CHAPTER 1 : TWO BROKEN HEARTS

APRIL SNOW

 

Him:

Her hand was trembling when she queitly picking up the items belonged to her husband from the green basket the police given to us and put them all to the a small plastic bag. I tried not to look up and see her face and quickly did the same to items belonged to my wife.

We were in police station. Two strangers who meant to meet in a wrong, pathetic, and totally unideal situation. We took our turn to checked on the expensive sport car belonged to her husband and found my wife’s heel somewhere in the front seat.

It did not need a genius to tell the affair my wife and her husband were having.  Not after we saw a set of lacy lingerie on the items basket before. Not after we found  a pack of  in the same green basket the lingerie laid before I picked it up.

I did not see a single tear fell through her cheek. She looked calm and compose. Unbelievably strong for a slender petite woman like her. But I saw the wound in her eyes. I could feel how the whole situation pained her to the smallest part of her bones. I understood that she was experiencing the scariest nightmare everyone needed to face. A broken heart.

I wanted to tell her that it’s okay to cry. Yet, I just walking slowly a few meters away behind her when we both make our way back to the hospital to take care our inconcious spouses.

“Yonghwa-ah,”!

“I can totally understand if you want to leave after what Shinhye did to you,”!

I looked up to see my father’s in-law face while my mother in law just quietly bended her face low on his left side. Tears never stop falling on her face while she struggled to swallow the food she chewed for the last ten minutes.

“Just please......,”!

“Please do it after she awake,”!

“I beg you,”!

The mother no longer could controlled her emotion and cried hard. Her body shaked while whispering to me,

“Yonghwa-ah...mianhe....mianhe...,”!

I gripped the choptick I held stronger until it hurt my hand. I bitted my lips hard and waited awhile to make sure I got my emotion in checked before opening my mouth to talk to the two persons I considered as my own parents.

“Eomeonim...Abeonim..., let’s not talk about it now,”!

“Thank you for understanding my feeling but I will stay with her,”!

I swallowed my lump before continue to talk.

“I will stay with Shinhye until she awakes, I promise,”!

The old couple bowed low to me...so low  and it hurt me more than finding out Shinhye’s betrayal. It made me angry to Shinhye more, for her to make her parents degraded themselves to me like that on her behalf. I could not stand that, so I just stood, abandon my food and leave the restaurant back to the Intersive Care Unit and mentally scolded the woman lying motionless the hospital bed.

 

“What you did was more that bad, Shinhye,”!

“Maybe I never good enough for you that was why you looked for someone who's better than me,”!

“You could tell me about it, you know,”!

“And I could change for you,”!

“Because I love you,”!

“You should have known that I will do anything for you, to make our marriage worked,”!

“Do you know how many people hurting because of you and your selfishness?"

"You’re not just hurting me this way, Shinhye,”!

“You caused pain to other woman and took her pride by having an affair with her husband,”!

“You might hurt their children too,”!

“And you’re hummilating you parents,”!

“ You made them all cried and sad,”!

“I think when the time comes I’ll be able to forgive you for everything you did to me,”!

“But I don’t think I’ll be able to forgive you for making all these innocent people hurt,”!

“I don’t think I’ll be able to forgive you for making your parents bowed low to me on your behalf,”!

 

I sighed as Shinhye, my wife still laid motionless in place, relied on completely to the live supporting machines attcahed on her.

 

“Make sure you’ll wake up, Shinhye,”!

“Not to ask for mine but to ask for your parent’s forgiveness,”!

“And his family forgiveness too,”!

Little that I know, someone overheard me when I talked to Shinhye’s before I drifted off to sleep beside my wife’s bed.

I did not know she cried her first tears after the shocking news she got for Jeju’s police that her husband involved in the car accident and found him unconcious with another man’s wife on a Valentine’s day, on the same night she planned her surprised event for him, she painstakingly prepared to celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary and to somehow saving what was left on their marriage.

 

Her:

 

I did not now if it’s proper but I could not help myself from cursing for the woman laid in the farthermost bed of the ICU. One bed away from where my commatose husband was laid. I cursed for her not because she was having an affair with my husband but because she was very stupid for not realizing how lucky a woman she really was for having such a loving and caring husband, and how the man willing to give everything he got just to make her happy. 

He did not care about his own broken heart. His own pain I saw in his eyes when we were collecting our spouses stuffs from the same basket in the police station. When he was calmly picked up his wife’s things one by one and putted them all in a small plastic bag. I saw him took a deep breath before he picked up a lacy y lingerie we both unspokenly believed belong to his wife and shot me a sympathetic glance when I my trembling hand picked up a box of believed to own by my husband.

He patiently waited for his turn to checked on my husband sport car where we found his wife's left foot heel under the front seat.

He looked completely calm and composed. But I knew and I could feel it that he was broken inside and pained in every small part of his bones. I saw the wound in his eyes and how he experiencing the scariest nightmare normal people would experience. A broken heart.

He walked quietly behind me when we were back to the hospital and taking care of our respective spouse. I wanted to look back and ask him is it okay to cry for once for the world to understand the feeling of the people like us. Betrayed by the people we loved and cared the most.

Yet, I was just kept on making my move forward with him followed a few meters behind.

It might be wrong and improper to make this kind of wishes. But I wanted to be in that woman shoes for once.  To be loved by a sincere kind-hearted man who saw only me and me alone. Even after a terrible mistake he still that kind and took care of her well, how good he would treat that woman if she never made that stupid mistake?

Then I saw my own husband. Laid motionless in bed with all life supporting machines cables attached on him. He did not looked like the same confident man I used to know. He looked weak and helpless. The man I fallen in love with long time a go.

“Oppa, don’t you know how bad your irresponsible action impacted other people’s life,”?

“You’re hurting many people for the sake of your own selfishness and pleasure,”!

“You took that man’s wife and left him with his own broken heart and misery,”!

“You took away her parents pride and begged for the son in-law to stay on their daughter'sbehalf,”!

“You don’t need to count me as one of the people hurting by your action, Kyuhyun oppa,”!

“Because one day, I’m sure I’ll be able to heal and forgiving you for everything you did to me,”!

“I’m not gonna leave you....not now oppa,”!

“Not until you ask for those innocent people to forgive you for the damages you’re causing to their lives,”!

 

I sighed and closed my eyes before continue talking to the still unmoving body in front of me.

 

“Wake up soon, Kyuhyun oppa,”!

“And be a good man when you still can,”!

 

Little that I know the woman’s husband heard me saying those words to my husband and let his first tears falling since the first he received a call from Jeju Police that his wife involved in accident and found inconcious in a heavily-damaged car with another woman’s husband on Valentine’s day, on the same night he planned a surprise event for her to do  the best he could to make her stay and to somehow saving what was left on their marriage.

 

*************

Author Note: 

I never watch korean movie other than the horrors but I found this one accidentally when I search for something to watch. I like the movie and the plot even until now I don't know the name of the main casts of the movie. I decided to make my own yongseo version and hopefully you can enjoy it and will kind enough to leave some comments to let me know if I can make it a much better story for you to read.

Thanks a lot for the comments you given to me so far and thanks a lot for the subcribers.

Before I forgot, some people asking me my twitter well I have twitter but I don't really on twitter much lately since I'm busy with work and only on twitter once in awhile but here's my twitter for those who ask. ysjs_jkt. Mention me so I can following you back.

Thanks