Letters to you

Like A

Nobody’s POV

Taemin started regretting for not trust Sulli. He didn’t want to give up the hope that he could meet her again, but he didn’t know how to contact with her. He knew only Mrs. Choi got her address in US, but there’s no way for her to help him, because I hurt Sulli a lot. And now he must pay for this mistake. He had to suffer alone in the loneliness. His friend – Minho told him that Sulli needed treatment, and time was what she needed. Taemin couldn’t do anything but waiting for her heart completely healed.

Taemin was learning how to deal with the life without her.  And he froze his heart as well. No one could knock his cold heart. Taemin stopped being a playboy, and focused on studying. He thought studying and working would make him exhausted, and forgot the lonely feeling. However, it didn’t mean he totally forgot Sulli.

Every week, Taemin wrote a letter with his sweetest words for his beloved. I came to Sulli’s house frequently at weekend, and gave her mom the letter. And every time Mrs. Choi said “You come again. What a stubborn boy” over again and again. And Taemin gave her a smile and “thank you” word time to time. So, she just accepted his letters, but they never been sent to Sulli. In every special occasion, he came again, and gave letters along with gifts, which was wrapped beautifully.

Day by day, those letters and gifts were filled in a big paper container, which was placed at a concern of Sulli’s room.

It’s been almost 3 years since the day Sulli had gone. By the time, Taemin was a college student. He got into one of the most famous college in Seoul. He became a hot issue over school right after attending the college. The girls would chase after everywhere he’d gone past. He rejected nicely all girls, who confessed to him. All the times, he would say “Sorry. I have a girlfriend” and smiled gently. The girls would go crazy and was determined to find who his girlfriend was. But it couldn’t be found. Taemin still was alone in school, and hanged out with no girls.  

Taemin still came to her house again. He pressed the bell door, and Mrs. Choi knew there could be the only one. She opened the door, and saw Taemin standing while holding a wrapped box. He smiled happily and said “Merry Christmas, Mrs. Choi”

-          I thought you wouldn’t come anymore since last week you didn’t – Mrs. Choi smiled at him

-          I had a bad sick last week, it’s terrible enough to make me stay at home. – Taemin replied

-          You’re sick? How are you doing now? – she said with worried tone

-          It’s better now, but I just cough a little bit. – Taemin finished his words with some small coughs

-          Take a good care of yourself. You look thinner after the sickness. – Mrs. Choi told him

-          Thank you, Mrs. Choi. I have to go now. See you again. Good-bye – Taemin bowed her

-          Good-bye, Taemin – she said

It seemed like Taemin had become her familiar guest. No more she had bad feeling towards him. She knew he was serious with her daughter. She wanted to help him out, but every time she mentioned his name on the phone with Sulli. Her daughter kept avoiding by changing the topic again and again. She knew Sulli still couldn’t open her heart up.

Sulli’s POV

“wow, finally, I back to Korea” I was stretching my arms while yawning. I had got off the long, tired flight. It ached my back for sitting in the same position for so long. I back to Korea for Christmas holiday. It’s been 3 years I hadn’t met my mom. I really missed her, and wanted to give her a surprised. I save money for the trip in my whole summer holiday. I had worked at a fast food restaurant. I took a cab and went home. On the way to home, I kept imagining how happy my mom would be as she saw me.

As I predicted, my mom screamed out and hugged me tightly right after seeing me. I hugged her back and felt my eyes teary. She helped me carry my luggage into my room. My room was still the same as before, nothing changed. Mom still kept all my stuffs. I looked around and noticed a big paper container at the concern of my room. I wondered what were in that.

-          Mom, what is it? – I asked and pointed at that box

-          Ah, your letters and gifts – she said

-          Mine? From whom? – I looked at her with confusing eyes

-          From the one whom you don’t want to meet – Taemin – she said while unpacked my luggage

My heart felt aching as hearing his name. It’s been many years, and I thought I could forget him completely. I thought I could feel nothing about him. But at that time, I felt hurt whenever I recalled our happy moment. I pretended nothing happened when my mom mentioned his name

-          Um – I replied coldly

-          He has come to our house every week in past 3 years, and gives me those stupid stuffs - letters and gifts. But don’t worry darling, he won’t bother you anymore. – mom said while looking at me

-          Um – I replied briefly again

Then I felt hurt as hearing he wouldn’t come again. I should be happy because he stopped bothering me instead of being sad. Finally, he gave up on me.

