CHAPTER 4: AS THE STORY GOES......

APRIL SNOW

 

“You avoided me”!

The man softly accused as soon as the woman settled on the seat in front of him. The woman sighed and looked down to help lap before responding in a low tone.

“I did not avoid anyone!” She gave another deep sigh.

“I was just busy!”

There were only silent between them for a while, before the man gently pushed a small package of roast sweet potatoes to the woman’s direction.

“I went to the market to buy it because I know it’s your favorite!” He explained as he took one sweet potato from the package and peeled it for her.

“Please, eat it well! You are so pale!”

“No matter how busy you were you need to eat well and on time, Hyun-ah!”

He scolded her a bit as he offered the skinless sweet potato to her which she took with a slightly shaky hand. The woman swallowed her lump and fought the tears from falling. His concerned tone somewhat made her feeling....loved and she needed to bit her lips hard to prevent sobs from escaping . She took the peeled sweet potato with a slightly shaking hand and munched it slowly. And another round of painful silence occurred between them. Nobody said anything, both of them busy with their own thoughts.

“Chukaeyo! I heard with a better treatment in Seoul your wife will get better in no time!”

The woman said softly, breaking the silence between them. She was smiling but the man could see clearly that the woman’s smile did not reach  her eyes.

“Don’t worry much about my husband! He won’t to steal your wife away this time! The doctors said, his chance to survive is very very low. Even they did not say it but I know that my husband will not make it!"

She was still smiling, tried to look like nothing happened left him frozen in place with every words she uttered. But without her needed to say outloud he knew and understood her. He understood her feeling and knew that she was extremely scared at that moment. He wanted to show her his sympathy so moved his hand to take hers and hold it but she refused his hand.

“Don’t! Please don’t”!

The man nodded and the woman continue to munched her sweet potato, swallowed it roughly not bothering at all her action dirtied . She did not care and all she could think of was giving her very best to held back the tears that threatened to fall. She did not want to cry. Not now. Not in front of him. But she failed. Miserably. One drop of tear fell down her cheek followed by another drop, and another. While she was still stubbornly gobbled the sweet root she held in her hand.

Then she felt a hand took the sweet potato away from her holds. The man now moved to sit beside her, quietly took the sweet potato away and gently helped her wipe her hand and mouth clean with a napkin before lovingly brought her to his warm embrace to let her cried her heart out in his chest. At the back of her mind the woman knew it was improper, but she was too sad to even thinking about propriety. She was in despair and she was alone. And his warm broad chest was a perfect shelter for to lean on. So she ignores the world and chooses to follow what her heart wants to she snuggled closer and deeper to him. The young woman closed her eyes and let his two strong arms hugged her tiny figure tight.

“Everything will be good, Hyun-ah! Everything will be good. I promise!”

The man whispered again, again on her ears as his lips found their way to her head and planted gentle loving kisses from time to time. Against all odds and proprieties they hugged each other that afternoon. To show each other their concerns. To give some supports and to let each other knows they have each other shoulders to lean on. And to let the other see that they care....

 

************

 

Flashback:

 

The woman sat calmly at the doctor’s office and nodded in understanding as the old doctor shared the “ not too good news” he had been trying to tell her about her husband’s condition. The doctor said, the treatments the hospital gave him did not give any good progress and his vital signs are getting weaker each time. The doctor said he was sorry that Kyuhyun’s chance was really to low to ever get back to normal again.

The woman took a deep breath and sounded clear when she asked the doctor with a small soft voice.

“Will he ever wake up again, doctor?”

The doctor looked at her with symphathy in his eyes and she understood.

“He won’t, will he?”

The doctor clear his throat and say that as human did not have the right to tell if Kyuhyun will ever wakes up again or not, He said, all he could say that the man life signs were weak only miracle would wake him up from his current state. He asked her to never stop praying for her husband. Assured her that God never slept and will always give the best answers for everyone.

The woman only nodded, before carefully asked the doctor the question she was dying to ask since forever.

“And her. How about her?”   

The doctor know the ‘her’ the woman talked about. He took a deep breath before answering the woman’s question, knowing by heart his answer will somehow make her heart broken even more. But the old man decided that nothing’s better that telling the truth even if its hurt and painful. So he told her, that the “her” would be fine. That her chance to survive was much much bigger than her own husband.

“Mrs. Jung will survive!”

