Trapped

My 'Deer' Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoora shift nervously in her seat. Even without looking, she knows the boy is in the middle of one-sided staring contest with her. She swears she could feel like a hole will appear on her head sooner or later if he keeps on staring. Her left cheek feels so hot –partly because she’s shy of his long stares.

Trying not to care, she look forward to the board –pretending to take interest on the subject the teacher was teaching.  Her fingers move swiftly above her notebook, jotting every words her teacher spills out, not caring whether it’s irrelevant or not.

Her heartbeat did not do any justice either as its keep on beating faster and faster the more the minutes pass by.

Why is he staring so much? Did I have something stuck on my face?

Timidly, she brush lightly her left face using the back of her hand and found nothing as a result. Trying her best not to care at his piercing gaze, Yoora suffer the rest hours awkwardly stoned in her seat without her head turning to her sides and making her neck to goes all stiff.

The recess bell rings and without looking back she quickly strutted out of the classroom, pretending not to hear Sehun’s voice calling her. She doesn’t even bother to keep her table neat with all of her stationary still lays all over it, the pen she was using was not attach to its cap and even her textbook was left open wide.

Biting her lips, she brisk-walked through the hallway that slowly started to crowd with the students heading to the school canteen. Her body stumbled a little from her fast pace but she don’t care to turn back and apologize to the other party. Yoora wanted her body to disappear from being seen at the hallway and she wanted to make her wish to be granted faster. But to her disappointment, it seems god did not want to grant that little wish of her when she clearly hears her name being hollered from the end of the hallway.

“Yoora!” she squints her eyes shut once before she catch up on her speed once again, abruptly turning her body at the first corner she saw.  Her legs lead her to climb up on the staircase and she did, until she reach a small door leads to the rooftop.

As soon, her body went through the door, she heaved a sigh of relief. Her hands latched on both of her knees as she catches her breath. Her fast heartbeat making her harder to breathe adding to all the running she just did earlier. After her breathing stabilized, she straightens her back and place a hand on her chest, feeling her heart pulse rapidly against her palm.

Yoora sigh again. That voice. Even without turning back, she knows who it belongs to. And for her to actually notice that she can recognize Luhan’s voice without even looking, making her to grow a little bit paranoid. Even without looking, it can make her heart to beat irregularly.  It just showed that Luhan practically have a big effect upon her life.

“I need to get my mind straight” she whispers and immediately her face fell into a sad expression. Her heart immediately pinched in sorrow and she bite back the tears that slowly started to form. Yoora rubs her face once, taking a large intake of fresh air before her body relaxed.

She was just about to take a sit at the nearest bench when her phone vibrated. Fishing it out from her skirts pocket, she let out a small gasp at the name that appeared as the owner of the text message she just received.

Yah! Where are you? Aren’t we going to have lunch together? – Hani

Yoora face-palmed her head softly. How can she forget about her? Immediately, her thumbs dance on top of her touchscreen phone, drafting words by words before she send to her friend.

Sorry. I got carried away doing something. Where are you? I’ll come right now – Yoora

A couple of minute later, her phone vibrate once again and her smiles bloom at the text she just received.

At the garden behind the school, near the field. I’ve brought lunchbox with me and it fills with all of your favorites. Come faster! – Hani

Keeping her phone back into her pockets, she quickly makes way downstairs –carefully, so she can avoid if the boys ever near her.  She let out a relief sigh and skip lightly –knowing that none of the boys presence could be detected around there.

She smiles thinking that Hani purposely pack her favorite foods to cheer her up. But she was a little bit confused by the sudden change of location. Usually they never eat there and it’s not like the cafeteria don’t allowed outside foods. Nevertheless she just obeyed her friend words.

Her light skips take a halt as soon she almost arrived at the garden table under the old big tree near the field. Her eyes grew round as she froze in her spot, looking at Hani who busy sets the table with her three-tier lunchbox . That girl still not noticing her presence and continue placing each pair of chopstick above a soviet napkins that she personally prepared.

But that’s not it. It’s not because the bountiful amount of food that her friend has prepared or her friend feminine action preparing the table that makes her to agape in shock right now. The fact that she’s got four other companies with her makes Yoora unable to swallow the image she just witnessed.

She gulped, feeling her head started to works fast in coming of an idea trying to escape.  It looks like her friend did not made her a feast in order to cheer her up. Oh, not all.

Yoora was about to lift her leg slowly and step away from the scene when her eyes makes a direct contact with Sehun and to Minseok a second after. She saw how the taller boy words something out that she positively sure was her name. Almost immediately, the other three pair of head turns to look at her, making her to completely failed in her escape.

She did not dare to make any eye contact with Luhan but she manage to catch Kyungsoo big eyes before her sight drop at her friends smiling face. Hani walks closer to her happily and she almost curses out loud at her friend.

“Betrayer,” she breathe through her teeth, giving Hani a menacing glare. The girl did not feel offended at all and rolls her eyes at her friend remark instead. She grab Yoora arm and pull her to where the boys are.

“Relax. You’re making it more obvious,” she whispers back and Yoora feel the need to throw her friend into an ocean. Of course I can’t relax! You freaking invited him along. Him! The guy who rejected me!

 Yoora forced her lips tugged upward as soon her body a meter away from them. “Hi, guys,”

“You’re here!” Kyungsoo said as he let out a soft smile to her and Yoora just nodded, not knowing what to answer.

She eyes Hani who already take a seat besides Sehun. The free seat that available are the only seat besides Luhan and she groaned inwardly. Not taking the initiative to sit, Yoora keep on standing at the edge of the table awkwardly.

“I didn’t know you guys are joining us?” Yoora ask and her eyes shift for a second towards Luhan before she turn to Minseok who giving her his gummy smile.

“We were about to when you quickly run away from us,” he said making the girl to fluster by the accurate accusation.

“I-I did not run away,” she argues back, hoping that they believe in her words.

“Yeah right,” she can hear the faint mumble from Minseok and she immediately regret on looking when Minseok deliberately giving her his little pout. Its making her to grow much more guilty for lying and running away.

“Where are you running to earlier?” Sehun ask and Yoora immediately feels chocking up. She blinks once before she squeaked out her voice “ T-Teacher’s office. Mr Kim was looking for me,”

Sehun bite back a mockery snickers from coming out of his lips. He 100% sure all of them noticed that she was lying. Not even bothered to argue no more, he just nod and gave her his side smirk. Yoora who caught that immediately looks away and pretend to take interest of the foods on top of the table.

“Wah, the foods look so yummy,” she commented, taking an abrupt change of conversation between them.

“Of course, its my girlfriend we’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter