One

The Forbidden Child [ Semi-Hiatus ]

The exhausted girl let out a slow groan in frustration as she heard her alarm go off, sitting up in the lavish bed and slamming on the snooze button with her palm. 

 
Her brown eyes glistened in the rays of sunlight peeking in through her windows, looking around her bedroom tiredly. She ran a hand through her long, silky hair, slowly adjusting herself to the early hour before crawling out of bed and making her way to her private bathroom. 
 
Looking into the mirror, she couldn't have been more pleased with herself. She really did have to thank her mother for her perfect features, even if she disliked the woman. 
 
Her eyes, nose, lips, and skin were perfection. Her slender body never gained weight and her long, soft hair was always in place. Boys were chasing after her every single day. Even females were attracted to her beauty. 
 
She splashed some cold water on her face before making her way to her walk in closet, stepping inside and looking at her options. Picking out a simple outfit consisting of a black tank top and shorts, she laid them out along with her undergarments before stripping completely. 
 
"Well, hello, y." 
 
She heard a familiar voice from the doorway and turned around to face the speaker, completely .
 
"Luhan, off. Go get ready for school," she replied, rolling her eyes and turning back around. 
 
The elder smirked and only came closer, picking up the bra from the pile and casually put it around her, hooking it for her in the back. 
 
"Hey now, watch the language, Seida," he teased in his regular slow and teasing tone. "I'm only helping you get ready..." He leaned in and pressed his lips to her neck gently before taking her lacy underwear, kneeling down and helping her step into it before pulling them up her long, smooth legs.
 
"I don't need your help," she mumbled, crossing her arms in defiance. 
 
Luhan simply laughed and stood up again, moving to stand in front of her. "Would you rather help me?" he smirked, enjoying the disgusted look on her face. 
 
"No. Now get out, I don't want to be late on our first day."
 
"Since when do you care so much about school?" Luhan rolled his eyes, leaning against the doorframe. "Especially a mortal one. How great can they be?"
 
"Who told you to come here, anyways?" she retorted, sliding on the pair of shorts. 
 
"Nobody. I wanted to. Besides, I figured you needed someone to watch out for you, considering you're so stupid sometimes."
 
"Oh, shut up. You're not any better than me, especially when it comes to the mortal world." 
 
"That's a good joke," Luhan chuckled amused, sliding his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "I could get anything I want from these humans."
 
"You haven't been to my school yet," she pointed out, walking out of the closet and past her half brother to inspect herself in the mirror. "Teenage mortals are... different."
 
"Oh, please. If you could go to that dump for a few years, I can handle myself perfectly fine."
 
She sighed and picked up her hairbrush from the vanity, running it through her already neat hair while looking at Luhan through the reflection of the mirror. "Just don't embarrass me, okay? Going to that stupid place is embarrassing enough. I bet all the gods on Olympus laugh at me every single day." 
 
He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Yo, bigshot. They don't care that much about you. You aren't headline material."
 
"Whatever. It's still embarrassing."
 
"Well now you've got your big bro here with you, so lighten up."
 
"Oh, joy."
 
"I know you're glad that I'm here. You've been lonely, haven't you?"
 
She rolled her eyes outwardly but barely sighed to herself, knowing he was right. When Luhan had arrived in the middle of her summer vacation, she had secretly been thrilled for the company- even if it was her annoying half brother. She didn't have any mortal friends, and she wanted to keep it that way. They couldn't find out about her, or else Zeus would wipe their memories and possibly even have them exterminated. She didn't want to befriend them anyways. All of them annoyed her.
 
"Are you ready yet? Let's go," he urged impatiently, already forgetting about his previous inquiry. She swore her half brother had what humans called ADD; he was constantly on the move and could barely focus on one topic for more than five minutes. 
 
"Yeah, yeah. Let's get this over with."