“Her family will transfer her to the hospital in Seoul very soon for better a treatment and theraphy!”

The old doctor witnesses how the woman broke down. Tears slowly fell down her cheek and all the doctor could do was uttering a single ‘I’m sorry’ he did not sure she heard as she immediatelly got up and bowed before stormed out his office and found refugee in one of the lady’s toilet and poured her heart out in a hard pitiful cry.

 

************

 

Her:

 

I did not know how to feel. I felt numb and I was at the lowest point where life seemed so wrong and pointless in so many ways. It was too much for me to handle and  I was not sure if I could survive this and move on. It was the worst day of my life. Even worse than the day I found out my husband cheated on me with another woman.

The doctor called me and told me that my husband chance to wake up again was nearly zero. It did not shocked me at all. I guess, in my heart I knew the news would come sooner or later since Kyuhyun oppa, unlike his mistress, did not wake up at all from his comma.  I prepared myself for the worst might happened to him as my husband’s injury was really severe and maybe it was better for him to go.

But I found it unfair when the doctor said that the woman would survived. Park Shinhye, the woman caused every single pain that I needed to endure and the one responsible for the hell I have experieced in the passed two months would live. Unlike my husband, her chance to live was bigger, big enough for her to get back to her normal health state and with the a proper treatments and theraphy, she would be soon hold everything back again in her pretty little fingers. Including Yonghwa.

It was tragic, that as the innocent party and the victim of this painful circumtances and drama, I was the one who’s about to lose everything I had. My husband and a small  hope I had left for another chance to start over and love again.

It made me cry hard how life treated me so unfairly like this. It broke me down even more. But at the back of my mind I knew that I was not supposed to be falling for him and it never been my intention fto fall this easy and this deep to anyone. My initial plan was to make sure that Kyuhyun oppa would wake up so I could asked him to divorce me....and I will live my life alone and heal my broken heart.

But life simply unpredictable. You often surprised how fate directed you the opposite direction and how your heart lead your way to a completely different journey. Fate brought me to meet with Yonghwa. And despite the fact he was the husband of my number one enemy, I found in him a truly caring and loving man I’ve always wanted to spend my whole life with.

She will live and will soon move back to Seoul with Yonghwa. And I would be here, left out, without someone to hold and to care.  It was so unfair but nothing I could do about it. She was his rightful wife after all. So, I avoided him purposely. I had to stop immediatelly before its too late. Before I hang my hope on him higher and fall for him deeper and everything becoming harder and hurtful.

But the man was not easy to avaided. He found me again, dragged me from my motel room all the way to this small caffe and after a few good moments of silence, and a few lines we uttered, I ended up crying in his embrace. He lend his broad chest for me to poured my heart out and communicating my pain and desperation through sobs and drops of tears, while his hand gave soothing rubs on my back.

“Everything will be good, Hyun-ah! Everything will be good. I promise!”

I wanted to be true and I wanted to believe him. That everything would be good and he will be the one make everything back on track for me and my life. In my despair, I could not registered much about propriety of snuggling close and deep in other woman’s husband hold and created a scene in public. But I was too sad to care. I did not even thinking or asking about his plan to bring his wife back to Seoul for a proper treatments. All I wanted was with him. And to feel loved by him for as long as I could.

 

************

 

Him:

 

“You avoided me!”

I could not help but accused her when she calmly settled herself on the seat in front of me. I had to forcely dragged her off her motel room for she was not willing to let me in her room to talked to her. I have not much choices as I missed her bad. Being around Shyinhye and took care of her for the passed week made me realized more that what I had with Joohyun was more than just  an attemp to revenge on our respective spouse’s betrayal. And it was not lust as well. I was truly madly in love with her. Seo Joohyun, the wife of the supposed to be my number one enemy Cho Kyuhyun. She was beautiful. Her smile and the sparkle in her eyes were things attracted me the most about her but her loving caring heart was the reason why I fall for her. Even when she look so pale with her eyes puffy, those did not reduced her beauty in my eyes. Her beauty still took the breath away and if we were not in such public place, I did not think I could hold back the urge to hug her and smoldered her sweet plum lips like tomorrow the world would end.

“I did not avoid anyone! I was just busy!”

