Chapter 12 - Mr Chu~

Skyhigh.

The next few days of their relationship went great, fantastic in fact and before long, the two had already been together for a month with a month-loads worth of videos as well. Eunji was so happy, it was literally the best time of her life and she didn't want to miss any moment of it (not like she could with the videos). In Guk knew he had to plan something elaborate even though Eunji kept insisting that he didn't, one thing he learnt about women : when they say no, it means yes. It was awkward but In Guk was having this weird craze with the girl group Apink, obsessing over their fairy-dol images and purity (which was somewhat a breath of fresh air from Eunji's rough and tough-ness) and spazzing with their new song 'Mr Chu'. Eunji wasn't jealous (surprisingly, maybe because she didn't have to worry about them from stealing him away from her and besides, she knows how it feels, she was also obsessed with AKMU), she took in all his spasm and girl-like squeals. Then she thought of the perfect event for In Guk, it would blow his socks off.

 

Isabel and Eunji started attending dance classes about 2 months back, soon after their finals since Isabel complained about putting on weight during the endless snack sessions during the exam preparations. They met up again today after In Guk had sent Eunji off to her dance studio, Isabel had her dance 'suit' on and was standing outside the entrance. Eunji mocked her for it since Isabel never changed the way she dressed when they had dance class, she always wore the same type of pants (baggy and hip-hoppy) with a random t-shirt. 

'Ya, Isabel!' Eunji shouted from across the street, looking left and right before running towards her. She clutched onto her snapback (more like In Guk's snapback) that almost flew off her head as she ran. Isabel swung her arms open and the two hugged as if they haven't seen each other in years, it was only a week. As soon as they broke away from each other, they turned towards the studio and entered it. 

'Isabel! I need a favour..'

~*~

 

Days went by and many dates too but finally it was the couple's first month-sary. Eunji hated these monthsary, anniversary, 'everything-saries' but she knew that these were important to In Guk and he definitely would be planning something so she couldn't look bad herself when he asked for her gift. She decided that this time it would be her that calls In Guk up first and her who shows the gift first, since it was really crappy and she was afraid that it would be disappointing if he had something extravagant and went first. In Guk was at one of the cafes near his home working on his resume for job applications, he needed some money after all those dates. 

'Eung~Eung <3' In Guk's phone beeped him of a message

'Oppa! Do you wanna meet? I've just finished dance class and I wanna go eat!'

'Araso, I'll meet you at the studio' He texted back, packed his things up (not forgetting the present) and headed over. 

 

~*~

By the time In Guk reached the dance studio its doors were shut and it looked closed, he looked around for his restless girlfriend but she was no where to be found. Just as he wanted to pull out his phone to text Eunji and ask her where she was, the lights in the studio flickered on, lighting up a note pasted on the doors of the studio. 

'Oppa! Come inside! Room 4B'

In Guk looked at the note with suspicion, was it some kind of raid or prank she was doing? He pushed open the doors anyway and went inside, walking through the corridor to reach room 4B. Another note on the door.

'Knock three time before you enter, eyes closed! No peeking!'

In Guk smiled, giving three light knocks on the door and placing one hand over his eyes before using the other to push open the door. He walked into the room slowly with his hand stretched out in front of him. Soon he felt arms around his waist, leading him somewhere, the silence of the room filled his ears but was interuppted by the clacking of someone's shoes. In Guk felt the base of a chair near his feet, naturally turning to sit down, but before he could do so himelf someone pushed him down on the seat. 

'No peeking yet!' 

It was Eunji's voice, clear and crisp against the silence. 

'Araso, open your eyes.'

In Guk lifted his hand from his eyes and there Eunji stood, dressed in a flowery pink dress with white sneakers under a warm faint light in the centre of the room. But her face was covered with something, too dark for In Guk to see in this light. Then music started to play, the tune of 'Mr Chu'. In Guk grinned widely, he knew what Eunji was going to do, dance. 

