407

EXO

Lay and Chen beck in Korea from Bangkok.

Tao Is one of the 8 kpop artist you should be following on instagram :

Others on the list are CL, GD, HyunA, Kyungri (9 Muses), Taeyeon, Kahi, and Jia (Miss A)

Lay support message for "the voice of china" contestant Zhang bi Chen : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5H1ssHnAB8

Exo-k at hallyu dream festival : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w0k-zlFex0

A fan account at hallyu dream festival :

So I just got back to my sister's apartment after the concert, and I don't know if this is cool or not but I thought I'd throw it out there while it's still fresh.

So where we (myself and my sister) were standing was smack dab in the middle of the main stage, in the special standing area, second away from the barricade. It was pretty sweet, though now our feets want to kill us. The whole show was really great (the four main vocalists singing an orchestral version of Mirotic was definitely a high point, make sure to anticipate it), and then it rolled around for EXO as the last performance.

I shall set the stage. The stage was, in fact, quite low, which was awesome for me but less awesome for people taking videos/pictures farther back in the standing crowd. There had been several sets of both pyro and fireworks throughout the concert, so by the time EXO came on the floor was covered in leftover firework fluff (which was also in my hair).

Which meant that poor Baekhyun slipped for about half a second before he recovered, RIGHT on his first advance in Overdose. That was the first part that was bad. You will also note, at a later date, that EXO will probably be the only one overdubbed in the broadcast? That's because someone ed up their backing track. I could see the look of confusion on Baekhyun and Suho's faces when they started singing live and then realized the backing track was wrong.

My sister's best idea for what was wrong was that someone sped up the BPM accidentally? Leaving EXO with a backing track that was both slightly too fast and also waaaaay higher than their actual voices. So after not that long it was clear that they just sort of went " it, we're going to lipsynch and dance our asses off!"

And then, you know, Kai's mic pack straight up fell off and they had to dance around where it was on the ground. In between Overdose and Growl Kai just straight took off all of his wiring except for his head mic and just went crazy. It was amazing.

So to wrap up the performance part of the review, even though a bunch of went wrong, they were still extremely fancy across the board (though I admit to have spent a lot of time watching Chanyeol, because biases are biases). Baekhyun especially was just giving it all he had.

And now, the thoughts on the members:

1. The state of shoes. Wow. Man. So the three tall ones were were more or less normal dress shoes which always come with a bit of a heel, Baekhyun had in like, one standard heel lift, D.O. had like two, and then Suho was straight up wearing three inch heels masquerading as... boot... things...

2. The state of attractiveness. For anyone who's ever wondered, EXO-K looks roughly IDENTICAL to what they look like on screen, except for potentially more attractive (looking at you, Chanyeol). They all looked really good. A+ makeup, all that jazz.

3. Maknae is TALL. Our best bet is that Sehun is probably about at 186cm/6'1". I was not prepared. Like, it's obvious that he's gotten taller, but I didn't realize it was that much taller.

4. Kai and Baekhyun are the best at the "Are you sure this is still appropriate for minors?" performative skill. Such sass, much y. (Just prepare yourselves for the end of Growl and what Baekhyun does.)

5. Seeing the pelvis isolations from Overdose that up close and personal, well. It was inspiring.

6. I don't know if any of you are Topp Dogg fans, but they also performed at the concert, and Xero and Kai are almost the exact same person. Almost the exact same age, identical build, same height, similar face, impressive dancing skills, only occasional user of their vocal chords. It's just that their dance background is completely different. It was astonishing.

That's most of the standout in particulars I can think of. It was fancy.

BUT, I have another thing to add and that is addressing fansite photographers. They are horrible. The special standing area? Packed full of antisocial young women with stools (one actually had a three foot tall folding metal stepladder) and giant paparazzi cameras who would literally sit down and IGNORE the rest of the groups until their group came on, and then they would turn into tyrants.

This was for all of the popular boy groups, though EXO was the worst. I had one girl aggressively push into my space before the show even started, to the point that I almost fell over, because she wanted to sit on her stool. Multiple times when I was, you know, watching a music show and getting excited, had my arm pushed down when I would reach up to wave at someone (multiple times this happened). The girl behind me during EXO, standing on her stool, was constantly hitting me on the head with her giant camera.

And they didn't make a single sound. You always think going to see EXO live, that you'll go deaf because of all of the ecstatic twelve year old girls? Nope. None of the fansite photographers ever made a sound. They didn't interact with the groups at all, they didn't even really watch them, they just sat there looming until they could do their best to completely destroy anyone actually trying to participate in the show's chance at a really good time.

So, yeah. That part was not fun at all.


Fun Aside: When we went to go see the first Super Show 6 performance... there were some surprise visitors. We were in the standing area right in the corner of the main and stages, and one of our fellow foreigners pointed out this suspicious looking line of dudes in baggy clothes, facemasks and hats, chillin' in a line in the middle of the bleachers. The most amazing part was when Tao was really enthusiastically waving his light stick during Zhou Mi's solo performance.

It's not even 72 yet but Baekhyun's MV remake reached more that 315k views \o/
and as promised MNET released BTS making the video ^^~ : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMWZY7fg-gA