I know she was busy. I know how she was always busy taking care of that bastard Kyuhyun and forgot to handle her own health properly. I watched her quietly from a far. I saw her sat beside him often like she was waiting for him to wake up. I saw her reading a book for him like he was concious and listening to her. I saw her fixing the bastard’s blanket and sometimes fixed his hair too....and many other things that made me feel like a jealous teenager.

“Chukaeyo! I heard with a better treatment in Seoul your wife will get better in no time!”

She was smiling but the smile never reached her eyes. She told me not to worry about her husband as the man would never steal my wife away from me ever again as the doctor’s team concluded that Cho Kyuhyun’s chance to survive was very very low, nearly zero. And that the guy would never make it.

I did not know if its proper, but I secretly happy with the news. Not because the man stole my wife away but because Cho Kyuhyun did not deserve a decent caring and loving woman as Seo Joohyun. She deserves someone better who will love her and cherish her with all his heart.

But to see her cry so pitifully like that broke my heart. Was she cried for that bastard? For him to have just a very little hope to live? Did she wanted him to wake up so they can be together again and start over? And again, I could feel a jealous monster builded inside me.

I wanted to tell her, to Seo Joohyun that no need to cry for Cho Kyuhyun as that bastard did not deserve her tears. I wanted to tell Seo Joohyun that the man deserves her tears would never make her cry like Kyuhyun did. I wanted to tell Seo Joohyun that I love her and even that I was physically with Shinhye, my thought were full of her. Her. Seo.Joo.Hyun, from the second I woke up in the morning until I closed my eyes again at night.

But for whatever reason she cried that day, I would lend her my chest for her to pour her heart out. To hold her tight and to comfort her to let her know that she was not alone.

“Everything will be good, Hyun-ah! Everything will be good. I promise!”

I did not say that to make her stop crying but it was the promise I made to help her bring her life back on track. I made up my mind. I cared no more about all proprieties and choose to follow what my heart wants. To be with her and give her the best I could give for as long as she allowing me to.

 

***********

 

“Yong!”

“Ummm!”

“What will happen to us?”

He did not answer her question, just pulled her body closer to him and silently enjoy being so close to her. They did it again...one time, twice,thrice, and another few times until it was completely dark outside.

He took her out off the caffe earlier to avoided making a public scene as she kept on crying and crying no matter how hard he tried to calm her down. She was too broken and he did not have the heart to leave her like that. So he brought her to his motel room and let her cry some more until she was satisfied. He was kneeled down on the floor in front of her, waited patienly until she stopped sobbing completely with his hands held hers tight. He did not plan to make love with her like that but when their eyes met and he helped her wipe her tears away, the time frozen and the wind stopped blowing. The next thing they know, he was kissing her hard and she hugged his neck tight demanded for more closeness.

He let her sleep peacefully after their first time, admired her beauty when she was deep in her slumber and gladly reached back to her when she opened her eyes again and smile sweetly to him. The kind of smile he loved and could only provided by her. They decided to spent the night in his bed. Kissing and loving for as much as they wanted until the time was up and they needed to get back to their duty in taking care of their respective spouse.

“Yong!”

“Ummm!”

“You did not answer my question!”

“Because I did not want to answer your question, baby!”

“Waeyo?”

“I don’t know. Don’t ask me that again and let me love you for as long as we can, ahrasseo?”

She ran her finger on his face before gave him a small nod. She knew, that her question was simple yet it was not easy to answer. Not yet. Not now. And she understood him well. She snuggled closer and close her eyes listening to his heart beat against her ear, loving the fact that she was there in his arms.

They slept in each other arms, peacefully. Until later that night when he heard her phone rang and felt the bed moving and he saw her jump off the bed. Picked her clothes in panic from the floor and wear them hurriedly.

“Hyun...!”

He jumped off the bed too and followed her around, tried to get an explanation but she did not responding to him and running to wear her shoes. So he bloecked the door to avoid her stormed off his room.

“Hyun! Don’t even think to go without telling me what’s going on!”

She stood frozen in place and one drop of tear escaped her eyes.

“My husband.....they told me he died!”

 

***********

 

Author Note:

Hello dear readers and subcribers!! I really sorry for not updating for so long. The APEC SUMMIT in Bali got me really busy. Anyway, here’s the new update. Hopefully its satisfying enough for all of you. Thanks a lot for the new subscribers and those who managed give a little time to leave me the comments.

If you have idea you think I need to add on this fic please let me know. Thanks again and for you who will watch BM-JKT I will see you all 12 days from now.