Chapter 14

Silver Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris seemed to always have an arrogant, uninterested face, but it took CL only a few hours since first meeting him to realize that it was just his facial expressions that were like that. He pretended to be a cold guy, but in reality he was a clumsy dork. A cute one at that. I stifled a small laugh. She remembered when they all went clubbing a week or two ago, and how Kris had tried to be cool but instead ended up smashing his drink on the floor. Or when he slipped on the dance floor trying to dance stylishly. CL laughed fondly at the memory. His presence felt so familiar to her. The first time they had met in dance class, it’s as if he had been a long lost friend she hadn’t seen in years. Others were intimidated but she couldn’t help but to instantly warm up to him.

I started dancing again, but my limbs were heavy with exhaustion. I stopped the music and sighed. A mountain of assignments had been given to them lately, and everyone’s been too busy for anything other than school. I massaged my sore muscles. Singing, dancing, songwriting, producing, choreographing, makeup and styling, acting, learning languages, manners, tv etiquette and reactions. CL grew dizzy listing it all and thought of Minzy, momentarily worrying for her. As the leader she felt bad that Minzy had to catch up on so much work, so she, along with the unnies, had taken to helping her as much as they could.

Well, if we want to make it into the entertainment business, this is what it is.

Newly determined, I started the music again, and began to dance to some hip hop music. I was so into it that I was startled when a deep voice called out to me.

“CL.”

“Kris”, I jumped in fright. I paused the music and walked towards him.

“You took me by surprise. What are you doing here?”

“To grace you with my glorious presence”, he winked at me. I snorted and rolled my eyes, pushing him away. I another song and turned up the volume.

“Go do something useful Kris. You know, like classwork or something.”

“Too many girls follow me around when I’m visible on campus.” He confessed innocently as he went ahead and sat down, stretching his arms and making himself at home. “Well what can I do? It’s a blessing and a curse being this handsome.” He chuckled as he ran his fingers through his hair. CL sighed and slapped him on the arm.

“Ow! Calm down tiger I was just joking. Actually- no I wasn’t~”, he laughed even harder and tried to run away as I chased him down, my laughs echoing along with the music throughout the room. Kris started dancing to provoke her, and soon CL followed. Before I knew it they were both battling each other in jest. When the song ended they were both panting on the floor, in air as the silence enveloped the room. I grunted.

“You’re distracting me Kris go away.”

He flipped over on his side to look at me. He frowned in concern, which made him look more angrier than usual.

No wonder people are scared of you.

“You work yourself too hard you know that? I think you should take a break.”

I turned to look at his piercing eyes and her heart softened.

But he really is too beautiful

I sighed in defeat and poked him on the chest.

“What do you have in mind?”

He immediately got up and grabbed my hand to pull me up. He gave me a knowing smile before leading me out the practice room and through the hallways. Classrooms and people alike blurred as Chaerin practically jogged to catch up to his pace.

Geez he’s practically a giant

Kris, oblivious to her struggle, turned to face her with a smile on his face.

“Let’s go for ice cream. Mango is your favorite right?”

I skidded to a halt. The strange bizarre feeling came back at the pit of my stomach that I could not comprehend.

“How... did you know that was my favorite?”

His expression tightened. He immediately swiveled forward again and hurried along at a more fast pace, as if avoiding the question. I had to practically run at that point.

“Uhh... lucky guess.”

Before I could ask any more questions, they had arrived. Just as they walked through the door they saw Minzy storming out the building. She was too busy angrily muttering under her breath that she didn’t even notice CL and Kris walking past her.

Kris frowned and pointed at her. “Is she okay?” I shrugged. I had no idea. Ever since that incident last week she’d been acting a little bit strange. She just knew that Minzy was hiding something from all of them.

Kris put a hand on my back. “Let’s go.”

The place was packed with students as they entered the immense Dining Hall. Multiple servers and attendants could be seen walking around while students milled about the buffet lines or sat in the booths or seats scattered amongst the endless place. Soft violin music could be heard as they walked across the center floor, where a massive sparkling chandelier lay suspended at the top, and onto the second floor where the dessert bar was located. Kris walked ahead of me and was the first one to reach the ice cream counter, where a myriad of ice cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter