CHAPTER 6: REALITY BITES

APRIL SNOW

 

The woman bit her lips hard in preventing any sobs escaping her lips when the urge to cry hit her. It did not need a lot of time for her to understand the whole situation. She knew she could never blame anyone but damn....broken heart was so painful. She laid herself back on the bed and sought refugee under her blanket. She covered tightly with her both hands to stop any sounds to be heard when she cried her heart out when reality bites.

A series of faint sounds of whisper and soft moans knocked her eardrums and awakened her from her slumber that night. For a few second she was just listening to the sounds trying to registered what’s going on. It did not took her a long time to realized that the sounds she heard was actually endearment whispers and satisfied moans people usually made when they were making an intimately love.

She turned the bed side lamp on and she could she see that he was the one who made the noises she heard. From the way he looked, it seemed that he was having a great session of love in his dream. The sight made her smile, thinking it was her he made love with. It was passed midnight and nobody else in the room beside the two of them.

They never really talked about it but the woman sure that the man somehow still very much in love with her. Despite everything that happened, he took care of her well and always there for her. She was lucky to have the privillege to call Yonghwa hers legally as the man was the good example of an ideal husband a woman wished to have. She came to an understanding that she was a fool if she let a man like Yonghwa slipped away her life forever.

“He missed me!”

She thought in glee and she listened to him enjoying himself with the pleasure she thought she was giving him. Shinhye tried to hold the urged to jump off bed right there and then so she could jump him to give him and herself the of their lives. She cursed the IV that basically ‘tied’ her in bed and the best thing she could do was dreaming what she would do with him after discharged from hospital when she caught a name escaped his mouth between the endearing whispers and moans.

“Joohyun-ah...! Baby...ahh...ahhh!”

The name sounded familiar but it was not her name. It took her a few second to registered everything and Park Shinhye figured the whole situation in an instant, that her husband Yonghwa was making an intimate love with Kyuhyun’s wife in his dream. Shinhye felt an unbelievably painful wave hit her right in the heart, teared the beautiful hope of a new start with him she builded just now and devastated her to the lowest point she felt like banging her head down hard to the floor.

She wanted to immediatelly jump off bed and asked him why. It was hurt to see your husband calling other woman’s name oh so dearly like that in his most honest state.

“Joohyun-ah...ahh...babe...”!

The whispers of endearments and satisfied moans continue for sometimes she thought her heart would explode with jealousy and anger. Park Shinhye could not stop her tears from falling no more when she heard Yonghwa whispered the magic words she wished she never heard.

“Joohyun-ah,,,,,saranghae!”

Park Shinhye could not help but crying pitifully under her blanket, wetted her pillow with drop of tears wishing the those tears will help her ease the pain she felt a little. Yes, it was painful, too painful even for sinner like her, to know and see that your husband making love with another woman and telling her that he loved her in his dream. She builded a hope that she was survived the accident because heaven had given her a chance to fix the damages she created and for a second chance to start over with her husband.

Seeing Yonghwa took care of her day and night tiredlessly in hospital, put aside everything he needed to do back in Seoul to make sure she was well taken care of somewhat made her think the man still love her despite everything she done. So, Shinhye made mental promises to be a good and loyal wife to Yonghwa to somehow keep him with her for good.

But she was completely wrong. Heaven did not make her survived for another chance with Yonghwa and start a new with him. She had given another chance to live to actually tasted a doze of her own medicine and to experienced that karma exist and indeed hurtful.

*************

The morning came uninvited as always and Yonghwa was trying to help Shinhye ate her breakfast when she asked him about Joohyun and how long they have been together the first chance she got that morning. He put the bowl aside and looked her in the eyes before he opened his mouth revealing everything.

He told her truthfully about him and how he felt about Joohyun. How they have met and how they fell for each other to the point that he could not imagine his life without her anymore. Yonghwa did not asked her how Shinhye found out about him and Joohyun but he was sorry he was not the husband she always wanted  and he was sorry she has been through a lot of things to find a man that fitted her criteria of a perfect husband.

Shinhye wanted to scream ad stopped him from talking when Yonghwa told her he won’t hold her and she can freely go to persue her happiness and that he wished her the best in the future. He told her her would pursue his happiness too and to found someone would accept him for what he was.

Shinhye started to cry and told him how can she be happy without him as Yonghwa told her earlier that Kyuhyun was dead. Shinhye knew she was selfish but just by imagining living her life alone was already terrifying she felt she needed to try to keep Yonghwa to stay. She would do anything. She would beg and promised she would be a better wife from now on and would never see anyone but him ever again.

When Yonghwa gathered her and brought her to his embrace Shinhye thought she was successful in making him stay. But again, she was wrong. Yonghwa held her tight for a while and kiss the side of her head before he retreated back.

“I’m sorry I can’t stay, Shinhye! Not in the way you want me to!”

She watched him left between her tears. That second that minute Park Shinhye knew that she lost her husband for good.

*************

Author’s note:

Hello all. As you see I got new FanArt for this story. Yay. Thanks a lot for @kumako_3388 for created the FanArt for me.

I’m so happy I can use the little time I had to write a short update and hope I can write more in the upcoming week. Many comments came requesting for me to punished Shinhye and why did I made Joohyun lost her husband and and Yonghwa at the same time? You can only find the answer when you continously reading until end. But I can promise you all one thing. Joohyun’s smile at the end of the story.

So thanks a lot for the comments and subcribing this story. It always make me wanted to write more and more.

Happy reading all, and so sorry for updating without doing a proper editing.  Bye bye.