-          I’ll make something delicious for you. Unpack your luggage yourself – she closed the door and went downstairs

I kept staring at that box. My mind told me open it, yet stopped me doing it. I hesitated in a moment, and decided to open it. I saw a lot of letters and gifts in the box. The letters were arranged by the order of time, and the date was written on them. I picked a letter up and saw its date was a week later after I left for US.

I read first letter “Hi, Sulli. Minho had told me everything, why did you hide it from me all the time? Why did you suffer it alone? And I’m so sorry for not trust you. After you leaving, I realized how stupid I am. I lost you, it’s all my faults. I know I have no rights for asking anything from you. But please, give me another chance. I miss you, Sul. I feel like dying for not seeing you. I am willing to do anything as long as you forgive me”. Finally, he realized how stupid he was. And he started regretting. Didn’t he think it’s too late to start again?

I chose randomly a letter and read “How are you doing, Sul? I’m doing well. You can’t tell what I got today. I got into Seoul college. I am so happy; I had study hard to overcome the test. My eyes got dark circles like a panda for staying up late in many nights. Do you know why I want to enter this college? Because of you. Now you got a high and good education, that’s why I also want to get a good education like you. I want to make a pair with you. I want to make you proud of me. All I’m doing now is just for you” I glanced over the picture that Taemin gave in the letter. He was pouting cutely, and pointed at his panda eyes. I burst out a laugh as seeing his picture, because he’s so cute. I shook my head and tried to stop thinking about him. “No, Sul, you can’t think about him”

I told myself stopped reading his letters, but my eyes still glued on the gift boxes which next to the letters. I chose the biggest one and unwrapped it. That’s a scarf and a glove, only a glove, not a pair of gloves. I wondered if another glove missing. The gloves were supposed to be a pair. And I saw a small note paper in that. It was written “Are you wondering why there’s only a glove? It’s not missing somewhere, but I kept on with me. It’s couple gloves, each one will wear one glove, and their other hands will hold to each other. That’s why I kept one. I want to have a chance to wear it with you. It’s the first Christmas you spent in US, right? Is it as cold as Korea? Wear it if you feel cold. I’m wearing it right now when I write this letter. It’s so warm, really. P/s: I made them myself. Actually, with some helps of my mom. Don’t tell everyone, or else you think I’m gay. Ssshhh :wink” I felt butterfly in  my stomach, I held it and began wearing the scarf and glove. It’s really warm although its design was quite old-fashioned.

I opened another box and saw a small cup-cake which was made by colorful clay. It’s actually a key chain. The note “it’s cute, isn’t it? Happy birthday to you, my only love. I can’t believe how silly I am. I made a birthday-cake for you. I mean a real one. Then, I realize how I can give you. So, I ate it all, and I had a stomach pain. Thank god, you didn’t eat it, or you will get hurt too. And it tasted terrible. That’s why I made this key chain for you. It’s cute, useful, and … safety haha” I looked at the key chain, it’s really a cute cup-cake with heart-shaped on it.

I took a gift box which was wrapped with colorful balloon paper. I burst out a hard laughter immediately, as seeing the picture Taemin was wearing a pink ribbon headband while doing “chu~”. It was placed on that pink ribbon headband in that box. I took a look at that headband. It’s beautiful and totally my style. I found Taemin was so cute with that. I saw Taemin wrote something behind the photo “Hi, Sul. I’m Taemin girl version. Do I look pretty? I found it on the way to campus. You don’t know how much I had to fight with a girl to get this. She and me wanted to buy it, but there’s only one. I had to use my power – my ageyo. And she gave it up because I was too cute. When my mom saw this pic, she kept saying I was pretty and said she started regretting for me not be born as a girl. She wants a cute daughter. But I’m a cute son, right?” I wore the headband and saw it fitting me well.

I thought it would take me many hours to read all his letters. I realized I kept grinning alone while reading them. It’s so sweet. It’s all about sweet things a girl could dream for. A boyfriend cared about his girlfriend, and did silly things but adorable. I found Taemin was the one like that. However, I was still haunted by those terrible memories. I was so afraid if I would get hurt again. What should I do? Taemin, why did you make our memory alive in me? Why did you always make me confused with these feelings?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for my writing mistake. I am too tired for thinking and finding new idea. It took me a lot of time to write this update. So, hope you enjoy it.