CHAPTER 7: I MISS YOU

APRIL SNOW

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LtnRRxpUxc

 

Days and weeks gone by. Months passed and seasons changed. Another winter ends replaced by a beautiful and colorful spring. Another morning broken and the sun shined spread its warmth voluntarily and took away the cold. The world spoke its own language as the morning rhyme began to heard, blend in harmony with her heart beats and the breath she took. It was indeed a peaceful and a beautiful morning at the beginning of April, with the intoxicating fragrant of flowers and the fresh smell of newly-grown leaves and grass filled the air when the wind blows. A day that seemed to be perfect for a new beginning but for Seo Joohyun a morning like that would resulted only to one thing. Her missing him more than she already did.

She missed Yonghwa and she missed him bad she hardly breath she thought she would die whenever her mind back to the memories they painted together in Jeju. The man had a power to bring the smile to her cry and at the same time brought tears to unknowingly falling when she was smiling. Jung Yonghwa made her life upside down and even that it hurts, still, Seo Joohyun choose to hold those memories closer to her heart instead of pushing them away to start a new.

Seo Joohyun knew that it was her own choice to leave. To leave Jeju, Yonghwa, and the memory they shared behind, moved back to Seoul, hoping time would help erasing her bitter and unpleasant past with Kyuhyun and heal her heart to eventually start over and move on with her life. She knew, her choice to leave was for the best. Not just for her but for Yonghwa too.

Seo Joohyun knew she could use Yonghwa’s company to heal herself and understanding how they’ve met, she knew him would agree to her request immediatelly. But she was never that kind of woman. She could never acted selfish towards the man she loved. Betrayed and broken down by the one she thought she loved before, made her realized she needed to give Yonghwa the time and space for his own, as she believed like her, he was too, broken and completely devastated.

It was hurt and painful to separate with the one you love and it made you cry just to imagine spending days without seeing him and completely clueless when will you hear his voice again. It was almost stop her for doing the right thing and grabbed the chance to be with him right there and them. Yet, Seo Joohyun knew she was never a selfish kind, not to the man she loved. Her parents brought her up to believe that everything has its own proper time to happen and that if something meant to be happen it will happen somehow. So she left Jeju, and Yonghwa, and the memories they shared to give the both of them the time that they need. The time to heal and see if the feeling still same and mutual when right time comes.

But doing the right thing was never easy. Its still hurt even when your heart understood that the tears you shed today is only a small price you invested for your forever love. Months passed and seasons changed in a blink of eyes, and Seo Joohyun still found herself sobbing hard everytime the urge to meet with Yonghwa and hear his voice again was difficult to controled. She lost count of how many times she found her fingers scrolled through her phone book to find his number, so close… to press the number and give the man she dearly missed one call and tell him that how much she missed him.

From where she stood in the balcony of her new apartment, Seo Joohyun could see an old couple sat on the bench, the lady’s head on her man’s shoulder. A beautiful sight on a beautiful spring morning but for Seo Joohyun, it brought her mind back to certain someone she badly missed and brought one drop of tears to fall, followed by another, and another until she completely cry. As the wind gently blew, Seo Joohyun closed her eyes as produced a small whisper for the wind to send to him.

“Yong~!

“I miss you!”

*************

He knew that it was for the best that she left. He understood completely that time and space was all she ever needed to heal and recover over the bitter past she experienced earlier with her husband’s betrayal and death. And Jung Yonghwa too, realized, that he was somewhat needed his own time and space to heal his broken heart and think through everything and assure himself that he was ready to move on.

Yes, I missed his Joohyun so much, too much it brought him breathless often he thought he would die. But Jung Yonghwa knew, he met with Seo Joohyun in a rather improper time as they were devastatingly broken with the fact they both betrayed by their respective partner. Their anger, and sadness, and loneliness brought them closer to eventually fallen and to wish for each other’s help in starting a new. He had told her that he loved her. And by the gentle touch her lips made on his, he knew that Seo Joohyun more or less feeling the same towards him  even the words “I love you too” never escaped her lips, to confirmed the love she carried for him.

