Four

The Forbidden Child [ Semi-Hiatus ]

"Hey, Seida!" Luhan caught up to his younger sister in the hallway, smirking and slinging an arm around her playfully. "Ready for math?"

She blinked surprised, looking up at him. "Why are you so happy about-" she started to ask, then figured out the answer to her question once she studied him more carefully.

His hair was tousled and his clothes were slightly disheveled. His cheeks were somewhat flushed and his eyes were twinkling with delight. His skin looked as if it were glowing even more than the godly tint it usually had. 

"You just had , didn't you?" Seida asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Damn right I did. And it was a , too. During lunch!"

"Ew," Seida rolled her eyes but barely chuckled. "Where did you go?"

"Girls' locker room. Oh man, those two were naughty little girls. They were pretty good, too, for mortals."

"I can't believe you've already had in school on the first day," Seida looked at her half brother in amusement. "I'm impressed."

"Why, thank you," Luhan did a playful bow, making her laugh softly. The two entered the same classroom they had been in earlier that morning, sitting down in the same seats in order to be next to each other. Although Luhan enjoyed mingling with the girls, he preferred hanging around his sister when he had the chance; he could be a bit overprotective. 

"So where's that Mr Lee freak?" he asked, looking around boredly.

"He is not a freak. And I dunno. Probably doing teacher ." Seida replied, leaning back in her seat. She was looking forward to having the extremely attractive teacher, but math was not her thing. Then again, that meant an excuse for some extra help- privately, of course. 

"Why are you so defensive over him?" Luhan asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"I'm not. You're just being unreasonable," she replied matter-of-factly, rolling her eyes. "Just because you have some mortal competition doesn't mean you have to hate him." 

The boy scoffed. "He is not competition. Have you looked at me? He can't compare with all this," he smirked arrogantly, nodding his head to himself. 

"Then why do you hate him so much, huh?"

"He looks like a ."

"Mmhm." Seida raised an eyebrow, shooting him a skeptical look before her gaze fell on the teacher walking inside the classroom.

____________________________________


Donghae's eyes immediately fell on Seida's, the girl he had just seen in the courtyard. They made eye contact and he smiled at her, nodding his head slightly. She responded with a slight smirk, her brown eyes watching him with interest. 

'So, I have her in one of my classes,' he thought to himself, unable to help but feel a bit pleased. He looked over at the seat next to her and observed her brother with curiosity. He presumed they were not blood related siblings, considering they looked nothing alike. But it was none of his business, so he figured he shouldn't delve into it. 

"Alright class," he cleared his throat, nodding in greeting. His signature, charming smile crossed his lips as he looked at the class. "My name is Mr. Lee and I'll be your Trig and Pre-Calc teacher this year."

He went on to give them the typical first day speech. Attendance, attempting to remember names, class syllabus, handouts- it was all boring, but he had to do it. The girls in the class looked interested the entire time, at least. He was used to that. 

Donghae was aware that he was good looking. He had gotten attention from girls ever since his school days, and he would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy it. However, he tried his best to stay humble and modest. He had his 'player' days during high school and college, and he was past that now. After becoming a teacher, Donghae had earned a sense of responsibility and maturity. When his female students gushed over him and blatantly flirted with him, he simply ignored it and spoke to them as he would speak to any other student. He was never attracted to any of them anyways. Most of them were at least ten years younger than him. 

But he couldn't understand what was so different about the dark clothed, milky skinned brunette in his class. She seemed to always have the slightest smirk on her face, as if she was constantly plotting something devious. Her eyes had a naughty twinkle to them and her head would always be tilted just the slightest bit, almost as if she were judging everything that was going on. 

It was scary yet appealing at the same time. 

Donghae had never cared for the "good" girls. He wasn't exactly into all out rebels either, but Seida didn't seem like that. 

When he was finally done with his announcements and little speeches, he took a seat at his desk and continued to study the girl discreetly. She seemed extremely close with her brother, and he seemed to enjoy her company, too. Donghae noticed that other boys and girls would frequently try to include the two and even flirt with them, but they couldn't look less interested. 

Barely cocking his head in interest, he leaned back in his seat and remained still in thought for a few moments before looking over the papers and mythology books spread across his desk. 

_____________________________________


"Seida, he's literally been watching you this entire time. It's weird." Luhan whispered to his half sister, barely eyeing the teacher at his desk. 

"What are you even talking about? He's reading a book." Seida looked at Luhan amused, but smirked knowingly. She was well aware that Mr. Lee had been watching her, and she wasn't complaining. She needed some time with him privately, but she would have to wait until they actually started learning things. 

"Hey, look at the title," Luhan nudged her, his eyes widening with interest. "'The Gods of Olympus'. So he's into mythology.."

Seida immediately frowned, barely stiffening. If he was into mythology, he could probably suspect something about her easier than other mortals could. 

"Doesn't that seem too convenient?" she mumbled, watching him out of the corner of her eye. "Since when do people on Earth actually read up on Greek mythology in their spare time? No one cares about it anymore. Besides people in Greece, maybe."

"Well that's because they don't know it actually exists," Luhan pointed out, but shrugged. "I don't know. What, do you think he's secretly a god or demigod sent here to the mortal world to spy on us?"

"No," Seida rolled her eyes, nudging her brother. "It's just.. weird."

Luhan smirked. "Hey, maybe he's reading about you. I'm sure there's a chapter in there somewhere called 'The Forbidden Child'. Too bad nobody knows your real name."

"And I'm sure there's a chapter in there called 'The God of the Douchebags' with your picture right underneath," Seida retorted half playfully, crossing her arms underneath the desk.

Luhan rolled his eyes but chuckled slightly, leaning back in his own seat and looking over at the clock impatiently. "Is school over after this?" he asked, shifting restlessly.

"Nope," Seida shook her head, playing with her chocolate brown waves. "Two more classes, buddy."

"Ugh. School ing ," he mumbled, crossing his arms and waiting impatiently for the bell to ring.