CHAPTER 8: HAPPY ENDING WAS NOT THE REAL ENDING

APRIL SNOW

A beautiful April morning. Very very cold as the snow fell all night, buried everything underneat its big tick white blanket, including the newly-grown grass, green leaves and flowers. But the morning was beautiful nevertheless. A beautiful lady sat on the wooden bench in the neighborhood park, looking exactly like a snow queen in her white attires. Her fured white hoody had long slipped off her head and her black silky tresses fell beautifully on her shoulder. The lady was seriously reading a book how to be a good mother, completely oblivious with the cold surrounding around her and sat on the bench for quite awhile, flipping page after page of the book she read until a deep voice of a man broke the silence and peaceful athmosphere, scolded her while draping a tick keroro blanket on her shoulder.

“I told you not to go out the house in such cold weather like this! You’ll catch cold!”

The beautiful lady was only smiled in responding to the man’s grumbles as he took the empty space beside her and reached out his hands to bundled the lady thighter into the blanket and put the hoody back to cover her head. The lady’s husband turned into vigiliant lunatic since the day she told him she was pregnant with their baby. Whenever he’s around, he forced her to always lay down in bed, ate more meats, more eggs, more fruits, made sure that she was warm all the time and no more alcohol beverages kept in their house anymore as he’s afraid she might craving for alcohol and drink it when he was not around and get herself drunk, for she was craving for hamburger once, the food she believed as one of the silent killer in the world. The lady found her husband’s unwarranted concerns silly and sometimes annoying. But she understood he did that because he loved her and he was excited in waiting their first child to be born healthily.

“Its not cold at all. You should’ve stop worried over petty little things, my dear husband! The air is clean and refreshing and the nature smells really good too!”

She reasoned while the husband rolled his eyes listening to her speech as he pulled the lady’s closer and hugged her in an attemp to keep her warm. He brought one of his hand to rubbed on the lady’s huge baby bump lovingly.

“But it’s really cold. I don’t want you and our baby to catch cold, dear wife! Your nose is completely red now. You should’ve stop being stubborn and start listen to your husband!”

The lady laid her head on the husband’s shoulder, closed her eyes and enjoyed being held close in his arms. Not a single word uttered but the lady knew her husband fully understood that she was grateful for him and for everything he did to make sure she was happy, secured and felt loved. She reached out and touched the wedding ring on his finger, felt completely happy to know it was her name engraved beautifully on it.

“I love you!” The husband smiled over her random confession and the man held the lady tighter, kissed the side of her head before saying....

“Na do! Manhi Saranghae Anae-yah....!”

The couple stayed in the park sitting on the wooden beach enjoying the nature and their togetherness for a little bit longer. Bodies glued together, warmed and secured in each other arms, until the baby in the lady’s womb decided to break the peaceful moment and started to seek for attentions from her parents by producing small kicks to her mother’s tummy.

“Aigoo...it seems that uri baby girl is seeking for appa’s attention! She doesn’t want eomma to monopolize appa’s love!”

The lady took her husband hand and put it on her tummy to feel the baby’s kicks. She smiled to see how her husband face brighten and how his smile getting wider as his signatured bursting cheek appeared while he was talking sweetly to baby in her womb. As the snow started to fall again and little thin snowflakes flying down slowly, the lady’s husband brought his wife and their unborn child back to the comfort and warmth of their apartment. He did not aware of two pairs of eyes watching from a far as he carefully support his wife back while entering their apartment building.

“Let it go! Let him go!”

One of the persons talked to other one who was sobbing pitifully hard in the back seat of the car parked accrossed the white apartment building where the earlier couple lived. The person on the back seat did not replied, her sobs sounded harder and harder each passing time.

“Shinhye-ah, let him go! Yonghwa is happy with his new life. And if you love him you should be able to let him go and move on!”

Shihye’s father reached a hand to carressed his daughter’s head. He knew what’s his daughter had missed by playing around with Yonghwa’s heart before. The old man knew that his ex son-in law what the best husband any woman could get. It was his daughter’s  own fault that a good man like him slipped away from her life and lost her chance to be happy.

“Let’s go, Shinhye-ah! Let’s wish him the best, that way you’ll be able to live your life happily!”

The old man smiled as he saw his daughter nodded in her cry, started the engine and drove off. Shinhye’s dad forced himself not to uttered any words as he saw that his daughter kept on looking back to the white apartment building where Jung Yonghwa lived happily with his new wife, Seo Joohyun, the woman he met in Jeju while waiting for Shinhye’s to wake up after involved in accident with her lover, Kyuhyun, Seo Joohyun’s husband.

The old man loved his daughter with all his heart and it hurts him to see his only daughter in pain. He would give his world and his life for Shinhye to be happy.  But he knew the mistake his daughter made and how bad the damages she created to not only Yonghwa’s life but a;lso to Seo Joohyun’s as the woman had to lost her husband Kyuhyun for good because for Shinhye stupid act. The old man hoped if get through all the painful karma would make Shinhye a better person than she was before, he would try to survived and to strongly supported her in starting her new life episode.

Meanwhile, Park Shinhye looked back for countless time already and saw the white tall apartment building where Yonghwa and Joohyun lived was left behind. She was still sobbing but not as hard as before.The woman knew, her chance to be with Yonghwa again was completely closed. The man she betrayed before was now living happily with new wife and they were waiting for their first baby to arrive. Shinhye knew she was now living in her karma. Watching her ex husband lived happily with her lover’s ex wife was truly painful. And the most painful was the fact that she could not blame anyone or anything. She was the sinner and she was the one who lost. As she looked back again for the last time, Park Shinhye knew by heart her total defeat.

*************

* Na do! Manhi Saranghae Anae-yah.... = Me too! I love you so much, wife...

Authors Note:

Hello, I am back again with an update. I have to warn you in front that I haven’t edit the story at all. Why? Because everytime I tried to edit I ended up decide to change the story. That was why it took me a while to update this story. I promise to edit later and sorry if later you find the chapter a bit different that the first you read it. Kekekeke.

As you all know I made Yongseo together in a happy marriage after experiencing stormy days before. This is not the end of the story yet as I will also gonna write a little bit about how they reunited and decided to be together eventually. So bear with me for one more chapter to complete the story in chapter 9. 9 and 4 are special numbers for us goguma right? LOL.

I was having a good chat with my fellow “old goguma” Raine a.k.a Jossa. When I write this chapter the things she told me kept on repeating in my head. She reminded me that Yongseo are real people and that that we used their names in our stories.

Oh, yeah before I forgot, I’d like to take this opportunity to promote the project I and a few goguma friend initiated to help children in Indonesia. You can check our website www.gogumarepublic.com to know the detail about the project. Who knows you can help us in improving the welfare of the unfortunate children. 

Thank you. Happy reading and as usual your comment will be very much apprecite it.