Chapter 9 - Clashes and Cuts

Skyhigh.

Friday came, the day In Guk dreaded soooo much. He'd been counting down every minute, every second and it was unfortunately that day. The funny thing was In Guk never did anything about it, he just sat there counting and lamenting. But what could he actually do? Demand Eunji to not meet Jun Young? Make up some lame excuse to meet her and purposely make her forget about her appoinment with him? Anything In Guk thought to sabotage this 'date' would just make him seem like some jealous idiot in both his and Eunji's eyes. 

On the other side of the world where time was passing at normal pace and life was on-going,

Eunji was in one of her lazy moods, not wanting to go out, just snuggling under the covers, having a nice cup of tea and fangirling for the 10,1000th time over her favourite drama Reply 1997. She reluctantly got out of bed and stated to go through the hoodies in her wardrobe, sliding the hangers across the metal bar support and attempting to pick out the most comfortable one. She glanced through the first few then came to last hoodie which was the one she hadn't seen in forever, literally. It was actually In Guk's, Eunji borrowed it from him early of last year since she was sick and he gave her his hoodie. She thought she had lost it in the laundry or something since it had magically disappeared when he was asking for it. Eunji grabbed the hoodie off the rack, and put it on, pairing it with jeggings she grabbed her phone, wallet, earpiece and books then made her way out of the house. The weather was nice out, not too cold since winter had gratefully left and spring had just arrived, Eunji looked down at the brick road, following the lines they made as she walked ahead. Not long after she had reached the coffee shop where Jun Young had already found a seat inside. He looked up, gave her a big smile and waved, Eunji did the same then pushed the main door open. Jun Young got up from his seat, pulled out the chair opposite him and signalled for Eunji to sit. 

'When would that bastard learn how to do things like that.' She thought to herself as Jun Young demonstrated perfect gentlemanly manners.

'Noona! Would you liek anything to drink? It's on me today remember!' He smiled like a kid in a candy store

'Deh, I'll have an Iced Chai Tea Latte. Gomawo Jun Young-ah.' 

Jun Young immediately got up from his seat and made his way to the counter to order for Eunji. She pulled out the books he wanted from her bag and laid them out on the table in front of her, arranging them accroding to subject. Jun Young came back to the table and gave her a flabbergasted expression as he handed her the drink.

'Noona.. It's not all of this right..' He gave her a shy smile as he looked at the books that pcovered perptually covered the whole table. Eunji nodded sincerely as she took a sip of her latte, smiling at Jun Young's stunned face.

'He's cute this chap, blur and thoughtful. When will I ever find that guy.'

As the two continued their conversation the bell on the door of the shop rang loud and clear causing Jun Young to lose focus and fixate his gaze on the person that walked into the store.

'Oh hyung! What a coincidence!' Jun Young said chirpily to the person behind Eunji. She turned around to only see her one heck of a bestfriend standing right behind her with an unmistakable expression plastered all over that face of his, Eunji knew something was up.

'Oh, what are you doing here?' She hissed, trying to pry the truth out of him. 

'Aniya, I thought of stopping by your place so I came to get some coffee first. I didn't know you'd be out..' In Guk lied right through his teeth. He tried so hard not to be weak and give in to that fierce face Eunji was giving him.

'Hyung! Join us!' Jun Young sincerely asked In Guk. He pulled a chair from the neighbouring seat and took his seat right between the two of them. Eunji ignored that 'wall' in the room an continued talking about the textbooks she had brought, giving her junior some tips on studying as well. In Guk just sat there awkwardly, listening to the two of them talk, laugh and joke, hid heart burned with jealousy. After about 20 minutes Eunji had gone through all the books and their 'date' was kinda over.

'Gomawo Noona! I'll use these books well! I hope some of your ingenuity will be spread to me through these books! Keke' Jun Young joked. Eunji shook her hands in denial and laughed along. 

'I'll make a move first, I've got to meet my girlfriend at the library in about 15 minutes so I have to rush! Thanks again Noona! I really appreciate it!'

girlfriend

Girlfriend

GIRLFRIEND?!

In Guk snapped, all this while he was worrying for nothing because that bastard already has a bloody girlfriend. 

'Are you ing kidding me. I'm such an idiot.' He spat 

Eunji and Jun Young looked at him, confused. In Guk made up some random comment about losing the game he was playing on his phone after getting to the second last level and he had been religiously playing it for days now. Jun Young being the naive kid he was, just accepted his hyung's ridiculous story and took his leave. Eunji on the other hand had her doubts about this bogus story, immediately questioning him after taking her seat again. 

'What's up with you Seo In Guk, why are you so touchy today. Spill.' 

'Nothing.'

'Something is up. Tell me'

'Nope, nothing.'

'Ugh, you piss me off so much sometimes y'know.'

Eunji got up from her seat, grabbed her things and made her way out of the cafe, tugging the hoodie around her neck as the sharp wind lashed across her neck the minute she left. In Guk followed close behind, occassionally calling out to her to make sure she wasn't in her PMS-y mood. 

'Eunji-ya, Jung Eunji! Reply me for god sake!'

...

'It's my fault okay, all my fault.'

...

The duo walked till her front door where she finally turned around and vented out all her anger.

'I'm just trying to care for you, I know you well Seo In Guk and today isn't one of your best days. I only asked cos' I was worried, if something might have happened just now. Then you shun me and shut me out like you always do, so sometimes I wonder why do I even try, why do I still care when it's only me in this friendship that cares. What's the point, you might as well just go back to Isabel cos' it feels like how it was back then again.'

In Guk saw the pain in Eunji's eyes, he knew she was hurting inside, hurting bad.The instinctive thing he would have done was to pull her towards him and given her the best hug he was capable of, but he knew it wasn't the right time to do so, it'll just make her feel worse. Eunji was the kind of girl that bottles everything up inside of her then finally explodes when she knows it's time to, this was one of those times. 

'I think we need to talk this out Eunji.'

'I think so too. But not now, not right now.'

She pushed open her front door and went inside, shutting the door in In Guk's face before letting the waterworks run. In Guk stands outside of her house, lost and hopeless, knowing that without settling this issue, he would never have a chance with Eunji. Not now, not forever.

 

But that's life, sometimes you get a few cuts or clash with others.

It's all part of the process to good friendship and good love.

 


New chapters out every weekend! Hopefully :>

Hope you're enjoying Skyhigh so subscribe, comment and upvote this story! :D

Love, Eunguk 1997 <3