week earlier while Seida had been visiting Hades in the Underworld. 

 

 

"Hello, Lulu~"

Luhan looked up in surprise from his math homework that he had actually been bored enough to attempt. His doe-like eyes slowly narrowed at the sight of the grinning woman before him.

"Don't call me that. I barely even know you." 

"But we're practically related," the goddess smirked and Luhan was almost amazed at how similar the expression was to Seida's. 

"What do you want?" he asked, standing up. "Seida isn't here, you should know that."

"Of course I do. I'm here to see you, sweetie."

He wrinkled his nose in disgust, glaring at her in annoyance. "Seriously, cut the pet names. Why do you need to see me..?"

The blonde's face suddenly darkened slightly, her expression serious and almost threatening. "I need you to do something for me, Luhan."

The boy scoffed. "And why would I do anything for you?"

The woman sighed in amusement. "Unfortunately, you don't really have a choice in the matter." Her eyes twinkled deviously as she casually stepped closer. "If you don't do this for me, there's an endless amount of things I could do to you to absolutely destroy your life," she spoke nonchalantly. 

The boy rolled his eyes. "Yeah? Like what? Fill me up with love?" He crossed his arms. "What do you even want me to do anyways?"

The goddess laughed almost sickeningly sweet, taking a graceful seat on his bed. 'Gotta wash those sheets now,' he thought to himself, barely making a face.

"I need you to get Seida away from that man, your math teacher."

Luhan blinked and raised an eyebrow. "Why? Do you want him for yourself? That's gross."

She simply chuckled, flipping her blonde locks over her tanned shoulder. "Something like that. Will you do it for me, Lulu?"

He glared at her. "No. Seida can do whatever she wants with whoever she wants. I'm not going to stop her. She's smart enough to make her own decisions."

Aphrodite laughed loudly, looking at the boy with amusement. "Wow, you sound like a parent! Maybe I should take some tips from you, hm?" she winked and suddenly stood up, her fake smile still spread across her pink lips. "You can't be forgetting what I have over you...."

Luhan's mind raced almost frantically, but he kept his face straight. The last thing he wanted was for the goddess to see him showing any signs of weakness. But what could she possibly do to him?

He suddenly widened his eyes.

"Ah, you've figured it out," she smiled, clapping her hands. "I knew you were an intelligent one. You must take after your mother, in that case," the goddess laughed charmingly. 

"You can't do that to me," Luhan almost whispered, not caring about his appearance to the goddess anymore. "Are you actually that heartless?"

"What are you talking about? I'm the goddess of love, silly boy," she smiled widely at him, stepping closer and running her fingers through his soft hair. "But I always get what I want, Luhan. Seida takes after me in that respect, doesn't she?"

Luhan grit his teeth slightly, jerking away from the goddess. 

"Fine. I'll do it."

"Atta boy." Aphrodite smiled sweetly, blowing a kiss to the boy. "Make me proud~!"

 

 

"Luhan, you passed the school..." 

The light haired boy immediately pushed away the memory, cursing to himself as he pulled into another road to turn around. 

"Sorry about that," he mumbled, driving back towards the building. 

"Are you sure you're alright...?" Seida asked suspiciously, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm fine," he nodded, parking the car in the student lot. "Just tired. I was up late."

She nodded but wasn't sure if she believed him entirely. She got out of the car, slinging her bag over her shoulder and following her brother inside the school.