It was months since the last he saw her on her husband funeral and Jung Yonghwa never see Seo Joohyun again ever since. Days and weeks gone by, months passed, and season changed. Another winter ends replace by another beautiful and colorful spring. He woke up early to find that the sun brightly shining, spread its warmth to the whole world, including his heart. He could smelled the nature from where he sat. The smell of spring with the intoxicating fragrant of flowers and the fresh smell of newly-grown leaves and grass filled the air when the wind blows. It was a new day in the beginning of April and it seemed to promise for a new beginning to his devastated heart.

Yonghwa stood and dragged his step to widely open the balcony’s door of his studio-sized apartment for a better view of the beautiful spring morning. It was indeed a beautiful day and seemed to be a perfect day for a new beginning. But Yonghwa, a day like it would only bring his mind flew back to a certain someone his heart dearly missed and the memory they shared together in Jeju. His Seo Joohyun. Since the day she left, not a day and hour he spent without having her in his mind. She was always with him with every step and breath he took, occupaying his mind 24/7 he thought he’ll go crazy with all the love and feelings he carried for her.

He declared his separation with Shinhye and had moved back to his old small place before he married with her a few years back, once his divorce settled. Shinhye tried to stopped him from leaving her and did the best she could and begged him to stay. She cried and prantically promised that she would stayed true to him this time and woud never look for another man ever again. She said she was wrong and stupid by playing around with Kyuhyun and realized just now that he, Jung Yonghwa was the best a woman can have her life partner. She begged and begged for him to give her a second chance. It hurts him a bit to see Shinhye to beg and lowered herself like that. It was so different with the ever confidence Park Shinhye who gave him a cold treatment when he dropped her to work the morning before the accident occured, which caused her lover Kyuhyun, Joohyun’s husband passed away. Yonghwa knew that Shinhye too broken in many ways. She lost her lover and afraid to live her life alone. And the woman was important to him once, so he silently reached for her and give the woman one last hug before he broke away to leave and never looked back again.

And there he was in the same old place and point he was before Shinhye, totally crazy with his love to Seo Joohyun. Eleven months without her felt like hell, yet he was not sure if the time comes for him to make his move on her. He lost count of how many times he found his fingers scrolled through his phone book to find her number, so close… to press the number and give the woman he dearly missed one call and tell her that how much he missed her.

From where he stood in the balcony of his apartment, Jung Yonghwa saw  could see an old couple sat on the bench, the lady’s head on her man’s shoulder. A heart warming sight on a beautiful spring morning but for him, the sight was so hurtful as it brought his mind back to certain someone he badly missed and without knowing Yonghwa screamed out loud.....communicating his longing to the woman he loved.

“JOOHYUN-AH....SARANGHANDA!”

He kept on sreaming, louder and louder....ignoring the whole world until he was tired and his voice hoarse. One drop of tears to fall, followed by another, and another until he completely cry while kneeling on the balcony’s floor as his screams turned into whispers,

“Joohyun-ah,....I miss you!”

*************

The wind  still gently blew and Seo Joohyun still stood in the same spot as she was earlier. She still closed her eyes as her mind filled with him. The wind brought faint screaming voices. It called her name. She opened her eyes in shock, thought everything only happened in her mind.   Seo Joohyun frozen in place. She thought her ears deceived her that she heard him.....It was Yonghwa's voice that she heard called out he name  and tell her....that he love her.....

*************

 

Author note:

 

Whew....I finally managed to finished this. First of all I would like to send my symphaty to all typhoon victims in the Philippines. I hope all of you will be strong. I will send my prayer from her and wish you all the best.

This story will be end soon and I would like to thank everyone for the wonderful comment and suggestion since the first time I posted this story. As usual I’m sorry for updating wihout a proper editing and I hope you will enjoy this chapter.