CHAPTER 2 : AGAINST ALL ODDS

APRIL SNOW

Her :

 

It was odd, how I ended up friends with him, Jung Yonghwa,  the husband of the supposed to be my enemy, Park Shinhye, the woman who stole my husband away from me.

It was awkward at first to see the man around so often because everytime I saw him I saw his wife. It was not his fault and it was not like he wanted to be in this hospital so much too. It just hard to see him thats all. Everytime I saw him the scene played back in my head again and again. The scene I saw recorded on my husband’s little camcoder I found earlier between his belonging in the police station. It was a disgusting scene to see. And it succeesfully made me puke for days. On that video clip, my husband and his wife, acted like two stars on their own rated movie production. Where they were happily  and shamelessly laughing while intimately kissing, biting, ....and other things they supposed to do behind close door with their rightful spouses.

I was then handed him the camcoder for him to see the clip as he had the right to know how deep his wife and my husband involved in their little game. And I guess it shocked him too because he looked unwell for days after he returned the camcoder back to me on the next day. 

In a way, we were so much a like, Yonghwa-ssi and I. How we both loved our spouses so very much and how we were willing to give our all for them. We were cruely betrayed and left behind with our own sorrows to faced all the hummiliation and pain our respective partner caused us.

But it seemed he was much luckier than I was. His in-laws treated him better....much much better than mine treated me. My in-laws believed that I was the one to blame for everything happened to their beloved youngest brother. They said, my husband was a good man and he would never looked for another woman if I only I could give him the children he always wanted to have. My husband’s brothers and sister said, their brother Kyuhyun, kept on telling them again and again how he waited for me to finally tell him that I was pregnant with his baby for the passed five years, but all he got was dissapointments as he married an unhealthy infertile woman like me.

It was painful. And insulting a lot. I could not stand it. It was all lies. It was him who told me that he was not yet ready for kids. That I was the one who begged and begged for him for us to at least have one child so I won’t be lonely at home and have someone to care about when he was not around.  I was about to open my mouth and defending myself and show to these cruel men and woman what kind of man their little brother really was, when I heard someone speaking from my behind.

“You should not insulting nor blaming other people for your brother’s own crime!”

I looked back and I saw him. That woman’s husband stood behind me with both hands hidden on his jean’s pockets. He looked in a total calm manner but he looked serious when he continued with everything he wanted to say.

“A good man who wanted a child so much will stay at home to make love more and more and more with his rightful wife until they are succesful in creating a baby he wanted, instead of having a secret weekend get away and fun with other man’s wife a long with a box full of condoms in his pocket!”

That caused him to get the seemed like a very painful slap from my sister in-law, Hyorin and a hard punch on the stomach from one of Kyuhyun oppa’s older brothers, Kangin.

“Mianhamnida!”

“Jeongmal....mianhamnida!”

I didn’t know why he said that but it felt like someone defending me and stood by me and I really thankful for that. But I was sorry for him to get such a treatment from my in-laws. So I bowed low to showed him how sorry I was. He stopped me from bowing. He smiled assuringly and softly tells me that he was fine.

“They can hit me!” He told me. 

“But the truth will remain true, that their brother is a total !”

It was weird how we both laughed on that kind of situation especially the ‘total ’ we were talking about was my rightful husband. But I could totally understand why he called him that way. The so called ‘’ stole his wife away from him. So yes, Kyuhyun oppa was a complete and he deserved all bad names people given to him.

“I’m Yonghwa!”

“Jung Yonghwa!”

It was when our closeness began. Its all weird and odd.....considering how we both met. But we carried the same burden and we felt the same pain and experienced the same broken hearted situation. We had to deal with the same hummiliation and same lowest point. That was how we could understand fully to each other heart. How we broken and how we slowly healed.

And against all odds, as time slowly gone by....... I knew.....we knew that we were fallen.

 

***********

 

Him :

 

It was funny how I ended up friends with her. Though I never had a problem with her but the fact that she was Seo Joohyun, the wife of the supposed to be my enemy, Cho Kyuhyun, the man who stole my wife Shinhye a way from me, still amazed me sometimes.

She did not speak much and looked away if our eyes incidentally met. And especially for the first few days I thought she was gonna throwing up everytime she saw me. I thought she was pregnant or she hated me for the fact that I was the husband of the woman stole her husband a way. But I was wrong. She looked sick everytime she saw me for a very good and reasonable cause.

It was all because the short video recorded on the small camcoder owned by her husband. Actually I saw that little black thing on the police station when we were call to picked up our respective spouse’s belongings. But I didn’t know and I could not believe that my wife,  Shinhye would involved in a disgusting thing like that. She and her lover, Seo Joohyun’s husband, happilly laughing as they recorded their intimate moment together, like baby, busily kissing, and biting each other shamelessly like a stars.  I could totally understand Seo Joohyun’s feeling as I was too felt sick for days after I saw the clip.  

In a way, she and I  were so much a like. We both loved our spouses and fully devoted to our marriage. But that the same time, we were given the same nightmares as we cruely betrayed and left behind with our sorrows to faced all hummiliation and pain our respective partner caused us.

I was luckier compared to that poor woman. Much luckier than her since my in-laws always treated  me  well. Even understand if I wanted to leave Shinhye, after knowing her betrayal.

But Seo Joohyun-ssi, her husband’s family treated her bad. They insulted her and putted all the blame on her for the husband’s terrible accident. The brothers and sister’s in law brought up the topic of her being unhealthy and infertile for the husband to acted all unfaithful and ended up involved in an affair with my wife because the poor wife could not give him the children he always wanted.

