415

EXO

Tao lotj : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x284oxd_141017-exo-%ED%83%80%EC%98%A4_shortfilms

Happy camp preview (part 2) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el-CfzbJtB8

Mc Baekhyun and suho : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7r5X-l1fjA

Chanyeol celebrity magazine interview :

Were you interested in DJ-ing before? How do you feel trying to learn DJ-ing in actuality today?

There is an obvious difference in terms of attraction as compared to composed songs. In parties, it looked cool when the DJ mixes the music and creates a hyped atmosphere. Since before, I have a shown interest in DJ-ing, so I got a simple DJ-ing machine and attempted doing this and that, but since I don’t have a teacher, I couldn’t grasp anything. I’ve wanted to learn from Jaewon hyung since last time so today was extremely fun.

Normally, you’re very tight on time but how do you learn composing and writing music?

For me, more than learning, I let go of myself through music. There’s always a guitar beside my bed, a piano beside my computer and I always listen to music of a variety of different genres. There are times when I simply appreciate the music too but while listening to songs, I’ll think ‘How would it be like if I rearranged (the song)?’ I rearrange the songs that I think about and want to sing, and even record them. I have about 200 audio memos of me personally playing the guitar while singing in my phone. When I do remember, I am the kind to perform with either the piano or guitar and record it.

There’s a saying that if you want to write lyrics well, you need to have a myriad of experiences. What are the contents in the written lyrics of Chanyeol who is 23 years old now?

The lyrics I compose comes more from an abundance of imagination rather than having a lot of experiences. My imagination is abundant beyond anything. (laughs) Everyday before I sleep, I will have all kinds of thoughts and when I fall asleep, I lose them but during that time, I imagine my very own movie story. I think I write my lyrics according to the emotions in my imagination every time that movie makes its appearance.

How was it learning DJ-ing from Shim Jaewon whom you always meet?

I was actually a troublemaker in my trainee days so I got scolded by Jaewon hyung a lot too. As a trainee, you need to look out for the time and be earnest but for me, my style was being carefree and enjoying everything while doing things. (laughs) So Jaewon hyung has ever before made a snark remark, “You’re not going to make it because you’re like this.” We became closer through exchanging each other’s favourite songs and, I started while watching his diligence in performing instruments. Truthfully I want to receive the recognition and look good for Jaewon hyung so I even practice dancing extremely hard. Please tell me you have become someone who watches me one of these days. (laughs)

Though you’re in charge of rapping in EXO, you look like you enjoy music that are either rock or acoustic sound.

When I was younger, I played the drums and was involved in a band so I only did and listened to rock, in high school it expanded to hip hop, during my time as a trainee I listened to a lot of jazz hip hop. Normally, dubstep while learning dances, I listen to electronic music sometimes too. Every morning when I wake up, my feelings would be ‘Ah, it’s this song’ and pick to listen but my playlists are on shuffle so I always end up listening to a variety of music.

What song did you listen to this morning?

Ah, come to think of it, I didn’t even listen to one song today. (laughs) Yesterday, I listened to Chris Brown’s ‘Loyal’ and ‘New Flame’.

While DJ-ing, you to need to know the flow of the party well and the have to listen to what people want, so do you go to clubs a lot?

I was curious what kind of place a club is like so I went only once with my friends when I was 20 years old. It’s the first time I’m saying this but, that club was around Hongdae where my friends and I were busking at the playground in front of often. With the money we received from the spectators, we even bought ddeokbokki (ricecakes). Amongst the friends who I busked with, I told the one who really likes to go to clubs that I wanted to try going to a club once so that’s all the experience I have of going to a club. Anyway, while learning DJ-ing today and trying it out for real, I have the sense of when the is and when something is quickly coming after in electronic music. It’s thanks to listening to it a lot. (laughs)

Should we anticipate you DJ-ing in an EXO concert next time?

I can’t do it in a concert (laughs) Next time while making an appearance in Jaewon hyung’s festival, shall I try following him at the side? Otherwise, since I often meet up with Beatburger rapper MQ hyung too, I think it would be very interesting if we incorporate DJ-ing and rap too.

im im sorry for not updating daily, I'm hardly even updated on kpop anymore since I have finally found a job and I have to study while working, it's pretty hard.