CHAPTER 5: ANOTHER BROKEN HEART AND THE UNKNOWN FUTURE

APRIL SNOW

WARNING: UNEDITED!!!!!

 

He thought it was love that they had. But after what happened and what he had been through, he didn’t quite sure anymore about it. Jung Yonghwa shutted his eyes closed completely from seeing another women even for a mere admiration for their beauty when a woman named Park Shinhye came to his life. He always knew, the way in loving someone is by realizing she might be lost. But this was never the way he thought he would losing Shinhye.  Yonghwa believed he would love Shinhye till the end of them and she would love him just as much. he thought he would only going to lose her when one of them left the other because their time has come.

That was his plant. That was his dream and  the fairy tale he wanted to create with his wife. The fairy tale that somewhere in time he would proudly tell to his grandchildren.

But life never meant to be perfect and fairy tale was never real. Shinhye’s betrayal proved it all and he was left behind with his own pain and sorrow, strunggled to see that tomorrow was still there for him. In his despair, Yonghwa thought of leaving Shinhye right there and then and completely forget about her. But he was not raised to be that kind of man even the said wife of his had totally playing around with his precious heart and made him completely look like a fool. Being a good man and a responsible husband that he was, Yonghwa took care of Shinhye, day by day and realizing later that it was hurting him more.

He thought he was a strong man. He wished he was stronger. So he could simply ignored everything that happened and started a new. It was not as easy as it said to start a new. It was damn hard and it was hurting. So one night he lost control and he cried his heart out. He choose the ignore the world and let the pain out for once.

For a few good minutes he was not aware about his surrounding. He cried and cried pitifully, asked himself again and again what sin he created to deserved that kinda pain. He was feeling so low, too low and he found himself hardly breathing he thought he would die.

Then he looked up and he saw her there. Seo Joohyun. She looked at him with sympathy. Not the fake sympathy of saying “I know how you feel but the truth is I don’t understand how you feel or I don’t actually care how you feel”. He could see that she was sincere. It was all written in her eyes that she was indeed understood his situation simply because she swallowed the same bitter medicine he had been swallowed knowing his wife betrayed him with another man.

Seo Joohyun, that woman told him its okay to cry even for a man like him in her calm and comforting voice. Ever since he knew she was there, reality seemed to look easier to face. He did not know if it was right, but he felt his life turned into spring with her around.  Her presence was like the fresh air to breath, her smile spread warmth just like the morning sun, and later he thought of her as a one new beginning.

Before, everytime he was alone with Shinhye after the accident, he mentally scolding her for messing his life and demanded her to wake up to simply tell him WHY? But not anymore. He understood Shinhye after he knew Seo Joohyun. He was not sure his understanding was enough to forgive Shinhye and the damage she caused to both his life and Joohyuns, but he did not really want to know why she did it to him, not anymore.

“Yonghwa-ssi! have you seen snow in spring?”

That was the one refreshing thing he found in Seo Joohyun. She was always randomly asked things that sounded funny and odd at first, but later when he thought about it he realized everything she asked or said was all made sense.

She told him about seeing snow in spring once when she was little and wanted to experienced it again ever since. But snow in spring was almost impossible. In his 33 years of living, just like her he only exprienced it once maybe on the same exact day she experienced hers. He then asked why? She only smiled in respond before giving him her answer.

“Maybe it was only me, but I see it as a sign of hope!”

“A new beginning!”

Then she left with a smile on her face. They never really talked about it, not even until they both realized they were fallen for each other and somehow stepped into the forbidden line when they both unceremoniously decided that they need to let the affection they had for each other showed and loved.

She asked him what would happen to them one night after the love they made. He remembered  he refused to answer the question and she understood completely. Truthfully, he wanted to say they will be fine but it was not easy since he knew they both in their healing process. He wanted to be sure and he wanted her to be sure before declaring everything open outloud.

And now she was gone without a clear deal of what relationship they had. He only saw her once on her husband funeral and she was vanished in the thin air and left him to somehow experienced another broken heart.

 

***********

The woman sat quitly on her seat, directed her gaze to only one direction. Jung Yonghwa's motel room. She choose that seat because it was secluded so she could freely crying whenever she felt she needed to cry without making any scenes. But later, Seo Joohyun found out her favorite sitting spot on that little cozy caffe she often visited for a little break after taking care of her husband in the hospital gave her a clear direct view to his room. She could see him from there because Jung Yonghwa left the curtain open most of the time. She could see him sitting behind his desk doing something like writting, eating, talking on the phone.....and sometimes she could also see the shirtless Jung Yonghwa from where she sat and that always successfully made her blushed to the max. 

That night she was waiting once more to be able to see him from the little secluded corner of the caffe, waited for a few hours already to see him, Jung Yonghwa, the husband of her supposed to be enemy, and the man she fell in love with, before she left Jeju forever and let destiny decides what she needed to do with her life after Kyuhyun passed away last week. She arrived earlier that day to recollecting her stuff from her motel room and straightly left to the bus station as soon as she was done. She tried to leave and forget everything that happened behind and start over.  But she couldn’t! She could never leave Jeju nor move on without seeing Jung Yonghwa for one last time. So there she was, sitting by the window of the small caffe, smiling in her tears when the man she dearly missed sat alone eating his already late dinner, completely oblivious that someone was there watching him. 

There were moment when Seo Joohyun could not help but sobbing hard, too hard until she could not breath she thought she would die. She wanted to run to him right there and then, to feel his warmth and to feel all secured in his strong arms. She did not know what exactly stopped her from doing so, but after sobbing for sometimes, Seo Joohyun managed to stop crying completely, gathered her things and left the caffe to catched the last bus to Seoul.  

“You will find me when the time is right!”

And she smiled her first genuine smile after awhile and made her way to the unknown future awaits.

 

***********

 

Author Note:

 

Finally I can write something again. I’m sorry for left the story hanging for almost a month and I am not going to make excuses. I was busy at first and meeting with everyone on BMJKT and how everyone supported the boys during the concert blew me away. I tried to write something as soon as I got home from the concert but the feeling did not match with the story. So I stop and enjoying my happiness for a while.

I don’t know if I managed to write a good update but watching the movie again I realized that I forgot some little details that might be useful in making the story more “make sense” later. Please bear with the imperfection and as always your comments will be very much appreciated.

Oh...I wanted to thank the new subcribers and to my new “family” I could only say I’m so happy that I have you in my life,

Enjoy......