Chapter 8 - The Revelation

Skyhigh.

Two days have passed since the finals, Eunji was enjoying her freedom from studying, surfing the net and drowning herself with music. Her phone beside her buzzed as a text came into her message box. She hit the lock button on her phone and the screen flashed up, 

'Gukk-ie~ ><'

'Ya, Jung Eunji, wanna go out later? I'm rotting at home already, fresh airrrrrr~'

Eunji chuckled at In Guk's exaggeration and texted back

'Araso, macho boy. Where'd you wanna go.' 

'Anywhere! We'll meet first then decide. Same coffee shop yeah, say in an hour?'

'Call!'

Eunji started getting ready for her impromtu 'date', she didn't dare call it a proper date since they were'nt dating or whatever. Eunji pulled her hair back into a bun and tidied her bangs, she put on the dress she bought a few days ago. Her first dress, #achievementunlocked, matching it with a few accessories and dumping her things into a clutch she threw on her jacket and left the house. She walked down the road to the bus stop and seated herself on one of the seats, keeping a look out for the bus. 

'Oh Eunji sunbae! What a coincidence!' A voice from behind her called out and pierced through the noise of traffic. Eunji turned around and saw her junior from school, JunYoung standing behind her. She gave a slight nod and stood up from her seat, slightly irritated by his surprise greeting since they've never really talked and she was rushing for time.

'Ohh, JunYoung ah. What are you doing here?' 

'I was just on the way home, I didn't expect to see you here! Oh! Noona, you're wearing a dress. Yeppo-yo!' He teased.

'Aniya.. Don't tease me like this. It took a lot of courage to put this thing on okay.'

'It must be a special occassion! Date?'

Eunji didn't reply, she just waved her hands in front of her furiously, trying to get him to stop talking about her dress. 

'Ah Noona! I just remembered! Could I have your textbooks for Senior Year? I'll pay you! I don't wanna get new ones. Heh..'

'Mmm.. Araso. Uhmm, I'll give you my number and we'll meet one day to do the exchange.'

As soon as the two exchanged numbers, Eunji's bus pulled up at the stop.

"I've gotta go Jun Young!, I'll see you later!' She headed towards the doors of the bus.

'Have fun on your date! Keke.' Jun Young gave a sly smile and waved before walking off.

Eunji settled down on one of the empty seats in the bus, tidying her dress for the upteenth time before she plugged in her earphones and drowned herself in music once again. She was at the verge of blissful sleep when she was rudely awakened by her phone notifying her of a text.

'Unknown'

'Noona! Jun Young here! Could we meet this Friday for the books? :) I'll treat you to coffee for the favour!'

'Araso, see you this Friday!' 

Thanks to the text, Eunji didn't miss her stop since it woke her up at such great timing. 

Maybe he isn't all that annoying after all.

She alighted from the bus and made her way to the coffee shop where she saw In Guk standing outside, hands in his pockets and looking down at the floor. Eunji adjusted her bangs before calling out to him.

'Ya who's that action pact over there.' 

In Guk looked up and immediately gave her a suave pose before walking towards her. 

'WAHHHHH, our little princess wore a dress today huhhhh. She's all grown up!' He teased.

'Shut up you bastard. Just because I look like a girl doesn't mean I'll act like one' She threatened jokingly to get him to stop attracting attention.

'Fine, where'd you wanna go?' 

'I don't know. You decide'

In Guk knew he had to take the reigns because Eunji was the type of girl that hated when guys were indecisive and pushed all the decisions to the girls. She was frustrated enough to be in a dress so he didn't want to piss her off any further. 

'Araso, follow me~'

~*~

The duo walked for a bit before they entered some building somewhere in Dongdaemun. They went up a few floors before entering this cafe with really cute interior and atmosphere. Eunji felt so warm and comfy in that cafe, snapping pictures of everything and everyone. She took a few derp photos of her and In Guk after settling into one of the seats near the glass windows. They ordered coffees and few pastries to share, spazzed over the goodness of everything and laughed at each other's clumsiness. It was overall a really nice time spent together. As the two started their small talk Eunji brought up what happened just now.

'Ya, you know I saw Jun Young just now.'

'Jun Young? Who?'

'You bastard, Lee Jun Young, our junior.'

In Guk felt panic rise within his chest. He gulped down his coffee and asked

'Why, what happened? Did he say anything to you?'

'Uhh, no. Why are you so nervous. He was just asking me about the texbooks for senior year, he didnt wanna buy new ones so he asked for the books in exchange for coffee.'

'Ohh i see..' In Guk took another sip of his coffee.

*(Back to when In Guk and Isabel had something going on)

Jun Young and In Guk are talking to each other outside of school. Jun Young looks slightly nervous and In Guk quite confused. The junior slowly but unsurely speaks his mind and confesses that he has a slight liking for Eunji, he asks In Guk if he is able to help him. In Guk politely brushes off his comment and suggests that he should do so himself in order to win Eunji's heart. Isabel approaches from a distance, In Guk quickly takes his leave.

In Guk snaps back to reality and quickly changes the subject, suggesting that they should leave and go somewhere else. Eunji agrees and the two leave the building, walking back to the road where they first came from. In Guk's attention dissipated after what Eunji said, he couldn't focus on anything, only on what she said earlier and his occurance with Jun Young. Did this mean Jun Young is finally making his move on her? Is this competition to him? In Guk knew he had to do something before Jun Young got to Eunji first.

But what?

The two walked silently next to each other then In Guk instinctively grabbed Eunji's hand, clutching it tightly in his hand. He couldn't let it go, he couldn't let her go, not again, and to Jun Young, hell no. Eunji stopped in her tracks, the sudden warmth that she felt in her hand sent shivers through her body. She was too shocked to speak, the thing she wanted had finally happened, it was always a distant dream to her but now it really happened, it's happening right now. Both were too flabbergasted by the stiuation to speak or even move, they just stood there, in the middle of the road, holding hands.