CHAPTER 9: THE DAY AFTER FOREVER (FINALE)

APRIL SNOW

 

“To the world you might only a person. But to a person....me to be exact...you are the world. Don’t ask me why I love you, it is a question I can never answer. Even if I know the  answer, I think I’d like to selfishly keep it only for me.  Coz I want to be greedy for once. Coz I want you to be mine and mine alone. Never ask me why I love you. Just let me love you. For as much and as long as I allow to. A day. A week. A month. A year. Forever. And if you let me...I promise to love you until the day after forever”

Jung Yonghwa could still clearly pictured in his mind how perfect Seo Joohyun was when she stood in front of him, delivering her personalized wedding vow. She looked exquisitly beautiful in her sparkling wedding dress, hair down in a perfect natural curly just the way he love it, and the eyes that never stopped looking at him in the most loving way when she uttered word after word in her soft melodious voice, promised him her forever love and loyalty. Jung Yonghwa thought he was already head over heels with her love when he proposed to Seo Joohyun. But that day, on their wedding day, Jung Yonghwa found  himself helplessly falling in love with Seo Joohyun all over again.

She promised to love him until the day after forever......and he promised to love her and walked together with her to the day after forever. And if someone ever made him choose whether to breathe or to love Seo Joohyun, he thought he would use his last breath to tell Seo Joohyun that... he loved her.

***********

“April snow is a sign of hope. A new beginning!”

That was the thing Seo Joohyun said that Yonghwa could never forget. He locked himself for days in his little flat, busy composing songs in hiding his true motive to avoided people and Shinhye who was actively trying for them to reconciliate, telling him that being away from him she realized that she was still very much in love with him. He was not in the mood to socialized with others or dealing with Shinhye so he was just there, stayed inside his little place and shutted his connection with the world by turning off his phone. He only went out his place and dragged himself to the nearby convenient store late at on the 5th day when he found out nothing left on his fridge to eat.  He was on his way home, hands occupied with grocery bags full of his weekly suplays when something caught his attention. Thin little snowflakes flying down one after the other, sparkling between the lamp light. It was one night in April yet he saw the snow falling. Hope. A new beginning.

The next thing he knew Yonghwa was on his apartment unit, his grocery bags completely forgotten, and he was busy scrooling down his phone book to find her number. The number he painstakingly tried not  to call in the passed eleven months. Seo Joohyun’s number.

“Yobuseyo?”

A familiar soft melodious voice heard over the line on the second rings. Her voice. Carresing his ear drums and that second that minute Jung Yonghwa felt that he was reborn.

***********

Seo Joohyun was in her kitchen when something caught her attention. Outside, thin little snowflakes flying down one after the other from the sky, sparkling between the lamp light. It was one night in April and the snow was falling. Bringing a brand new hope and a new beginning. She smiled and when her phone rang she knew by heart it was him who was calling without even needed to see the caller id. Him. Her Jung Yonghwa.

“Yobuseyo?”

Seo Joohyun could see her own reflection in the living room window, smiling brightly and her eyes sparkling with happiness when she finally answered the call and her eardrums caught the familiar deep voice of a man on the line. That second that minute Seo Joohyun felt that she was reborn.

***********

 “Hi!”

The man said casually as he took the empty space beside the beautiful lady as she shyly smiled in responding to his simple greeting. The atmosfere was awkward at first and in ten good minutes both of them were only sat in silence beside each other, but happy nevertheless. The man saw the lady shivered a little as she unconciously hugged herself with her both arms.  brushed her hands together in attempt to keep them warm, so the man scooted closer, took one of her hand, put it inside his pocket to keep it warm, and casually interlanced her other hand with his.

“Your hands cold!”

He commented, fully understood the lady was now blushing hard over his intimate action. But from the way her eyes sparkled, the man knew, she did not mind. Another good silence occured between them, all they did was stealing glances toward each other as smile never leave their goodlooking faces, brightening and warming the snowy April morning.

He found her sat on the wooden bench earlier, looked extraordinary beautiful in her white attires, appeared to be like a snow queen, waited for him surrounded by a white nature. It was a heart-warming and lovely sight for not just his, but to everyone’s eyes. A beautiful lady in white surrounded by a white nature. The sight brought warmth to the beautiful yet cold morning.

They talked for hours the night before only to find out they live in the same apartment building. His studio unit was on the first floor while her two bedrooms unit was on the 4th floor. Only God knew how they never met but it could be understood that he  moved back to that apartment building after settled his divorced and she only moved to that apartment building for less than two weeks before their reunion.  The   snow fell all night long, buried everything under its tick white blanket, including the newly-grown grass, green leaves and flowers.  It was weird and unsual to see snow in April morning like that but its oddly beautiful at the same time. Then the man stood up, pulling the lady to stand up with him.

“Let’s go!”

The man said as he held the lady’s left hand and brought it to his pocket. The snow started to fall again and little thin snowflakes flying down slowly, added a romantic nuance to the already lovely snowy morning.

“Where are we going?”

The man did not answered and was only smiled in responding to the lady’s question. He dragged her off the park where she promised to wait for him earlier and lead her to where his car parked. The beautiful lady stopped walking, looked the man right in the eyes before repeating her question one more time in her soft melodious voice.

“Yo~ng....where are you taking me?”

Jung Yonghwa could not helped but smiling widely hearing Seo Joohyun’s sweet endearment towards him. He loved the way she addressed him with that name. And he loved how she made the simple pet name sounded sweet and intimate. Yonghwa took out her hand that he held out of his pocket and brought it to his lips. He kissed the beautiful hand and loved how the touch of his lips on her skin brought warmth to flow through every veins in his body,  warmed him to the smallest and most hidden corner of his bone.

“I’ll take you to wherever you want to go, Hyu~n!

He gave her hand another soft kiss.

“Anywhere? Like anywhere?”

He smiled and nodded.

“Anywhere. Including future...!”

Yonghwa offered his right arm and say,  

“ Shall we..,?”

Joohyun gladly took his arm and linked it with her own. The two of them walked while chatting about their lives, updating each other of what each other missed about the other. Their feets moved in a perfect sync and together, side by side, they welcomed the unknowing future awaits with the April snow as the witness of the millions unspoken promises they beautiful engraved in the dearest part of their heart.

A brand new hope. And a new beginning. Together. Until the day after forever.

***********

Author Note:

Hi readers. Finally Finale. Thank you so very much for your amazing support on April Snow. Sorry for the long delay in updating I have been so busy in the the passed few weeks. I’m glad that I can finally end this story and as usual your comments have always a great motivation for me to write something about Yongseo.

If you have any idea for me to write something please feel free to share to ideas with me. But I have to warn you that I think I will be just stick to fluffy and you won’t see any rated FF from me. Thanks again for your support. Enjoy this chapter and I’ll see you again in the next yongseo stories.

-Dee

Ps: As always I haven’t properly edit it.