The music continued on and Eunji started dancing to the choreography of Mr Chu, belting out the moves confidently and remembering all the extra cutesy moves she had to make it special for him. In Guk couldn't take his eyes off Eunji, watching every step she took and every movement she made, happiness filled his heart. In between the song he chanted her name, causing her to lose focus sometimes since it was so embarassing for her to pretend to be one of those fairy-dols when she obviously was not. Nearing the end of the song In Guk got up from his seat and joined Eunji in the dance, he surprisingly knew some of the dance moves and that made Eunji grin like an idiot behind her mask. The song came to an end and Eunji stood in the final position, too embarrassed to move since she knew when she did In Guk would come running to her, laughing. In Guk immediately started to applaud for Eunji and finally realising what was on her face, a cut-out of Son Na Eun's face, his favourite member of the group.

'Ya, Jung Eunji. You're really cute you know that. Thank you' He pulled off the cut out on her face and gave Eunji a tight hug.

'You know how hard it was for me to actually learn that dance, it all cutesy and ..' before she could finish In Guk planted his lips on hers and they kissed for a bit.

Eunji pulled away first, running to one end of the room and grabbing something out of her bag. In Guk followed behind, turning up the lights so they wouldn't be in darkness for the presents. She stood up and handed a box to In Guk

'Happy first monthsary Oppa! You're my Mr Chu~' She said, doing the key point of the dance again and kissed his cheek. 

In Guk couldn't help but burst out into laughter since she was utterly adorable in his eyes. He opened the box and inside was a CD with a polaroid of Eunji's attatched to it. 

'Highly confidential, only for your eyes to see!' was written at the bottom of the polaroid. In Guk felt extremely touched with Eunji's gift, he only now realised how much effort she had put in, learning the dance and preparing all of this for him, he felt so lucky to have her. Then he remembered his gift.

'Eunji-ya! Grab your things, it's time for your gift!' 

~*~

The two left the dance studio after Eunji changed into something more comfortable. In Guk led the way since it was time for his gift, holding hands and being the typical couple. They soon reached a quaint little shop near the end of the road, the sign read 'Cakes', so Eunji assumed that they were going to have some cake to celebrate ( not so extravagant as she thought ). In Guk pushed open the door and went inside first, holding the door for Eunji soon after. The shop was nicely decorated, with rustic and antique objects that made Eunji happy inside since she was a er for these things. A lady appeared from the back and the minute she saw In Guk it was like she knew exactly what she had to do next.

'Please come round back.' She said with a polite and sweet voice.

The two followed the lady back and into a room amongst the many, it was small but cozy, they took the seats behind the table and the lady left the room. 

'Oppa, what's going on?' Eunji asked curiously. 

'You'll see' He grinned.

The lady came back in with a white fondant cake in one hand and a box in the other. She placed the cake in the centre of the table and the box next to it. Eunji knew what they were going to do, the cheesy but must-do as a couple, the cake decorating thingy. She was actually excited for it since she liked hands-on things and she wanted the cake to turn out nice. Before the couple started work, In Guk pulled out a bag within his backpack and plopped it on the table, inside were all sorts of cake decorations and icings for them to use (the ones provided were pretty pathetic). Eunji dumped the things in the bag onto the table and then they agreed to split the cake in half so they would each work on their own section before showing it to each other. Once they started work none of them spoke (only the background music of AKMU's 200% playing), all focused on trying to make this the best cake decoration they would ever do. After about half an hour of work the duo finished and revealed their work to each other, Eunji's side of the cake had a drawing of the two of them on swings  and a little note at the bottom which said 'Eun-Guk's First Monthsary! <3'. In Guk's side of the cake was fairly plain but right in the middle was a small box (stuck to the cake using royal icing) encased with a heart. Eunji knew that there was something in that box and she was itching to open it but she forced herself to refrain from squealing first and taking a few polaroids before asking him. 

'Oppa, what's in the box?'

'Open it and find out~'

Eunji lifted the lid of the box to reveal...

~*~


Hey guys! Just a heads up that I might be ending this story earlier than expected since I have finals coming up and all, sorry for the short story but I hope you've enjoyed it so far! There'll be a few more chapters left before I end it so stay tuned! :> Thanks a bunch! <3