Twelve

The Forbidden Child [ Semi-Hiatus ]

Luhan stared out the window in silence, his dark eyes flickering with anger and frustration as he looked at the darkness outside. 

His blank homework lay on his desk; it was a miracle he even took it out of his bag. He had nothing to do at home when Seida was gone, and for once, he was not in the mood for with random mortal girls. 

Standing up, he ran a hand through his hair and looked over at the clock. It was almost midnight and there was no way he was sleeping anytime soon, so he decided he would pay a visit to Olympus. 

Seeing Aphrodite in his classroom had pissed him off almost as much as it did Seida, and he refused to be scared of her anymore. 

Sighing, he shook his hair out of his eyes before making a portal for himself and stepping through it.

________________________________________________


", that was good."

Seida looked up at Kris breathing heavily beside him, a satisfied smirk crossing her now swollen lips. 

"I still can't believe this was your first time..."

"Was I that good?" Kris smirked, looking down at the girl beside him.

She nodded truthfully, sitting up in the bed and exhaling in content. 

He looked up at her, still laying on his back and relaxing his arms behind his head. 

"What's up with you? You've seemed stressed lately."

Seida sighed, running her fingers through her chocolate brown locks.

"It's just Mother. And Luhan's been acting weird lately, too."

Kris barely tilted his head, looking thoughtful for a few moments before sitting up. 

"I heard from Father that Zeus was pissed at Aphrodite for leaving Olympus today. She missed the council." 

"Yeah, because she was busy flirting with my math teacher," Seida accidentally blurt out in annoyance.

Kris arched an eyebrow, his brown eyes flickering over the girl beside him. 

"Why do you care about that?"

"I just want her to stay out of my life," Seida replied; after all, it was the truth. 

"Eh. She'll probably just him and that'll be the end of that," Kris shrugged, sitting up and stretching his arms. "Hey, I'm gonna go train. Wanna come with me? Cerberus will be out. He misses you." 

Seida barely frowned but forced herself to look normal. Kris couldn't know that the thought of her mom having with Mr. Lee infuriated her, and she didn't even know why it did so much.

"I can't," she looked at him apologetically, sliding out of the bed and starting to get dressed. "I have to be back home in time for school tomorrow and besides, Luhan must be waiting for me."

Kris chuckled amused, standing up and getting himself dressed as well.

"Feel free to spend your second visit this month anytime soon. That was fun." 

_________________________________________________


Finding a distraction had not worked too well.

Luhan stared up at the dark, night sky as he lay on his back on the verdant fields of Olympus, his eyes a light brown color. He was feeling much calmer than before, but his mind was still racing with thoughts- particularly concerning the goddess of love. 

He hated all of them. Not only Aphrodite, but her sons and daughters. They were vain, self absorbed, manipulative, and extremely materialistic.

When he and Seida were younger and not very close, he had always been wary of her. He had been revolted that his father had even showed a spark of interest in Aphrodite, and therefore did not want to associate himself with his daughter that came from her. 

Once he had discovered Seida's actual personality when they were a bit older, they had instantly connected. He could not spend much time with her because she was forced to live in the mortal world, but once she had finally moved out from her mortal foster family's home where she was forced to reside in as a child, he could come visit her every once in a while without worrying about any mortals being suspicious. 

Luhan was told to be cautious of Aphrodite and her family ever since he was young, especially by his mother. 

He was finally told the reason why when he was a bit older, which only emphasized his hatred towards the goddess of love. 

 

 

"Luhan, were you off with that girl again?" 

The young, doe-eyed boy looked up at his mother as he approached, his baby face barely wrinkling as he rubbed the back of his pale neck. Nemesis sat upon a large rock overlooking the ocean, her dark robes spread around her and her jet black hair barely blowing back in the light breeze.

"Her name is Amara, Mother. And yes, but I don't understand why you object us spending time together. She isn't my girlfriend or anything..."

"Her mother is Aphrodite. She inherits her powers of charmspeak and love."

"I'm not interested in love."

"And you have no idea how grateful I am for that. Luhan, come sit here."

The young boy climbed up and sat down next to her, his caramel brown eyes squinting slightly in curiosity. 

"I think it's time you know of your curse."

His eyes immediately widened. 

Nemesis did not have many children, and that was because of the curse. Any child that the goddess of fate bore would be born with a specific curse, and young Luhan had learned of this from his two older brothers- his only siblings. 

However, Nemesis would not tell him what his curse was until she believed it was the right time. Clearly, that time was now. 

He nodded his head slowly, gulping slightly and looking up at his mother with wide eyes. 

"Luhan, your curse is the fatal flaw of falling in love."

The young teenager blinked in confusion, his eyes flickering with anxiety. "Falling in love...?"

Nemesis sighed, her dark eyes finally falling onto Luhan's light ones. 

"You can not fall in love, my son. If you were to ever obtain feelings of love for somebody, it would result in death."

 

 

Luhan never saw Amara again after that, and he refused to even look at Seida until a year or two later.

However, as close as he and Seida were, she still did not know about his curse.

Nobody did, besides him, his mother, his father, and Aphrodite. She knew of anything that was related to love; she knew of Luhan's curse the second he was born.

After Luhan found out about his curse, he ended all friendships he had with females. 

It was either or no interaction at all- nothing in between.