Three

The Forbidden Child [ Semi-Hiatus ]

Seida rushed out of her third period class the second the bell rang, relieved that it was finally time for lunch. She normally didn't eat anything or socialize with anybody; she just liked having a break. 

She found Luhan ahead in the hallway, walking with a girl on each side of him and chatting coolly. They were staring at him as if he were the most attractive man on the planet. Sighing, Seida turned down a different hall and made her way to the courtyard. It wasn't like she couldn't make friends, she just didn't want to. Mortals never amused her, unless she was simply watching their "drama" from the sidelines. Their company was always harmful and pointless in the end. 

She entered the courtyard and sat down on the grass against a wall, sighing in content. It was warm and breezy, and the sun wasn't too bright or too hidden. She took out her cell phone reserved for the gods and demigods she knew from Olympus and the Underworld, scrolling down her contacts until she reached the person she was looking for. She barely chuckled at the immature nickname she had entered him as; she had called him that ever since she was a little girl.

To: Ben Ben
Hey big bro. How are you doing? Anything going on back home? 

He replied almost immediately, much to her surprise.

To: Seida
Sup, sis? No not really. Dad's throwing a hissy fit though because some head escaped from the fields of punishment. He's sending us to look for him. How's school going? Luhan's with you, right?

Seida barely laughed. It sounded a lot like their father to get irritated so easily, she even missed it.

The Underworld was split into five parts- Tartarus, the Fields of Punishment, the Asphodel Meadows, and the Elysian Fields.

Tartarus was not under Hades' control. It was ruled by Thanatos, a god even darker than the ruler of the Underworld. Seida had only met him once, and she didn't plan on running into him again. Tartarus was for the most evil of monsters, including the Titans whom Zeus had defeated.

The Fields of Punishment were for the souls who committed crime in both Olympus and the mortal world. Their punishments were chosen based on the severity of their crimes.

The Asphodel Meadows was simply a place for the regular souls. They did not do anything wrong, but they also did not achieve anything great. 

The Elysian Fields held the noble, brave heroes of the world.

To: Ben Ben
Yeah today is the first day. Everything's ok I guess. Luhan's befriending the entire female population.

She decided not to tell Kris about their teacher, Mr. Lee. Kris absolutely hated mortals, although he was half mortal himself. After his mother had given birth to him, she had abandoned him due to her drinking problem. Once Hades had discovered this, he took the child in and raised him on his own. Kris was one of the strongest children of Hades, but not as strong as Luhan- only because Luhan was a full god. But because of his mother, Kris didn't even try to have affairs with the humans on Earth. He hated associating himself with them. 

To: Seida
He should be looking out for you. Come visit soon. As gross as it is, I miss you. :P

Seida smiled slightly, rolling her eyes at her half brother. It was the best sign of affection she would ever get from him, and it still meant a lot. After all, she found it hard to show affection for anyone, too. Children of Hades normally had a snarky, dark side to them; it was hard to draw out any love and passion, especially for another being. 

To: Ben Ben
Will do. I guess I miss you too :P

She leaned back and sighed again, looking up at the sky. She wasn't sure when she would go back to the Underworld and Olympus. It was the last week of August, and she had only gone once that month. She decided she would go the upcoming weekend, once she was done with the first week of school. 

She didn't get along well with her mother. In her opinion, Aphrodite was the of Olympus. She had affairs with almost everyone, and bore children in almost every single one. 

Seida was sometimes ashamed that she had inherited this ual side from her mother, but she decided that if she ever did bear children, it would be to only one man. 

______________________________________


Donghae walked down the empty hallway, straightening his tie with one hand and holding a stack of papers in the other. Students were either at lunch or in class, and this was his only free period. He taught six classes while the other teachers only taught around four at the most, and although it was only the first day, he still had a lot of work to do. 

He was about to turn into the teachers' lounge when he noticed someone was sitting in the courtyard right outside the window of the end of the corridor. He barely squinted and immediately recognized her as the girl in his homeroom. Her name was Seida; he could never forget that. He had never heard a name like it before. 

She was sitting by herself, evidently texting someone on her cell phone. He watched her with an amazed sense of curiosity. There was something about the girl that made him awestruck, and he wasn't sure if he liked it or not. After all, he was a teacher. He couldn't engage in any type of intimate relationship with a student, even if it was as little as close friends. Teachers and students had to maintain a professional relationship, and that was that. 

But why was he so attracted to her? Sure, she was beautiful, he had to admit. But he wasn't one for solely focusing on appearance. Donghae truly admired what was inside rather than outside, and he barely knew this girl. 

Shaking his head, he walked away from the courtyard window and entered the teachers' lounge, making his way to the copier machine in the corner.