I wanted to laugh when the in-laws tell her that their jerky little brother kept on telling them that he was waiting and waiting for years for the wife to finally get pregnant with his baby. How he would managed to get his wife pregnant if all he did was having a secret get away and fun with some other man’s wife a long with a box full of condoms in his pocket? Weren’t he supposed to be at home with his rightful wife to make love more and more and more...until they’re  successful and she finally pregnant with his baby.

Yet, they blamed her for the baseless accusation. Even if she’s unhealthy and infertile it didn’t give him a right to abandon her and played around with other women. He cheated on her because he was a total .

So I spoke my mind and they hit me for rubbing the fact on their faces that their beloved little brother was nothing more than just a hormonal lunatic. And for that, I was rewarded with a truly painful slap on my cheek and a really hard punch on my stomach by that jerky bother and sister.

“Mianhamnida!”

“Jeongmal....mianhamnida!”

She bowed really low to show me how sorry she was for the bad treatment I received from her in-laws. But I guess, maybe she acted differently after that. She told me later....much later that day she was feeling that someone defending her and stood by her side. That she was not alone.

“They can hit me as much as they want!”

I told her after I managed to stope her for bowing low to me and smiled to assure her that I was fine.

“But the truth will remain true, that their brother is a total !”

It was weird how we both laughed on that kind of situation especially the ‘total ’ we were talking about was her  rightful husband.

“I’m Yonghwa!”

“Jung Yonghwa!”

I told her my name and offered my hand for her to shake. She took it and softly tells me her name. Seo.Joo.Hyun.

And that was when our closeness began. It was weird and odd considering how we crossed fate and meet each other. It was a tragic experience for both of us of course as we were betrayed by the people we loved and cared the most, but it was also magic how we both realised that our broken hearts slowly healing by talking our hearts out to each other....by believing there were reasons behind all the unfortunate events happened to us.

And against all odds, as time gone by....I knew.....we knew that we both fallen.

 

***********

 

Author note:

 

Hello everyone. It’s good to be back with an update. I was on business trip last week and I missed SNSD concert last Saturday as my flight touched down in Jakarta 9.15 pm. My hubby asked how I ended up arrived home 2,5 – 3 hours late, I was just smiled and told him that something or someone really pretty caught my eyes in the airport. It was just amazing how a simple ID card could create wonder.

Anyway, this is the best I could do for an update. I don’t know if its satisfying enough for you or not but I wrote all this base on the feeling I got when I saw the movie.

I was so surprised that so many people read April Snow and I was delighted to know that many of the reader subscribing the story and even kindly left me some comments too. I would like to thank all of them and sorry that I haven’t had the chance to reply all the comments one by one but I will try to show you my gratitude towards you here on the author note.

@meganrh_ys: I don’t like an extreme angst myself but if its necessary why not? Thank you for reading and for your kind comment. I hope you like the update.

@grosvenor: Thank you for liking my story and for the nice comment. I hope you like the update. Thank you.

@baby_blue8: lets say I want to try something different. But I guess it won’t be as sad as you thought it would. You’ll see. I hope you like the update, Thank you,

@aipone: enjoy the new update. Thanks,

@Princess4339: you think its interesting? Thank you. Her: SeoJoohyun. Him: Jung Yonghwa. Her Husband: Cho Kyuhyun. His wife: Park Shinhye. Enjoy the update. Thank you. LOL. Don’t wish for them to die. Please. LOL. Its only a story.

@enqyu1204: well base on my personal experience marriage is very interesting. So many ups and downs and it gives us a lot to learn. Anyway, enjoy the update and thank you for commenting. The movie title is April Snow you can easily find it in youtube. Thank you.

@RizqyNL: The title is April Snow. Thank you.

@ilove_goguma: eyyy...its only a story don’t wish for them to die. LOL. Anyway thanks a lot for reading and commenting. The movie title is April Snow. It would easily find at youtube.

@luxubu: thanks a lot for telling me the name of the actor and actress. I don’t know much about korean mobie starts so excuse me for not knowing their name earlier. Thanks for reading this story and thanks a lot commenting.

@sawa93821: Thank you very much for reading and liking the story. I will try to do my best to keep the story on track. Thank you and I hope you like the update.

@smtiseo: yes the movie ending was really unclear but its still very nice to watch, don’t you think? Anyway I hope you like the update and thank you.

@meluvyuya: of course they will know each other. They are our yongseo. They fated one to each other. Thanks for reading and commenting and i really hope you like the update.

@kimmm314: the movie title is April Snow. Thanks for reading and commenting. I hope you can enjoy reading the update too.

@gogumavillage: I could not think anyone else when I start writing this story. I hope you like the update. Thank you.

@Dragonbutterfly: So true. Thanks for commenting and I hope you like the update.

@MayAndJune: wow such a long comment. But thank you so very much for taking the effort to leave me this wonderful comment. Umm...where to start. The movie title is April Snow you can easily find it on youtube. Post your story it will be very intersting as I like all the story you created.

I wrote the story based on the feeling I got when I watched the movie. I am a wife myself and eventhough I haven’t experience those kinda thing (hopefully never) I could feel how hard it was to know that the person you cared the most betrayed you. Thanks for liking it. I really happy you can enjoy the first chapter. 

Thank you for all the critisicm and the correction you given to me. I use one of your suggestions but eventhough its uneccesary to write a single sentence in paragraph I personally like it the way I wrote it. Because I’m old and its easier for me to read it that way. I’m not offended at all. I am thankful you given me so many comments at once. That showed me that you really read and I hope you can enjoy the new update. Thank you.

@IheartYongSeo: Thank you very much for reading, for subscribing and also your kind comment. I hope you like the new update. Thanks again.