Chapter 5 - The Big Reveal

Skyhigh.

Weeks passed since that whole incident happened, it's still the 2-2 war between the fantastic four but honestly Eunji was happier that way. She thought about what had happened and realised that In Guk had played her all this while. Getting Isabel into their group, slowly getting to know her and finally the confession. It would have never happened without Eunji's 'help'. 

That bastard. I can't believe I got ing played.

Eunji spat in disgust. She was on her way to meet Yong Jae for a movie and she couldn't help but think about In Guk from time to time, it was only bad memories though.

'Ya Jung Eunji. You just walked past me you er.' Yong Jae said.

Eunji snapped out of yet another one of her 'In Guk' flashbacks. 

'Oh, sorry. I was thinking.' Eunji spoke.

'What the heck did you just call me?' She pretended to be angry.

'Let's just get our movie tickets already'. Yong Jae ruffled her hair then walked towards the ticket counter, Eunji followed behind, smoothing out the bumps in her messed up hair. Yong Jae paid for tickets then the duo made their way up to the theatre. 

'You owe me 7 bucks, pay up or I'll kill you.' Yong Jae playfully threatened.

'Kill me then, if you actually dare to.' Eunji chuckled.

'Ya, you're really annoying you know.' He ruffled her hair again. They headed towards the snack bar and got a large salty popcorn to share. Actually to think about it, Eunji and Yong Jae had a lot in common and most importantly, they had a common enemy. 

Seo In Guk.

They found their seats and made themselves comfortable, meaning sitting in which ever manner that made them feel at home. Yong JAe hogged the popcorn for most of the movie, Eunji slipped her hand into the bucket a few times but each time she had to reach deeper. 

'Ya you monster, I paid for the popcorn too right.' She whispered.

'Yeah I am a monster, so live with it.' He shoved another handful of popcorn into his mouth. Eunji smirked and gave up on the popcorn. 

~*~

'What the heck, what kind of ending was that.' Eunji complained.

'What did you expect, there's gonna be a part 3.' Yong Jae slinged his bag onto his shoulder and left the theatre. Eunji huffed and caught up with him.

They walked out of the theatre and lo and behold, right in front of their faces were the lovebirds. Eunji shivered unconciously, she wanted to avoid them at all costs but here they are, face to face. Isabel approached first, holding her ticket in her hand.

'Oh, what a coincidence! You guys watched a movie?' She asked with that annoyingly 'sweet' voice.

'Yeah, you too?' Yong Jae asked out of nicety. 

'Deh..' Isabel said as she turned back, beckoning In Guk to come over and chat. He strolled over with an annoyingly arrogant face plastered across his face. Eunji shivered again, immediately wanting to leave.

'Uh, I've gotta go. My parents are expecting me back. I'll leave first. Thanks for the movie hyung! I'll text you!' 

In Guk was getting closer.

'Ya, let's go together.' Yong Jae said as he waved goodbye to Isabel. He gave a quick nod to In Guk before chasing after Eunji who was already halfway down the escalator.

In Guk reached Isabel's side and motioned for them to go to their theatre. 

Did she really have to run off so fast?

~*~

*bbyong*

'Hyungg-nim :3'

Eunji unocked her phone and the message popped up.

'Ya, what are you doing now'

'Work. Why?'

'In Guk texted me. He wants an outing. All four of us'

'Can I not go?'

'Can you just go'

'How about no'

'Why?'

'I don't wanna see that face'

'He asked so maybe he's remorseful. Just go'

'Fine. But if it gets stupid i'm gonna leave.'

'Yeah me too.'

 

~*~

Eunji threw on a hoodie and matched it with shorts, she grabbed her phone and wallet before leaving her house. Today was that so called outing, she dreaded it but felt that she had to go. She stuck her earphones into her ears and blasted music while walking to the bus stop. 

*bbyong*

'Hyungg-nim :3'

'Are you on the way?'

'Yeah. You?'

'I'm here already'

'Okay, a few more stops and you'll be able to see this pretty face.'

'HAHA, just come you er.'

' you, I love you too :>'

Eunji locked her phone and looked out of her window. Trees, people,cars, the typical city life, she didn't think it would be this difficult. She reached her stop and walked towards the coffee shop they were meeting at. She pulled off her earphones, winding them around her phone before stuffing it into her bag. She saw Yong Jae in the cafe, seated at one of the tables near the far end. Eunji pushed open the door and walked towards him.

'Hyung~ I totally missed you.' She said jokingly.

'Aww me too.' Yong Jae said mockingly then nudged his head towards the counter.

Eunji turned and there she saw the lovebirds. The sight of them never failed to make her lunch travel back up to . She pulled of her bag and dumped it onto one of the chair next to Yong Jae. 

'I'm going to the washroom. Don't miss me.' Eunji laughed. Yong Jae rolled his eyes and continued looking at his phone.

The lovebirds finished ordering and were walking back to the table. 

 

'Just my luck' Eunji said under her breath.

 

'Oh, you're here?' Isabel said.

Eunji gave a light nod and told her she was going to the washroom. Isabel smiled then walked back to the table, In Guk didn't even look at Eunji once. 

Whatever, bastard.

When she got back she saw Yong Jae still scrolling away at his phone while the lovebirds talked amongst themselves. Eunji sat down to a ice blended drink on the table. 

'I thought you might like this so I ordered it for you.' Isabel said, smiling widely.

'Oh, thanks. I'll drink it well.' Eunji faked a smile back. She took a sip before sitting back into the seat.

'So what's this outing about. Why did you suddenly call for it.' Eunji asked, trying to make some conversation.

The lovebirds looked lovingly at each other.

Yuck.

'We have an annoucement to make and we felt like the two of you should be the first ones to know.' In Guk said.

Eunji and Yong Jae immediately looked at each other, '' they mouthed at the same time. They both knew what was coming, the great magnificient 'we're dating' announcement speech. How they're gonna ask the duo to wish them luck and how they don't want this to affect their friendship. But what the lovebirds didn't know was that this friendship was already ruined the moment that bastard confessed to her. 

'Well whatever, let's get it over and done with right.' Yong Jae said as he slammed his phone down on the coffee table.

Isabel looked shocked at Yong Jae's reaction, suddenly retreating back into her seat.

 

'We are just gonna stay friends, good friends' In Guk said angrily, glaring at Yong Jae for reacting that way. 

 

' WHAT. ' Eunji and Yong Jae shouted.